ujin765

Neigong practice getting too Powerful... Danger?

Hi! I'm 22 and I've been meditating and practicing Nei Gong for over a year now. I've gathered random information from various sources, met a few teachers and then decided to learn on my own. I knew that my body could tell me everything I needed to know in order to progress further. Meditation and cultivation of energy is not like martial arts. You can go home, sit down, and listen to what your body tells you. Everything you need is already there. Put your senses inwards, then outwards, and connect the two. :)

I've been checking out this site quite often without ever joining, but now I joined because I had two important questions.

1) What are the levels in NeiGong? Could someone describe me the abilities one develops per level?

2) I'm asking the question because it all came VERY naturally to me. I filled my Dan Tien within 2 months. Opened the Microcosmic orbit another month later. Learned how to convert sexual energy into chi for super vitality and turned myself into a multi-orgasmic man with the use of the Big Draw, Cosmic orbit, etc.

Now, my level is pretty intense and I'm getting a little scared. Every time I turn my senses inward, I get pulled by different energies, and when I start gathering energy around me, my hands are starting to produce strong sensations of electricity. I'm not at John Chang's level, but today was most intense yet. I'm worried if this can damage my heart, my brain, other organs?? I mean, I know it can, but... how often does that happen? Or at what level do you have to be for that to be a possible threat?

In the end, I always gather the energy in my Dan Tien again in order to not have any flowing around my body... but, during practice, am I getting to dangerous grounds?

The reason for my fast progress is because I've always been very introverted and in tune with my body. One could say that I've been subconsciously meditating my entire life. Plus, these days, I can practice several hours a day.

I'm hoping that since I've been successful so far, I will sense any dangers coming ahead and avoid them instinctively. But to be on the safe side, could someone please fill me in on the two questions?

Thanks a lot!

-Eugene-

Edited by ujin765

I'd suppose you could ask your teacher.

I don't have one. I just met up with random teachers for extra info. I got to this point with my own research and practice :S.

Eugene.

There's so many different systems that will put this so many different ways. There's no one answer to your questions, there's no right answer. Even with a teacher, you're still left as the only one who experiences what you do.

Bottom line is, you are playing with your nervous system in ways that are typically processed unconciously, and so you should always tread carefully. If it feels like too much, back off. You'll be ok if you err on the side of caution.

Coming from someone who's experienced very real physical changes using Chia's stuff (you mention the big draw) my experience is that it can be interpreted in an overzealous way and takes time and unfortunately some error to find the level of subtlety and finesse that makes it safe to play with fire (he's a pretty fiery fire method).

So balance your fire practice with water practice, observe yourself passively at least as much as you impose on yourself actively if not more, and go slow.

Hi! I'm 22 and I've been meditating and practicing Nei Gong for over a year now. I've gathered random information from various sources, met a few teachers and then decided to learn on my own. I knew that my body could tell me everything I needed to know in order to progress further. Meditation and cultivation of energy is not like martial arts. You can go home, sit down, and listen to what your body tells you. Everything you need is already there. Put your senses inwards, then outwards, and connect the two. :)

I've been checking out this site quite often without ever joining, but now I joined because I had two important questions.

1) What are the levels in NeiGong? Could someone describe me the abilities one develops per level?

2) I'm asking the question because it all came VERY naturally to me. I filled my Dan Tien within 2 months. Opened the Microcosmic orbit another month later. Learned how to convert sexual energy into chi for super vitality and turned myself into a multi-orgasmic man with the use of the Big Draw, Cosmic orbit, etc.

Now, my level is pretty intense and I'm getting a little scared. Every time I turn my senses inward, I get pulled by different energies, and when I start gathering energy around me, my hands are starting to produce strong sensations of electricity. I'm not at John Chang's level, but today was most intense yet. I'm worried if this can damage my heart, my brain, other organs?? I mean, I know it can, but... how often does that happen? Or at what level do you have to be for that to be a possible threat?

In the end, I always gather the energy in my Dan Tien again in order to not have any flowing around my body... but, during practice, am I getting to dangerous grounds?

The reason for my fast progress is because I've always been very introverted and in tune with my body. One could say that I've been subconsciously meditating my entire life. Plus, these days, I can practice several hours a day.

I'm hoping that since I've been successful so far, I will sense any dangers coming ahead and avoid them instinctively. But to be on the safe side, could someone please fill me in on the two questions?

Thanks a lot!

