DalTheJigsaw123

What Is A Good Detox Plan?

Eat a small, balanced and healthy meal (including some meat, each day) with a lot of variety, every 3-4 hours. Basically: if you're hungry, eat until you're satisfied but never stuffed. Never stay hungry!

Go running a lot (at least a half an hour per day), and do some moderate weight lifting to maintain strength. Wait at least an hour after eating to work out. If you have injuries that make it hard to run, then do some other kind of aerobic activity (biking, stair stepper, elliptical, etc). It's good to work out some time in the morning.

Use a stress eraser later in the day. It really helps. You can't detox if you're all tense...the body self-heals when it relaxes, and a healed body detoxes naturally and without healing crises (where you get all run down and clogged with toxins).

Go to sleep around 10 pm and you should generally wake up before the sun rises.

Simple.

Guest paul walter

First of all you will have to have an internal cleanse such as the Master Cleanse (goes for ten days), and probably more than once. Get liquid activated zeolite and take it. This is just the beginning. Like qigong etc you won't be getting any lasting results unless you get it right at the beginning and don't cut corners. Get the internal systems fixed first through detoxifying the organs etc and getting optimal,non-toxic food, water and supplements into you. Go easy on the excercise, but BREATH right and it will help immensely to detoxify you (one of the things reverse breathing does in chi practices). If it's winter where you are then you may have a harder time going on the fast (room temp drinks) though you could possibly have teas as well. Staying grounded with qigong is good in order for the body to 'reset' and recover from the hammering we give it everyday. Also stay away from trouble/stress--that means away from people and environments that cause it--including yourself :(:D .--meditate. If you want the whole thing in a book the best I know of is in a series that is in the form of two books: 'Cleanse and Purify Thyself' by Richard Anderson. You can get them on Amazon Paul.

Edited by paul walter

Eat a small, balanced and healthy meal (including some meat, each day) with a lot of variety, every 3-4 hours. Basically: if you're hungry, eat until you're satisfied but never stuffed. Never stay hungry!

Go running a lot (at least a half an hour per day), and do some moderate weight lifting to maintain strength. Wait at least an hour after eating to work out. If you have injuries that make it hard to run, then do some other kind of aerobic activity (biking, stair stepper, elliptical, etc). It's good to work out some time in the morning.

Use a stress eraser later in the day. It really helps. You can't detox if you're all tense...the body self-heals when it relaxes, and a healed body detoxes naturally and without healing crises (where you get all run down and clogged with toxins).

Go to sleep around 10 pm and you should generally wake up before the sun rises.

Simple.

Isn't it bad to run a lot, as it messes up the joints?

Guest paul walter

Isn't it bad to run a lot, as it messes up the joints?

Yes. Leon if this is something serious for you you will have to get proper education on the subject. This isn't hard. Either find those books for starters or look up the many resources on the net and start taking notes and devising a rough plan for yourself. Try not to ask people for feedback/info cause everyone will give you different advice and consequently you will never start your process. One thing you seem to have trouble with is starting at the beginning. You often want everything at once and you want it NOW! a common problem in this day and age of course but not one that will give you any nice results that you can feel you earned for yourself and helps build to what you are aiming for. Slow and steady wins the race. Look into fasting for starters--they seem scary but the benefits can be quick and dramatic (if that's your thing :D ). Paul

For your info,

My advice comes from a proper education. College level courses in these subjects (nutrition, fitness, injury prevention, etc).

It's simple...if running hurts, just do biking or something. But if running doesn't hurt or cause you problems, you should know that it's actually really good for you.

Fasting is not good for you. Lots of people want to disagree with that, yet what is their "proper education"? Learning different fasting programs from unqualified people, and self experimenting?

I'm sure that there are exceptions to the rule, but I haven't heard of any qualified nutritionists out there recommending fasting as a way to be healthy. This is because they use actual research.

Most people "in the know" state that the body detoxes itself when it's healthy. It's designed to!

I think Penn and Teller had a "Bullshit" episode on it. :) Check it out.

Guest paul walter

For your info,

My advice comes from a proper education. College level courses in these subjects (nutrition, fitness, injury prevention, etc).

