Sign in to follow this  
Smile

TACFIT Commando - the new Scott Sonnon product

I have my copy pulled down and am loving it. This product has more detail on the exercises and the reasons behind them than other RMAX products of the past.

Just sampling the exercises has already helped me identify some weaknesses in my movement chain.

yeah I got it too.

Familiar Rmax bodyweight exercises - some compensatory yoga movements and joint-opening type drills.

What sets this program apart from his others is the cyclical progression plan built in. It uses his 4x7 protocol - 4 days of varying intensity exercises - repeated 7 times - giving you a 28 day cycle (he claims it follows a Fibonacci sequence)... there are 3 cycles (each with different exercises) and 3 levels of difficulty for each cycle. So you could easily spend at least 9 months to go through the entire product... although I suspect it would take a while to build up to the hardest difficulty - so 12 months is more likely (at least for me).

I have FlowFit - which is great - but Tacfit seems to have everything built right in and optimally planned out for you.

What sort of timeframe does TACFIT require?

I'm really enjoying my current combat conditioning being breathed hybrid, it slots nicely into a 5~10 min space towards the end of my practice session.

I could plug in a few different exercises, but not add another full practice session.

What sort of timeframe does TACFIT require?

Well you have the 4 intensity levels - No intensity, Low intensity, Medium and High... High takes about 30 minutes for everything - warmup to cooldown... No intensity takes about 10 minutes (Intuflow-like joint mobility drills). So yeah between 10 and 30 minutes a day. It's pretty much a stand-alone system, so you wouldn't be doing any other workouts on the no and low intensity days... you could on the other days as long as the diet matches with the training.

Some of the movements are the same as 'be breathed' and generally all the exercises are well-balanced and seem geared for combat-type conditions. It also uses Tabata style interval timings...

You could easily build up your own program using the exercises you're fond of but in the 4x7 protocol and using the tabata intervals.

I'd say it's not worth it if you're looking for some movements to plug into an existing routine (flowfit might be better for that). The major selling point of tacfit is that it's a complete, well-balanced, pre-planned bodyweight program.

Thanks H,

I've got flow-fit and intu-flow. But the royal court done slowly and being breathed is probably right for me at the moment, fits into my day very nicely.

Perhaps some day I'll carve out another 30 minutes :D Kung fu starts again this week and I've already gotten way to use to my shorter summer workouts, about time they got a bit longer.

Does this contain all the intu-flow and flowfit exercises?

I thought about buying both intu-flow (currently doing beginner level from youtube) and flowfit, which will total in about $110 with shipping so maybe this is a better deal?

Synchronicity :D I was looking for this thread on the weekend (but got a bit busy) to see how people were doing with the TACFIT routine.

Scott Sonnon has released TACFIT Warrior.

The bonuses - if you buy by 17th Dec - includes the flowfit videos.

Edited by rex

Sign in to follow this