-Eugene-

answer 1: there are no levels, only the journey

since this answer won't help you any....

like you said. "I knew that my body could tell me everything I needed to know in order to progress further."

correct - IT WILL. If you feel you are progressing too fast then slow down. But the fact is - It is your mind that is getting in the way. The fact that you "think" you are going too fast is that you are. When you can clear the mind out the way so that you don't "think" you will be at the ultimate destination. What i say should be evidence to you that your mind is slowing you down. Get it out the way. Don't think. don't let it dictate your feelings or anything at all. But until you can get to the stage where you don't think most importatly don't do what the voice inside your head is telling you not to. To do so will be sending you backwards. It will stress you out. You will feel what you are doing is wrong. It will create additional tension in your body.

I can tell from your post that your brain is heading you in the right direction. But you need to forget your brain to continue on your path. It is slowing you down.

Unless you are constantly living in a cave you need to experience the real world, the world in our cities. I have gained lots of insight just by living normally. You have to experience dangers so you know how to avoid them. DONT WORRY! When you do too much exercise you get sore muscles. that is your body telling you, you have damaged them. Do you die? No. Do you shorten your life. Maybe, i don't know. Do you progress, yes.

Summing up dude, Just follow the inner voice. Remember the 3 levels. Spiritual, emotional and physical. Physical is slow. You have lots of time to correct the spiritual, less time to correct the emotional until it finally has some play on the physical. Thats the wonderful thing about our life. It gives us time to change our thoughts and feelings until it affects us on the physical. Continually doing what you think is wrong on either of the upper levels will finally manifest on the physical. But you have plenty of time. Play, try and do what you feel is right!

happy living!!

Thanks a lot!

-Eugene-

answer 1: there are no levels, only the journey

since this answer won't help you any....

like you said. "I knew that my body could tell me everything I needed to know in order to progress further."

correct - IT WILL. If you feel you are progressing too fast then slow down. But the fact is - It is your mind that is getting in the way. The fact that you "think" you are going too fast is that you are. When you can clear the mind out the way so that you don't "think" you will be at the ultimate destination. What i say should be evidence to you that your mind is slowing you down. Get it out the way. Don't think. don't let it dictate your feelings or anything at all. But until you can get to the stage where you don't think most importatly don't do what the voice inside your head is telling you not to. To do so will be sending you backwards. It will stress you out. You will feel what you are doing is wrong. It will create additional tension in your body.

I can tell from your post that your brain is heading you in the right direction. But you need to forget your brain to continue on your path. It is slowing you down.

Unless you are constantly living in a cave you need to experience the real world, the world in our cities. I have gained lots of insight just by living normally. You have to experience dangers so you know how to avoid them. DONT WORRY! When you do too much exercise you get sore muscles. that is your body telling you, you have damaged them. Do you die? No. Do you shorten your life. Maybe, i don't know. Do you progress, yes.

Summing up dude, Just follow the inner voice. Remember the 3 levels. Spiritual, emotional and physical. Physical is slow. You have lots of time to correct the spiritual, less time to correct the emotional until it finally has some play on the physical. Thats the wonderful thing about our life. It gives us time to change our thoughts and feelings until it affects us on the physical. Continually doing what you think is wrong on either of the upper levels will finally manifest on the physical. But you have plenty of time. Play, try and do what you feel is right!

happy living!!

I've found that self-acupressure has been a critical tool that took me way too long to find. :)

In Taoism, there is the work of "opening all of the channels". I had some major classic openings when I was younger, lots of energy etc but, looking back, I'd still say that I had a lot of work to do as far as opening the 12 regular and 8 extraordinary channels. Having those open or, rather, working to gradually open them further in a balanced way - is a major major tool in assisting your body to digest and integrate the powerful refined energetics that get accessed through esoteric practice.

- Trunk

The tantien cannot be filled. :)

Make sure you work your root well and you should be fine. A different story is the condition of your internal organs and your karma. This is something you need to figure out yourself, I mean the karma thing.

• Like 1

Did you notice some physical changes?

Well, I became healthier. Stronger mentally and physically. Whenever I pause for a moment during my day, I constantly feel pulsating energy flowing through me, very warmly, and hear my heart beating. One physical problem I had was during the Big Draw - I squeeze my chest sometimes too hard while performing it, and my heart started hurting. I'm gonna try to control that.

Edited by ujin765

Eugene.

There's so many different systems that will put this so many different ways. There's no one answer to your questions, there's no right answer. Even with a teacher, you're still left as the only one who experiences what you do.

Bottom line is, you are playing with your nervous system in ways that are typically processed unconciously, and so you should always tread carefully. If it feels like too much, back off. You'll be ok if you err on the side of caution.

