Nebulon

Feeling Heavy after Qigong

Hello all, I am a bit worried.

This is my fourth day doing qigong, this is also my first day doing qigong in the morning instead of right before I go sleep.

When I arrived at work today I suddenly became aware of a massive feeling of heavyness, like my skin is made of steel.

I have tried to find an answer to this symptom but I have not succeeded in finding a clear explanation.

I have found three vague possibilities.

a.) Its an M.E. + Qigong

b.) It might be Qigong deviation.

c.) Its an symptom of an advanced qigong practitioner

Obviously two of these are quite worrying! Does anyone have any experience in this area? I just started going 8 Brocade Sitting Qigong by Yang Jwing Ming.

In case you are doing the exercices correctly, there is a chance of any kind of symptoms coming up when first beginning.. When I started with Pranayama breathing years ago I had severe anxiety attacking, along with some physical disorders. But I kept doing it and they went away. When I started SFQ a month or so ago I had some very electric anger coming up, now it's also down to a healthy level. I see this as a healing process and the symptoms are a sign of energy beginning to move and deep-seated blockages dissolving.

Of course I can't be positively sure about your situation, but make sure you're doing the exercises correctly and then keep on doing them at least a few weeks still. If this condition persist, try SFQ it's blissful :)

Edited by King Kabalabhati

Thank you! That really helps, I just decided to quickly do mabu(horse stance) with hands extended hugging tree, this supposedly circulates chi in the body, and that has reduced the symptom dramatically, thank goodness :o)

I have to say I am constantly having to direct my chi back to my dantian, the heat moves to different parts of my body in the day and I either use the swallowing spit method or lead it with th yi mind to get it back down in the belly.

It doesnt personally feel threatening but I dont think its good to feel the fire all the time, might just be the healing process like you said as I have only just started. I am following Yang Jwing Mings Instructions as best I can including the grounding/rooting method and the balancing, I am getting the accompanying dvd soon so that may hopefully offer extra insight into the practice. I could attend the ymaa in london possibly to get first hand experience at some point next month, might be a good idea really!

Often the practices that create/stimulate fire are said to be done at night.. You even said yourself "I don't think its supposed to be active all day". I do them before I sleep.. Remember to do a closing, keep in control of your emotions, or how in your head you are about your thoughts/scenarios.

Be sure to close, let go of any energy that is attached to you after the practice.

Also, aside from qigong, try to do at least some basic stretches and exercises.

Check your diet, try to eat healthier.

The thing with qigong is that, on top of getting new energy, it allows you to perceive things that are already there- and sometimes the energy that is already there is stagnant, unhealthy. We realize how poorly we take care of ourselves.

Since I've started qigong, I've realized how bad my posture is, how certain foods make me physically sick to eat, while other foods powerfully energize me, what parts of my body are weak and in need of exercise or stretching, etc.

All of this stuff was already there, I just wasn't aware of it.

Since I've started qigong, I've realized how bad my posture is, how certain foods make me physically sick to eat, while other foods powerfully energize me, what parts of my body are weak and in need of exercise or stretching, etc.

All of this stuff was already there, I just wasn't aware of it.

Hm glad I heard that.. Thanks Sloppy