Well you've already put the red flag out for this bull. I'm not insulting you just telling you how it is in the non-middle class world. And to put my cards up front: I aint got no formal education as such. The college level courses in these subjects leave a lot to be desired so don't rely on your expensive education to carry an argument. What isn't corporate funded nutrition research can be out and out propoganda for the FDA and it's affiliates in the Ag. and Pharma. industries. This happens a lot, though of course it's not the whole story. As for injury prevention, running and many common excercises puts high stress on the body resulting in injuries over a short or long period of time. Not saying it's 'bad' just saying it's highly likely to cause harm in some way unless you have taken ALL precautions. Any excercise that expends more energy than it creates is 'harmful' in a very real sense-you think it is giving energy reserves when in fact it is leeching them. The oxygenation of the cells that result from such excercises would have most people believe otherwise since it makes then often feel alive and strong. That's why Tai Chi and Qigong done properly are some of the best overall excercises available at the moment. If you want to build muscle--that's another kettle of fish. Also-all those people who tore ligaments, sprained muscles over the decades because they stretched as per the government/education recommended guidelines of stretching before excercises like running,aerobics etc may be a little irritated that the 'science' has now shown that that is the wrong thing to do--it causes tears! Very logical if you think about it. If you ever want efficient knowledge on this stuff just go to sources dealing with Chinese health techniques and it's associated research. Much of the western stuff is 'loaded' with assumptions--hell it doesn't even take into account chi in the body which is the source of muscle, blood etc .

It's simple...if running hurts, just do biking or something. But if running doesn't hurt or cause you problems, you should know that it's actually really good for you.

Biking can be better for a lot. But no, there can be problems such as shin micro- fractures/joint impact from too much running so you have to weigh up the pro's and cons--each individual will do it differently.

Fasting is not good for you. Lots of people want to disagree with that, yet what is their "proper education"? Learning different fasting programs from unqualified people, and self experimenting?

I'm sure that there are exceptions to the rule, but I haven't heard of any qualified nutritionists out there recommending fasting as a way to be healthy. This is because they use actual research.

Scotty, you're obviously young enough not to have 'contradictions' in your life and/or notice them. Fasting IS good for you, but under careful planning, not for too long etc. This goes for anything. "Qualified nutritionists" in my experience is an oxymoron. They change their guidelines whichever way the wind blows. But yes, there are "qualified nutritionists" who know the value of fastng--not everyone with a tertiary education goes to work for Big Pharma. And no, there isn't that much knowledge about fasting and the more 'esoteric' aspects of body nutrition unless you go to Indian research or the stuff some U.S universities /research centres may have done. Thousands of years of 'practice' has proved the benefits of fasting--in fact caloric restriction is the ONLY recognised 'technique' that nutritionists universally agree keeps the body healthier and prolongs life-span. All animals practice this when they wre sick in order to lessen the load on the organ systems and therefore speed recovery and self- healing. We are no different. We just hae the foresight to practice it along the lines of a conscious preventative measue--that's what fasting is.

Most people "in the know" state that the body detoxes itself when it's healthy. It's designed to!

Agreed, which brings us back to the value of fasting--the average persons' body is NOT healthy. AND the body simply can't cope with the accumulated stress of the toxins in the diet,air etc if you live in a city or eat polluted food,or have mercury fillings,or take mainstream medicine, get x-rays etc, sit in front of radiation emitting devices, don't excercise/breath properly, are constipated...

I think Penn and Teller had a "Bullshit" episode on it. :) Check it out.

I watched a lot of the Penn and Teller shows but like with fundamentlist Christians/Muslims etc I can't stand bigoted fundamentalist fanatics so don't bother with them anymore. Hope I haven't offended you ;) . I don't want to write here after this one cause I don't think arguing differences is very sensible Paul.

Edited by paul walter

Paul,

Can of worms opened up! There are way too many points to individually respond to. I don't like arguing and wasting our time.

It will be enough to say: I disagree with everything you've said. Seriously. It is pure misinformation.

I aint got no formal education as such.

