That Guy

A third eye technique, anyone tried this?

Haven't tried it, but Baolin Wu's Qi Gong for Total Wellness is extremely interesting. I recommend it.

Thanks Scotty, I just read a review on the book you mentioned, and from the description the reviewer gave it seemed kinda like spring forest qi gong to me. Either way, the reviewer had great things to say about it too :).

I'm probably gonna give this a go either way and see what happens :lol: And since I haven't bought a book on this stuff since Kosta Danaos last book and this one is extremely interesting, I'll probably make it next on my list to order from amazon. (unless Opening The Dragon Gate is somehow more important)

Where exactly is the 3rd eye? I have a sense that it is more towards the top of my forehead, like right where it starts curving back from the flat part. Similar to this description:

In theory, the third eye, also called the mind's eye, is situated right between the two eyes, and expands up to the middle of the forehead when opened.
And about where these ancient heads show:

ME0000079380_3.JPG

shiva_muse_guimet_22971.jpg08e0e2c6b2d0814bfbbab4c94aa836e4.jpg

180px-Shiva_Kosa_from_Champa.jpg909.jpg

Anyone else know exactly where theirs is??

I have heard it is the Pineal Gland

pineal.jpg

But I really dont know.

I've even heard that when you waken the 3rd eye the gland physically moves and faces forward (sorry cant remember where I heard this).

I just really dont know.

By the way, the thing about the technique in this video...how does someone "force open their third eye"? That would need to be explained for people to be able to practice this.

pineal.jpg

vortex: maybe the pineal gland is Tien and the intermediate mass is Mu. So if Xue should be on one line, just connect the other to and look where the line comes out :)

Edited by Kronos

A friend of mine told me through practice he believed he opened his third eye and ever since he did he's been able to flex it, describing it as a very odd sensation of somewhat unique/uniform shaped energy center. Anyone else have any experience with this?

In kunlun the is an exercise to "force-open" the third eye. Maybe one of the kunlun0rz made a similar experience.

I just can feel the point (tingeling sensation) and see the ling if I place it in front of it... nothing else :(

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

I remeber the Qi Magazine, which you can now download for free, featured an article about Dr. Baolin Wu, his early life and some interesting stories about his masters at the White Cloud Temple. Anyone who read the book might like the article as it reveals a little bit more about the kind of training he had to go through, of course this training also included the famous Yi Gong I hand position. For me the article was interesting because it is nice to have something that hints at the feats human beings are capable of if they are diligent and practice hard and consistently.

Here is the link: http://www.qimagazine.com/qimagazine00.html

the article in question is in issue 58 and 59

Chrisn

I remeber the Qi Magazine, which you can now download for free, featured an article about Dr. Baolin Wu, his early life and some interesting stories about his masters at the White Cloud Temple. Anyone who read the book might like the article as it reveals a little bit more about the kind of training he had to go through, of course this training also included the famous Yi Gong I hand position. For me the article was interesting because it is nice to have something that hints at the feats human beings are capable of if they are diligent and practice hard and consistently.

Here is the link: http://www.qimagazine.com/qimagazine00.html

the article in question is in issue 58 and 59

Chrisn

hey thanks alot =D

By the way, the thing about the technique in this video...how does someone "force open their third eye"? That would need to be explained for people to be able to practice this.

Yeah I thought of that, but I'm making the assumption that staring at the white square somehow stimulates the 3rd eye. And perhaps when you close your eyes but keep "staring" at the paper, your 3rd eye slowly starts jumping into action. I'm just gonna experiment and see if any results show themselves really. I just hope staring into white space doesnt drive me nuts :wacko::lol:

I think you will find that the third eye is ajna chakra.

My instructor explained to me when you meditate on the dan tian at the same time you will activate anahata chakra and ajna at the same time.

When I meditate on the dan tian I feel pressure in both those chakra's.

sabretooth.

