Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

friends who died

Lozens recent post, my conversation with Yoda today, the post I just read on mma.tv, seems to be a theme this month :(

So, you all have friends and family have died? Obviously, yes. I remember reading a story about the Buddha being asked by a mother who's son had died or something why this had happened. Buddha instructed her to go talk to everyone in the town who had not had a loved one die. Of course everyone had a story of a loved one that died(very loose and probably poor translation of the story here are on my part).

A guy I work with who's family I hung out with on New Year's Eve family member died a couple weeks ago. I was joking around with him after taking a few tequila shots and rubbing his belly and bowing down to him because he was so fat and was like this fat, smiling Buddha. Of course it was funny at the time but not so funny now that he has died. He was only like 50, maybe even younger.

I guess this just falls under the learning to allow everything to be as it is post I just made. Death being just another aspect of life that is. Of course, a serious Buddhist or Taoist might say on a deeepr level, what fundamentally was born and what has died? I think that is also an interesting question to ask.

Edited by Cameron

Julian Latham--I never met him but spoke with him on the phone, and his book moved me. We were very sad when he died. Possible suicide.

Noah--a good friend of mine in college with the beautiful blue hair. Suicide by hanging. I had a feeling something was gonna happen.

My uncle, I didn't know him too well

Jim aka Train Scum, a perpetual houseguest at a house I lived in. Heroin overdose

Jan--also a heroin overdose. Her boyfriend--suicide. (people I went to college with.)

My friend's brother. Car accident.

Trish--a woman I cared for...with her Merkabah videos and astrology. But it was time to go.

My grandfather--GOD I miss him, he was amazing

and now Chris of course...God bless his soul...

Edited by Lozen

It's nice to have a bunch of dead friends. Now that they've attained superconsciousness, they'll help you out in a way that you can more easily relate to than some angel or "God" or whatever.

That's why the Chinese love having their ancestors around.

apart from my grandfather who i was not close to at all, and a couple of pets... i haven't had any loved ones die on me yet.

there have been a couple of people from school that have already gone, but again i wasn't close to them.

So, you all have friends and family have died? Obviously, yes. I remember reading a story about the Buddha being asked by a mother who's son had died or something why this had happened. Buddha instructed her to go talk to everyone in the town who had not had a loved one die. Of course everyone had a story of a loved one that died(very loose and probably poor translation of the story here are on my part).

This is a topic very dear to me. I like everyone else have lost loved ones. I can tell you that there are often undeniable signs from these loved ones. I won't go into detail since it doesn't seem appropriate, but I can say, ask them for a sign that they are there and see what happens. Don't freak out. :)

On that buddha story, the version i read was about a woman whose son died and she asked the buddha to bring him back to life. Buddha said to go find a home in the village that did not taste death. When she found this home, she was to bring back a single mustard seed to him. So she went from house to house and each house had a story to tell of a loved one that was lost. She kept searching and searching and finally realized there was no such house. So she returned to the buddha to thank him for that lesson and she was able to go on with her life. I thought that was a beautiful story...

T

just found this most appropriate quote on healing dao britain website:

what a caterpillar calls the end

the rest of the world calls a butterfly

I love the butterfly metaphor :)

I never liked that quote or the 'am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man or man dreaming I'm a butterfly..'.

Sometimes..What the butterfly calls the end, the spider calls lunch..

Michael :o

Edited by thelerner

I like the butterfly metaphor too... we take bodies to increase our focus, to eat and fatten up on wisdom and desires and then to take that knowledge back to the freedom and limitlessness of our non-physical spawning grounds when we've had our fill.

Sign in to follow this