Coming from someone who's experienced very real physical changes using Chia's stuff (you mention the big draw) my experience is that it can be interpreted in an overzealous way and takes time and unfortunately some error to find the level of subtlety and finesse that makes it safe to play with fire (he's a pretty fiery fire method).

So balance your fire practice with water practice, observe yourself passively at least as much as you impose on yourself actively if not more, and go slow.

I can't speak for Chia's methods, but I did start with nei kung. At the two year point I was experimenting with many forms of breathing practice and overheated myself; lots of heat emanating from my face, hands, and chest (this also happened to be in Los Angeles last summer - very hot). An acupuncturist told me that many westerners who begin chi kung practice bring up their fire energy and overheat, partly due to the western diet, and aren't nearly as adept at bringing the water energy down, so I went for some acupuncture treatments, took some cooling herbal formulas, and scratched the caffeine except for green tea.

My meridians/gates continue to open up on a daily basis - I have 2-4 hours of practice time available to me - but I'm focusing most of the time on the water method a la Bruce Frantzis.

Make sure you work your root well and you should be fine. A different story is the condition of your internal organs and your karma. This is something you need to figure out yourself, I mean the karma thing.

You're right. I guess it can't. Feels like it sometimes though :)

Eugene.

Thanks for the reply!!!

What's water practice? Calm, passive meditation? Like zazen? Or is it building more Yin Energy? :S

Thanks for the reply!!!

What's water practice? Calm, passive meditation? Like zazen? Or is it building more Yin Energy? :S

http://www.energyarts.com/Articles/Bruce-s-Articles/Release-To-Freedom-The-Dissolving-Process-of-the-Taoist-Water-Method.html

"Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body" by Bruce Frantzis is a great intro to the water method.

Edited by Blasto

Whenever I pause for a moment during my day, I constantly feel pulsating energy flowing through me, very warmly, and hear my heart beating.

For example: Warm hands is a very good sign. A warm head is a bad sign.

The heart-pain thing is really bad!

Calm, passive meditation?[/Quote]

Maybe you should relax, calm ... empty yourself. Do not "force" anything for a while.

I'd like to comment on that if i may.

I think it's true, tantien cannot be filled. Once you reach a level of fullness, you only need to go thru a good detox (it can be a purification of emotional, spiritual but mostly physical will do just fine), and it will give you a new start, a new dept of the field you need to fill.

You won't feel too much power... once you've created a new space inside, a new level will be available to you.

These are things that a good teacher can teach you.

My advice is, you need to learn more about the organs, ballancing the energy, the five phases, the chinese metaphysics. And then the shen metaphysics. It will be a tremendous help, even more so because you choose to practice by yourself only.

I'd like to comment on that if i may.

I think it's true, tantien cannot be filled. Once you reach a level of fullness, you only need to go thru a good detox (it can be a purification of emotional, spiritual but mostly physical will do just fine), and it will give you a new start, a new dept of the field you need to fill.

You won't feel too much power... once you've created a new space inside, a new level will be available to you.

These are things that a good teacher can teach you.

My advice is, you need to learn more about the organs, ballancing the energy, the five phases, the chinese metaphysics. And then the shen metaphysics. It will be a tremendous help, even more so because you choose to practice by yourself only.

hm that helped me too little1, thanks ^_^

Meditation and cultivation of energy is not like martial arts. You can go home, sit down, and listen to what your body tells you. Everything you need is already there. Put your senses inwards, then outwards, and connect the two.

You are talking about something that is missing more than half of the puzzle.

Trunk can you refer me to a resource that would prioritize the points to work with? I have the charts on the wall but I'm sure there's a more effective way than trying to work every single point of every channel.

I've found that self-acupressure has been a critical tool that took me way too long to find. :)

In Taoism, there is the work of "opening all of the channels". I had some major classic openings when I was younger, lots of energy etc but, looking back, I'd still say that I had a lot of work to do as far as opening the 12 regular and 8 extraordinary channels. Having those open or, rather, working to gradually open them further in a balanced way - is a major major tool in assisting your body to digest and integrate the powerful refined energetics that get accessed through esoteric practice.

- Trunk

Interesting to hear it's a typical Western thing. Makes sense considering the cultural climate around here.

I can't speak for Chia's methods, but I did start with nei kung. At the two year point I was experimenting with many forms of breathing practice and overheated myself; lots of heat emanating from my face, hands, and chest (this also happened to be in Los Angeles last summer - very hot). An acupuncturist told me that many westerners who begin chi kung practice bring up their fire energy and overheat, partly due to the western diet, and aren't nearly as adept at bringing the water energy down, so I went for some acupuncture treatments, took some cooling herbal formulas, and scratched the caffeine except for green tea.