That puts you at a huge disadvantage...

It'd help if you got your info from peer reviewed sources, instead of trying to connect the dots from info off of random internet sites and books.

Done talking with you about this. Nothing personal, since I don't know you at all.

Thank you both!

I'm starting from the beginning.

I started Standing Meditation and it seems that I'm feeling tired after I'm done.

Also my diet has been pretty clean with a lot of fruits/veggies and water mixed in.

Sleeping is not bad as well. Usually asleep by 12AM and up around 7AM or 7:30AM.

I also started doing a lot of bodyweight exercises.

I also jump rope instead of running or jogging.

Does this sound like a good plan?

Or could it be tweaked?

Guest paul walter

Paul,

Can of worms opened up! There are way too many points to individually respond to. I don't like arguing and wasting our time.

It will be enough to say: I disagree with everything you've said. Seriously. It is pure misinformation.

That puts you at a huge disadvantage...

It'd help if you got your info from peer reviewed sources, instead of trying to connect the dots from info off of random internet sites and books.

Done talking with you about this. Nothing personal, since I don't know you at all.

Well you can say what you want about me but the only true thing is that have no I have no integrity cause here I am again :lol: . Won't be arguing though. Well there is such a thing as an educated working class and I suppose I am an example of that, though a poor one. If it is "pure mis-information" I suggest you complain to the authors,researchers and publishers since I am only doing what everyone does-quoting sources, whether academic or experiential. Even though the peer review process is as riddled with problems as the trials they investigate i like most others get my info from the sources that quote these findings, either in the form of journals such as 'The Lancet', 'The New England Journal of Medicine', magazines such as 'Science', Chunyi Lin's and Yan Xin's qigong research as well as the now burgeoning qigong research going on in China and America, and the many books that compile,address, and critique the latest findings in medicine/nutrition/health. No, I'm not an expert since such an animal don't exist,and yes, things keep 'changing' so it's all so very difficult. Hell, half the things I read I don't agree with but I try and give different 'voices' a hearing and then consider the findings. At the moment for example I am reading two books--one on the history,properties and scientific studies done on the herb neem and the other a very disturbing book by Marion Nestle (she who was on committees for the FDA, USDA and who was Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at NYU )called 'Food Politics' which everyone who eats should read. I actually consider myself being at a distinct advantage in not having an education to dismantle before I can enter the 'real' world of science and it's politics. Many nutritionists are simply parrots for the education they received and which you know keeps changing and which they don't have time to keep up with. Check out the average hospital kitchen and dieticians' advice for an example of how bad things get translated in the workplace. One of the things about needing the info for my own life is that I need to get it right so yes, I usually check a few sources before contemplating the results if that is possible. Oh,and also I'm vegan and I think a lot of the reported/compiled nurition on the subject is seriously wrong. But these people are university educated nutritionists/MD's so...? Perhaps you just objected to me cause I didn't like Penn and Teller? :P I know for a 'fact' that they spread pure mis-information too, as do most professional 'rationalists'. Well I'll expect a reply since it's probably only fair that you get to respond if you feel the need to. Paul.

Guest paul walter

Thank you both!

I'm starting from the beginning.

I started Standing Meditation and it seems that I'm feeling tired after I'm done.

Also my diet has been pretty clean with a lot of fruits/veggies and water mixed in.

Sleeping is not bad as well. Usually asleep by 12AM and up around 7AM or 7:30AM.

I also started doing a lot of bodyweight exercises.

I also jump rope instead of running or jogging.

Does this sound like a good plan?

Or could it be tweaked?

What time do you do standing meditation? If you're doing it right you shouldn't feel tired. Relaxed,empty,alert, no strain anywhere,breathing very quite and unforced...right? If you're not doing it already try 'embracing the tree' with your arms in front of the lower dan tien-should feel heat/energy. Perhaps all your energy is used up by other excercises and it really starts to show when you get to relax and 'feel' your body with the standing? True, it can take a lot out of you when you first start standing.? Everything can be tweaked ;).12PM is too late for a good sleep--10PM is ideal which mans you should probably settle down an hour or two before or you won't want to sleep at that time. That means no late night snacks, keeping away from too much stimulation/excitement--it takes a while for the average person to 'come down' from tv and internet that late at night. Just find what you makes you feel strong and alive...Paul.

