Machin Shin

Lion Ba Gua or Lion asana?

Does anybody have a story about lions? I'm trying to make some sense out of an old Indian mathematician and his personal goddess Namagiri. Namagiri was the consort of Narasimha a lion headed diety with four arms that is popular in Southern India.

As for the Imagery of Narasimha one arm holds a chakra in the mudra of warning one arm holds a conch shell symbolic of the winds in the sun and moon channel merging into union in the center channel, and the other two arms hold a corpse. The bliss would arise from the activity of helping others to overcome their terrors.

Math that is terrifying? teeth chattering body shaking eyes bulging in terror....

sine=opposite/hypotenuse

cosine=adjacent/hypotenuse

oh man here it comes

Tangent=opposite/adjacent

Roar a lion appears

What about hyperbolic functions......oh no don't go into that forest there might be lions!

Nothing....But I did stop global warming and help to remove subtle ignorance today.

Oh yeah I had a couple of cups of chai from the local ashram.

Dur ???

Khrod anger or wrath

Cho dhamra

Gori ???

Man & Lion as friends. Maybe this video will be useful?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev7oLCwD3ME&feature=PlayList&p=FC6442628688232D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=61

Michael

Chogori is a climbing route on K2

That was amazing to see. But it makes me wonder about the future of lions and other wild animals.

Basically I'm trying to tame the spicy life at the ashram and the practice of Narasimha and namagiri arrived as a result of recent yoga. Narasimha is a lion headed wisdom deity and Namagiri is his consort. Namagiri is an aspect of Laksmhi. Nama is name and Giri is hills.

The Yoga Temple of Narasimha is reputed to remove mental disorders. I can tell you that for the past week the yoga that has lead to this wisdom diety has been fierce. The diety gets ahold of you and plays with you just like in the vid...

Does anybody have a story about lions? I'm trying to make some sense out of an old Indian mathematician and his personal goddess Namagiri. Namagiri was the consort of Narasimha a lion headed diety with four arms that is popular in Southern India.

As for the Imagery of Narasimha one arm holds a chakra in the mudra of warning one arm holds a conch shell symbolic of the winds in the sun and moon channel merging into union in the center channel, and the other two arms hold a corpse. The bliss would arise from the activity of helping others to overcome their terrors.

Math that is terrifying? teeth chattering body shaking eyes bulging in terror....

sine=opposite/hypotenuse

cosine=adjacent/hypotenuse

oh man here it comes

Tangent=opposite/adjacent

Roar a lion appears

What about hyperbolic functions......oh no don't go into that forest there might be lions!

------------

my oh me likes this

can hardly hang on here but bounce off the images

it's true though

it is true

she sprang from his forhead

she was not "nice"

I just listened to a lecture about Australia

an old aboriginal tale told about a giant snake

leaving giant stone eggs.

same same

but different.

TELL ME SOMETHING NEW

Edited by rain

I just had a visit by the aboriginal dream walker from U lo roo. The convicts that were forced to inhabit ausralia call it ayers rock.

Mao shan practice....Thunder magics from Max Christensen.

We practiced whirl wind palm and taught about twenty Teenagers from the highschool Bagua. Sasha even put on a show at the local theatre, four dances did twenty three palm changes... Very mesmerizing those hips moving in circles for hours.....

Reminds me of the time I got a body blessing from Kali.

Whrilwind bagua I still think about that day the we got ahold of the wind in the class. A few summers later I ran into a dust devil and ran with it. I covered three miles in about two minutes. But the whirl wind techniques I have written down in a book of vows.

Max doesn't care anymore...not since they built my monastery I pretty much do what I want. Yeah I have my own monastery

Edited by Machin Shin

I just had a visit by the aboriginal dream walker from U lo roo. The convicts that were forced to inhabit ausralia call it ayers rock.

Mao shan practice....Thunder magics from Max Christensen.

WE practiced whirl wind palm and taught about twenty Teenagers fro =m the highschool Bagua. Sasha evenput on a show at the local theatre, four dances did twentty three palm chnages... Very mesmerizing those hips moving in circles for hours.....

Reminds me of the time I got a body blessing from Kali.

WHrilwind bagua I still think about that day the we got ahold of the wind in the class. The next summer I ran into a dust devil and ran with it. I covered three miles in about two minutes. But the whirl wind techniques I have written down in a book of vows.

Max doesn't care anymore...not since they built my monastery I pretty much do what I want. Yeah I have my own monastery

monastery highschool or kindergarden

Edited by rain

Your right Rain I'm probably showboating....or am I. But the whirlwind palm is a part of the Mao Shan tradition of Great Purity and I haven't figured out the true meaning of it.

Emptiness can perceive the cut.

Use your mainframe to understand

the core of a Lion.

Perceptions used by the mind cut at attachments.

Holds on the body are perceived as attachments.

Harmony teaches to see the holds as they happen and move with them to a peaceful solution.

The last couple of forms that Max was teaching in Santa Fe are elemental. In the sequence of moves there was a turn that is much like the Irimi tenkan (spinning entering) practice in aikido. The Bagua that I started was blended into aikido with the help of the last series of elemental forms that were taught in Santa Fe.

Hmm... Sensei Dunn always tells us to move from the core...and on this day Sensei Dunn used mainframe instead of core. So afterward my mind jumps to this word

Mainframe...one of the largest supercomputers is in Los Alamos. I wonder what sort of project I would want to run on it?

Your right Rain I'm probably showboating....or am I. But the whirlwind palm is a part of the Mao Shan tradition of Great Purity and I haven't figured out the true meaning of it.

Emptiness can perceive the cut.

Use your mainframe to understand

the core of a Lion.

Perceptions used by the mind cut at attachments.

Holds on the body are perceived as attachments.

Harmony teaches to see the holds as they happen and move with them to a peaceful solution.

The last couple of forms that Max was teaching in Santa Fe are elemental. In the sequence of moves there was a turn that is much like the Irimi tenkan (spinning entering) practice in aikido. The Bagua that I started was blended into aikido with the help of the last series of elemental forms that were taught in Santa Fe.

Hmm... Sensei Dunn always tells us to move from the core...and on this day Sensei Dunn used mainframe instead of core. So afterward my mind jumps to this word

Mainframe...one of the largest supercomputers is in Los Alamos. I wonder what sort of project I would want to run on it?

[/quote

-----------

thank you. I asked myself the same question after typing and came to the conclusion that you weren't. but you were celebrating & that is lovely. :)

Edited by rain