I did a similar experiment a couple of years ago. I wanted to have my own dark chamber so I bought very dark window shades that does not allow to pass the sunlight. I did with a cigarette a small round hole in the drapes just at the level of my eyes when standing in front of the window. So after wake up in the morning I stood in zhan zhuang in the darkness staring at the little lighted hole for one hour (between 8 and 9 a.m.) After that I was so tired that I had to go to sleep again and I had a short nap of about 30 min. During that nap I had a very interesting experience, firstly I had a sleep paralisys then I experienced a "third eye opening". I was totally awake and in the same time I knew I am paralized and no muscle I could control, including my eyelids. Then I saw an "opening" in my visual field which lasted very shortly maybe 3 seconds, while all my sensory inputs were tenfold like the noise hearing was very amplified, then I lost my consciousness and felt asleep. So I believe the third eye opening requires very big amounts of psychic energy stored "shen" and requires a very strenuous training. My good friend opened his third eye after seven years of one hour meditation every night at midnight, but I firmly believe he had some born talent maybe inherited from a previous life.

Edited by steam

Yeah I thought of that, but I'm making the assumption that staring at the white square somehow stimulates the 3rd eye. And perhaps when you close your eyes but keep "staring" at the paper, your 3rd eye slowly starts jumping into action. I'm just gonna experiment and see if any results show themselves really. I just hope staring into white space doesnt drive me nuts :wacko::lol:

Well qi follows yi, and if you focus enough intent on a certain location, energy is going to flow their.

If you are focusing properly on the third eye, then you will direct more energy there than would naturally be there, "forcing" it open.... though I assume the amount of "force" depends on the type of practice you are doing and the amount of energy you are working with.

But the way he uses the phrase in the video sort of assumes that you can already do it.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I did a similar experiment a couple of years ago. I wanted to have my own dark chamber so I bought very dark window shades that does not allow to pass the sunlight. I did with a cigarette a small round hole in the drapes just at the level of my eyes when standing in front of the window. So after wake up in the morning I stood in zhan zhuang in the darkness staring at the little lighted hole for one hour (between 8 and 9 a.m.) After that I was so tired that I had to go to sleep again and I had a short nap of about 30 min. During that nap I had a very interesting experience, firstly I had a sleep paralisys then I experienced a "third eye opening". I was totally awake and in the same time I knew I am paralized and no muscle I could control, including my eyelids. Then I saw an "opening" in my visual field which lasted very shortly maybe 3 seconds, while all my sensory inputs were tenfold like the noise hearing was very amplified, then I lost my consciousness and felt asleep. So I believe the third eye opening requires very big amounts of psychic energy stored "shen" and requires a very strenuous training. My good friend opened his third eye after seven years of one hour meditation every night at midnight, but I firmly believe he had some born talent maybe inherited from a previous life.

Hey thanks alot bud ^_^

Well qi follows yi, and if you focus enough intent on a certain location, energy is going to flow their.

If you are focusing properly on the third eye, then you will direct more energy there than would naturally be there, "forcing" it open.... though I assume the amount of "force" depends on the type of practice you are doing and the amount of energy you are working with.

But the way he uses the phrase in the video sort of assumes that you can already do it.

Thanks for the info Sloppy Zhang :)

The thing is...you can! But you don't know how. I don't think the instruction in the video is enough to learn how. It's more of a way to train the skill once you do know. It could be easy to do the wrong thing, which would make the whole exercise a waste of time.

Here's an interesting book written by Samuel Sagan, MD., a French physician educated at the Sorbonne. It's been through two editions and is now offered as a free download. I did a third eye workshop with him and I must say I was impressed with him and his methods. He uses a certain specific type of 'throat friction breathing', and stresses "no imagination, no visualization, only awareness. "Did my third eye open? No, but I think he clearly provides the tools to do so. Right afterward I was swept up in several life events and lost the thread of the practice. Take a look, I think it's a really clear manual on third eye practice, and the meditation is really powerful. If one keeps at it, I think it will assuredly open. His "Meditation: Portal to Inner Worlds" is available for a charge, I also highly recommend it. Couldn't relate to his fictional writings or music, though.

Link to 'Opening the Third Eye' by Samuel Sagan M.D.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

The thing is...you can! But you don't know how. I don't think the instruction in the video is enough to learn how. It's more of a way to train the skill once you do know. It could be easy to do the wrong thing, which would make the whole exercise a waste of time.

Yeah, I agree.

I think it might be possible that the frontal cortex receives these vibrations (and so the third eye is actually on your forehead).

It is not in the frontal cortex, that is an illusion of our mind/brain. Everything you see in the face front of your eyes is a projection on the visual cortex which is located at the back of the head.

visual_cortex.jpg

Actually that techique with a piece of white cloth creates the space - the screen in your mind to receive the movie projected from outside or inside.

Edited by steam