Sign in to follow this  
jinjujitsu

Meditation Mastery

Is anyone using/has used Meditation Mastery?

This is different from Glenn Morris' stuff and is taught by Hieu Doan. It basically involves a CD with three tracks, one of which is a guided meditation. The technique is pretty simple, paying attention to the navel chakra. It does seem a bit expensive, here is a quote from their website:

P.S. Remember that you are receiving $2150 worth of materials for the introductory price of only $147.

Why pay for something as simple? Some feel the CDs have some kind of attunement, others disagree. Some like the email support that comes with the product. There is a lot of discussion on this on Xtrememind forum.

I found this rather interesting comparison of this zazen-like method with typical Buddhist meditation from a member who is experienced in both:

I've done four 10 day Goenka Vipassana courses and a few zazen retreats too. Some of the principles are similar to MM because they're universal laws but my experiences between the two have been completely different. YMMV.

I don't consider myself an expert but from what I see the tools are used differently. I found vipassana almost completely passive while MM for me is active/passive at the same time. In MM mindfulness is a stepping stone, in Vipassana it's almost their whole thing. MM uses a type of intelligent energy which I didn't get from Vipassana or zazen. End of the day though it's about what you're after. MM tunes me into higher self consciousness which I never got from vipassana or zen.

when I was at your stage I observed all the different elements at the same time. It's meant to stretch out your mind in different directions. IMO objective observation is still imagination although in Vipassana they might argue that its not. Vipassana basically has a narrow focus, MM is expansive as in it stretches out your mind in different directions at the same time.

Anyone here has used this product? Apart from support, what is so good about it? Even without the CD, would not simply paying attention to the navel with dedication give results? Please share your inputs on this product.

Edited by jinjujitsu

I found vipassana almost completely passive

Attend a 3 week beginners retreat at any of the Thai wats in northern Thailand and let us know. I have seen experienced meditators walking out after just 4 days of practice. They couldn't handle the intensity of Buddha's Vipassana system. Goenka is a watered down and aberration of the original system.

MM uses a type of intelligent energy which I didn't get from Vipassana or zazen

This reminds me of the typical commercial: our product is better than what the competitor's have to offer because...

MM tunes me into higher self consciousness which I never got from vipassana or zen.

I stopped reading there.

Buddha's Vipassana = prostration + walk + sit + prostration + walk + sit...for 3 weeks and keeping your mouth shut. Last 3 days you are expected to do that without any interruptions, no sleep.

Let me tell you that walking for 12 hours a day x 3 is not something I would call passive, lol. :)

Edited: typo.

Edited by durkhrod chogori
  • Like 1

This has that "too good to be true" smell about it: money-back "guaranteed" results substituting passive use of external devices (questionable technology) for real inner work. "Instant Karma," as John Lennon said. The testimonials read to me like they were all written by the same person, and some Google searching turns up what looks like forum spam: fake unsolicited endorsements from satisfied users.

A lot of the most veteran multilevel marketing sharks in the U.S. (Hieu Doan seems to be based in Australia) have switched in the past few years to pushing New Age-type DVDs as the "product" that allows them to get around the laws against pyramid schemes. Before that it was investment "education," which lost much of its allure when the economy tanked.

This is all just my personal opinion, of course, and I could be completely mistaken. If so, I would welcome constructive correction. But for me, the bottom line (if you'll pardon the expression) is that real masters serve wisdom, they don't sell it.

I have heard some very good things about Hieu Doan. Anyone has actual experience with this program or attending a retreat with Hieu? I am told the audio program comes with an etheric attunement, I don't understand what that means though :lol:

I have only heard good things about the Guild from those that practised.

Edited by thursday

Sign in to follow this