Hey Leon,

There are lots of detox programs out there on the internet, you can buy kits from places like Blessed Herbs or the Pure Body Institute. William Bodri recommends the Pure Body institute one, there is info on his website about detoxing: meditationexpert.com. They contain herbs like dandelion for the liver (which makes your gall bladder release bile, flushing the liver) or nettles for the kidneys, plus the inevitable psylium husk to scour out the colon.

I havent tried all of those programs, but I have taken some cleansing supplements, and fasted as well. i did the "master cleanser" which was pretty brutal I have to say. He tells you to do salt water flushes, which is (i think) crazy. But fasting did do something good for me i think. Taoist fasting practices include Bigo, but i dont know much about it.

Other choices include a raw food diet, and there are these liver cleanse diets out there that have you avoid all processed foods. some have claimed to have beaten off cancer with this. You could also look at the book Healing With Whole Foods which is often in the local library. It gives a TCM based diet perspective. The authors of this book say a raw food diet is too cold or yin, but I have known people who have used it to beat cancer so you have to make you own choice i guess.

Taking a herbal cleansing program with an at least partially raw diet that contains minimal processed foods and some fresh pressed veggie juice is what I would recommend. I am looking into doing that pretty soon.

Detoxing can make you feel pretty weird and spaced out, so be careful driving! I have heard from people who have done lots of exercise while fasting, and I have done it too. It's tough, and you feel pretty bad sometimes, but if you keep going it works itself out.

What time do you do standing meditation? If you're doing it right you shouldn't feel tired. Relaxed,empty,alert, no strain anywhere,breathing very quite and unforced...right? If you're not doing it already try 'embracing the tree' with your arms in front of the lower dan tien-should feel heat/energy. Perhaps all your energy is used up by other excercises and it really starts to show when you get to relax and 'feel' your body with the standing? True, it can take a lot out of you when you first start standing.? Everything can be tweaked ;).12PM is too late for a good sleep--10PM is ideal which mans you should probably settle down an hour or two before or you won't want to sleep at that time. That means no late night snacks, keeping away from too much stimulation/excitement--it takes a while for the average person to 'come down' from tv and internet that late at night. Just find what you makes you feel strong and alive...Paul.

I'm doing the Standing Tree with the whole holding a ball early mornings when I get up.

I'm usually up by 8AM and I go to sleep at 12AM.

My food intake has been somewhat consistent.

I eat when I need to eat.

Which is usually every 4 hours.

I eat about 3 times a day.

Do you suggest combining regular meditation too?

Empty Mind and Breathing?

Hey Leon,

There are lots of detox programs out there on the internet, you can buy kits from places like Blessed Herbs or the Pure Body Institute. William Bodri recommends the Pure Body institute one, there is info on his website about detoxing: meditationexpert.com. They contain herbs like dandelion for the liver (which makes your gall bladder release bile, flushing the liver) or nettles for the kidneys, plus the inevitable psylium husk to scour out the colon.

I havent tried all of those programs, but I have taken some cleansing supplements, and fasted as well. i did the "master cleanser" which was pretty brutal I have to say. He tells you to do salt water flushes, which is (i think) crazy. But fasting did do something good for me i think. Taoist fasting practices include Bigo, but i dont know much about it.

Other choices include a raw food diet, and there are these liver cleanse diets out there that have you avoid all processed foods. some have claimed to have beaten off cancer with this. You could also look at the book Healing With Whole Foods which is often in the local library. It gives a TCM based diet perspective. The authors of this book say a raw food diet is too cold or yin, but I have known people who have used it to beat cancer so you have to make you own choice i guess.

Taking a herbal cleansing program with an at least partially raw diet that contains minimal processed foods and some fresh pressed veggie juice is what I would recommend. I am looking into doing that pretty soon.