My meridians/gates continue to open up on a daily basis - I have 2-4 hours of practice time available to me - but I'm focusing most of the time on the water method a la Bruce Frantzis.

Trunk can you refer me to a resource that would prioritize the points to work with? I have the charts on the wall but I'm sure there's a more effective way than trying to work every single point of every channel.

The link I gave to that section of my site is the best that I know of right now.

Tip:

If you just have fun exploring, and keep a loose balance of treating left/right, up/down, front/back - then you'll be in (loosely) balanced treatment territory. Even if you don't know exactly which points & channels you're treating. Then you can get more techy as you have the time and interest.

Thanks a lot!

-Eugene-

Lucky guy, congrats!!!

I'd be a little careful with the pop SKF, though. Actively rerouting postnatal jing could be tricky and risky. That whole area is still rather vague to me (and many others as well). Some might consider that a bit of a left-hand path and that once your prenatal jing has been converted (by lust or sex) into postnatal jing, it's already gone down the wrong fork in the road (as opposed to getting transmuted directly into yang qi). Again, lots of hearsay here though..

Personally, I would focus more on opening my macrocosmic orbit, than SKF, at your stage. But, you're ahead of me and so what the hell do I know? :D

sometimes I feel like this/have been told this?

Is it really neccssary to learn about five phases/organs etc and where does one learn

sometimes I feel like this/have been told this?

Is it really neccssary to learn about five phases/organs etc and where does one learn

Each organ has specific works to perform and it is designed to do so.

The liver performs more than 400 functions each single day.

I always wonder when I hear people talking of their ability at re-directing the subtle currents of their body at will to balance the organs... when they are not even aware of all the things that organs do by themselves without being bothered by some taoistic minds...

"What will help the most" is an individual thing, we all have different balance. Jenny Lamb teaches a meridian tapping exercise that is a good idea. Feeling stuff out helps. Bring the full focus of your awareness as you do 'em. Everything is an awareness exercise.

Lucky guy, congrats!!!

I'd be a little careful with the pop SKF, though. Actively rerouting postnatal jing could be tricky and risky. That whole area is still rather vague to me (and many others as well). Some might consider that a bit of a left-hand path and that once your prenatal jing has been converted (by lust or sex) into postnatal jing, it's already gone down the wrong fork in the road (as opposed to getting transmuted directly into yang qi). Again, lots of hearsay here though..

Personally, I would focus more on opening my macrocosmic orbit, than SKF, at your stage. But, you're ahead of me and so what the hell do I know? biggrin.gif

The root is mind, cascades of events or neural firings are shaped by habit, experience, choice, the focus of awareness (or lack thereof.) It is why there isnt the thought of repressing thought since that is thought itself and linking the object again maintains the connection - that's the essence of the analogy regarding thought of "let them come in through the front door, leave of their own accord through the back door, but do not invite them to stay for tea." The best way to to begin from the root, the focus of awareness harnesses the raw core-energy - there is no 'thinking' when the energetic potential is harnessed elsewhere; by virtue of harnessing and focusing awareness we train a new path of least resistance that harnesses the core-energy-potentials; so without sufficient potential, thought-stream-energy does not manifest.

Progress is correlated with the ability to enter deep stillness and stay there. Well trained, streamlined breath mechanics will help train the muscle memory, focused consciousness fixed at the seat of awareness in the midbrain and the two keys that when put to practice consistently, get you there.

The tantien cannot be filled. smile.gif

Agree, that's why I think in terms of flux density as opposed to any sort of filling of a container. Flux is a dynamic word, so even though in certain context the dantien can be treated as a scalar potential, it is such in the same way a plugged in battery is, still has a dynamic movement to its energetic component.

Well, I became healthier. Stronger mentally and physically. Whenever I pause for a moment during my day, I constantly feel pulsating energy flowing through me, very warmly, and hear my heart beating. One physical problem I had was during the Big Draw - I squeeze my chest sometimes too hard while performing it, and my heart started hurting. I'm gonna try to control that.

Re-focus on the more fundamental breath mechanisms - the fundamental is the diaphragm-psoas-perineum dynamic. Pay attention to the dynamic of those 3 structures when doing a reverse abdominal breath. The heart should be light, buoyant, shining, happy, proper mechanics should help keep your focus from rising too high in that regard.

/\