awake

If you could speak to an enlightened person...

Hi all, it's deci the drill instructor~

Enlightenment doesn't change the person. Enlightenment is just the experience and certainty that there is no person and has never been otherwise. You see what a non-changing non-being reality you are. Afterwards the hard part is harmonizing your experience in real-life situations. The achievement is in understanding not-understanding. All the tricks are not essential to self-refinement before or after the fact. After enlightenment you are still you. You know you are no different than anyone else and the compulsion to modify that fact ceases.

There is nothing at all an enlightening being can teach you because realization is the knowledge of nothing whatsoever. And I'll prove it.

There is no thing. Poof! Are you different yet? You are STILL different. Then stop doing things to change. Just stop doing things until you are the same. It's not about believing someone else's reputation! It consists of you. Rub that out and you'll see what's left. That's what's the same.

Ya gotta see it for yourself. As long as you keep hoping a celebrity can change your life you'll never step off the bus much less actually start walking the steps to reach the end of the finite path and finally arrive at the beginning of the infinite path with infinity no longer in the way— because it's all there is. You are on it right now, but you don't know it— so you can't avail yourself of it. Actually there is nothing TO do, other than respond at each moment.

When celebrities see me they don't do anything unusual. Don't bother. Is their destiny MORE necessary to the evolution of the world than yours? Don't be so pathetic! Do your job single-mindedly. Seducing yourselves is a waste of your time. All you're really trying to do is seduce the celebrity (suspending the hope, of course). But if you thought your intent to pander through— if you're not prepared to follow-through and challenge the anointed one, then you're not prepared to kill a buddha. Even if you do seduce a buddha, you're still holding their bag. Now you're worse off!

So if you're not prepared to kill a buddha, you're not ready to be a buddha. So drop this fantasy realm and get ready by forgetting your own words— because those are the ones that are going to kill you. Essential nature is void of words. Enlightenment is forgetting words. Poof!

And who are you?

This post is everywhere, a ramble, an infatuation with words and their paradoxes, meanings without purpose.

But I am probably speaking to myself. :rolleyes: .

Sorry.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Good example.

I've seen this happen with very advanced teachers.

My first meditation teacher had a psychotherapy practice which he discontinued after a certain point, and talked about his reasoning in front of the meditation group. He just didn't have (much of) the emotional and psychological content of a normal human being. He had lost his personal internal reference to be able to relate well to clients in a psychotherapeutic setting.

This doesn't mean that he wasn't still a human in some ways.

My observation is that it's a mistaken assumption that enlightenment means "perfection in all actions" or "perfection of all the virtues" or some such. Basically it means that one is developed in integration with Light. Doesn't necesarily imply anything else. An enlightened Teacher can misunderstand what a student says, or make a mis-statement him/her self. Also, an enlightened Teacher is generally good at some things, not so good at some other things - like any other individual.

That's my observation after spending time around several very mystically advanced teachers. (Like mind-blowing, gahhhh :o , advanced.)

- Trunk

Thanks Trunk! This has been my experience as well - that they can be good

at some things and not so good at others. It's good to be reminded they

can misunderstand or make mis-statements too. I think it's very true...

being enlightened doesn't automatically give a person good teaching skills.

Edited by tyler zambori

And what do you imagine an enlightened person to be like? They're not so different. We're just stumbling around in the dark tripping over things, while an awakened being is able to avoid most of things we trip on, because for them, the light is on.

I'd be wary of any living teacher that claimed they were enlightened. However if I was lucky enough to be in the presence of one that made no such claims, but was revered by others as such, I'd do what Trunk suggests and rest my mind in their presence.

And what do you imagine an enlightened person to be like? They're not so different. We're just stumbling around in the dark tripping over things, while an awakened being is able to avoid most of things we trip on, because for them, the light is on.

I'm not sure who you are disagreeing with.

I'd be wary of any living teacher that claimed they were enlightened.

I'd be even more wary of a dead teacher claiming the same!! :blink::P

A really great teacher can/will know of your serious questions/difficulties better than you "normally" do before you verbalize them; thus the main thing is to be honest with yourself and with them and they will naturally help in doing or saying what needs to be done or said...

lend a hand and you be lended a hand. ;)

Om

Edited by 3bob

What would you ask or say to them?

If its a guy, "When's the last time you jerked off?"

Honestly, that's what I would ask.

Edited by hyok