Detoxing can make you feel pretty weird and spaced out, so be careful driving! I have heard from people who have done lots of exercise while fasting, and I have done it too. It's tough, and you feel pretty bad sometimes, but if you keep going it works itself out.

The research on intermittent fasting strongly indicates that short fasts (18 - 36 hours) is extremely good for you.

Brad Pilon is a nutritionist who has gathered the research on on the subject in his ebook "EatStopEat"

He markets his book as a weight loss plan, but is a good overview of the current research on the benefits of short fasts.

Respectfully,

Kris

The research on intermittent fasting strongly indicates that short fasts (18 - 36 hours) is extremely good for you.

Brad Pilon is a nutritionist who has gathered the research on on the subject in his ebook "EatStopEat"

He markets his book as a weight loss plan, but is a good overview of the current research on the benefits of short fasts.

Respectfully,

Kris

That was really helpful!

I'm going to see if I can purchase that Ebook.

Thanks again.

What research exactly?

I'm willing to be shown I'm wrong.

What is a good detox plan for a person who wants to clean his whole system all together.

Agree with most of the posts here. Just avoid this false idea that "detox" is something one does at particular intervals by making use of (largely useless) "health" products for detox. So of thos supplements with Thistle and Dandelion root extract can actually make things worse, through cooling the liver down too much.

Your body can do the detoxing quite adequately by itself if you give it an opportunity: fresh food, plenty of water, proper rest and sleeping patterns and moderate exercise. Any "detox" should be part of your everyday life. If you really want to do your body good, then I suggest having one day (preferably when you are not working or stressed) where you just don't eat anything and drink plenty of fluids (preferably water).

Our bodies are not made for the quantity of foods we eat daily and weekly and hence all the problems. It wouldn't surprise me if we modern westerners eat more food in one week than out ancestors did in a month. And with refrigeration and preservatives, and the loss of religious observances like fasting, we don't really ever give our digestive and eliminative systems time to relax and completely do their functions.

Not that I suggest we go back to the ancestral diet, but it does make you wonder (like most things in life) if we've lost focus on the fact that it is quality not quantity that really matters.

What is a good detox plan for a person who wants to clean his whole system all together.

Start by cleaning the liver/gallbladder, the general of all the internal organs.

The Classic of Sagely Benefits states: The seasonal cycle of transformation begins with the wood phase. In the body, therefore, the process of germinating and nurturing the twelve channel systems is initiated by the liver.

While the heart is the king or supreme commander over all body-mind functions, the Chinese describe the liver as the general or long-range planner. :)

Check my site for liver cleansing info.

In addition: any meditation system and internal energetic practice will slowly detoxify you. The process is slow and often painful, especially if you are born in a fire year (ending 5 & 6).

Drink green tea to nourish your liver (assists the liver in breaking down fats) and to:

1. Relieve indigestion and smooth bowel movements.

2. Relieve headaches, dizziness, heat stroke and sleepiness.

3. Clear toxic heat evils by promoting bowel movements and urination.

4. Promote body fluid production

5. Quench the thirst

6. Clear heat and phlegm

7. Promote digestion and urination.

Read the file I have uploaded about liver facts from a TCM and Western Science perspective:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t2ozynnyjaj

Edited by durkhrod chogori

What research exactly?

I'm willing to be shown I'm wrong.

Fasting is good for you. Try one and come back and post again.

References:

Durkhrod Chogori's personal experience. University of Buddha. ;)

Edited by durkhrod chogori

The book Fasting and Eating for Health: A Medical Doctor's Program for Conquering Disease by Joel Fuhrman MD contains a lot of references to scientific studies on fasting. In his clinical practice he has helped many people with a wide range of problems recover through in-patient therapeutic water fasting. That being said, I would not recommend water fasting for very long unless you are under medical supervision. On the other hand, vegetable juice fasting is not as hardcore, and a person in normal health should be able to do several days on their own without too many problems. There are several books about how to do juice fasting. Some people also swear by The Master Cleanser (lemon juice, cayenne and grade B maple syrup in water) but I didn't like it personally. I've done 7-day vegetable juice fasts on 3 occasions, and I'm planning to begin another one a week from tomorrow.