Sign in to follow this  
bukejian

Iron Rings

Maybe not a question aappropriate for this board: but, since there are some martial artist here, and this is the only one, I participate on. I thought some one might know. Where can I buy the "large iron rings" which are used as weapons in some ma styles, not the smaller ones worn around the arms by Hung Gar stylists and others. Most ma supply companys I looked at, don't carry them.

Bu

Actually, I'm going for the look the Metal Roo had in the movie "Warriors of Virtue" Now that was one cool dude!

The picture above got me thinking; Hsing Yi and Hung Gar, Wow! that could be a very potent combination of kung fu styles. The raw external power of Hung Gar combined with the internal force of Hsing Yi. That could potentially create a very powerful fighter.

Bu

should be able to get what you need from:

www.shenmartialarts.com

silken rings

brass and chrome

keep the rings orbiting

The Iron Ring must be a very secretive weapon of kung fu. I have not even been able to find any videos of people performing the weapon. All I have found are some old magazone articles from IKF dating back to the eighties. Shen Martial Arts is the only company, I can find that sells an iron ring. and at 12" in diameter, its probally to smallfor what I'm looking for. Then there's going to be the problem of finding some one to teach me the iron ring. At this point, I'm thinking maybe I should go with a Meteor Hammer as a weapon of choice. Thanks for the imput.

Bu

The Iron Ring must be a very secretive weapon of kung fu. I have not even been able to find any videos of people performing the weapon. All I have found are some old magazone articles from IKF dating back to the eighties. Shen Martial Arts is the only company, I can find that sells an iron ring. and at 12" in diameter, its probally to smallfor what I'm looking for. Then there's going to be the problem of finding some one to teach me the iron ring. At this point, I'm thinking maybe I should go with a Meteor Hammer as a weapon of choice. Thanks for the imput.

Bu

tie two ends of scarf to wrists and practice or drap it over the arms

email Mario and ask for three and a half to four inch rings

the nine inch ring is a wing chun tool but two of them would work together

Sign in to follow this