Yuen Biao

Making babies!

Hey y'all.

Yes I know another topic that is defined by sex, however in light of the post made by John Zen I was inclined to write or ask about the correlation between procreation and Qigong.

The reason I ask is I remember reading a really old Qigong magazine that gave some guidelines of how best to eat and practise in the run-up so to speak in trying for a baby.

Obviously with retention being a factor for many male Qigong practitioners is there a problem with stored jing and using that for procreation? For instance I had heard that it was maybe best to "let one fly" first as the great Mike Patton once proclaimed in 'Jizzlobber' to get rid of stale/potent jing before trying properly.

I've been increasingly interested in this subject over the last few years and have never really found any information regarding the subject so if anyone has anything to add I would be very pleased to hear.

Thanks for reading,

Namaste.

Edited by Yuen Biao

I don't know about Qigong practices but I have read that traditional cultures would put couples on special, nutrient dense diets to ensure the health of both the man and woman to be optimal for reproducing. I am not sure exactly what was consumed but it was obviously going to be different depending on location but the ideas were the same. In the "modern" western world pretty much the entire focus of getting pregnant and having a baby is on the woman without a lot of attention given to pre-conception diet and health. But the man needs to be adding good healthy components to the equation as well.

Obviously with retention being a factor for many male Qigong practitioners is there a problem with stored jing and using that for procreation? For instance I had heard that it was maybe best to "let one fly" first as the great Mike Patton once proclaimed in 'Jizzlobber' to get rid of stale/potent jing before trying properly.

Chia did the same. Once to get rid of any old sperm. He stated that he and his wife achieved conception on the 1st attempt after that.

Since actually making a baby does not happen often in ones life. Approaching this activity in the best possible manner sounds like a great idea but I have no idea how to do that. Well some idea, mindfullnes and loving intent. But obviously not my area of expertise :lol: