brandondaemon

six healing sounds

ive been practicing this for the past 2 weeks and literally feel like a new person.

i feel like layers of emotional sludge have been moved out.

do you practice or have you?

please share your experience!

ive been practicing this for the past 2 weeks and literally feel like a new person.

i feel like layers of emotional sludge have been moved out.

do you practice or have you?

please share your experience!

They are very very good. They're usually one of the first qigong practices people are introduced to, and sadly (myself included) quick leave them to find new and exciting and exotic practices. And then (me included as well) you return to them and realise how powerful they really are despite their simplicity.

There's a wonderful review of the different healing sounds at

http://baharna.com/chant/six_healing.htm

Has anyone tried/compared the different versions? Any preferences? I find Hua Ching Ni's versions to be the most effective of the lot. Which is kind of ironic since he says they should not be vocalised.

In Xhineng qigong, they have three different sounds for each organ -- one for jing, qi and shen. I'll try to find my notes for these and post them up. I've seen similar ones in Jerry A Johnson's book for sounds for cancer treatment.

I do note that teachers always stress the importance of ensuring that you do them all in one sitting, and not to focus on one organ (unless you've been prescribed treatment by qigong healer) because they are very stimulating and so can quickly unbalance things if you're not too careful.

They are very very good. They're usually one of the first qigong practices people are introduced to, and sadly (myself included) quick leave them to find new and exciting and exotic practices. And then (me included as well) you return to them and realise how powerful they really are despite their simplicity.

There's a wonderful review of the different healing sounds at

http://baharna.com/chant/six_healing.htm

Has anyone tried/compared the different versions? Any preferences? I find Hua Ching Ni's versions to be the most effective of the lot. Which is kind of ironic since he says they should not be vocalised.

In Xhineng qigong, they have three different sounds for each organ -- one for jing, qi and shen. I'll try to find my notes for these and post them up. I've seen similar ones in Jerry A Johnson's book for sounds for cancer treatment.

I do note that teachers always stress the importance of ensuring that you do them all in one sitting, and not to focus on one organ (unless you've been prescribed treatment by qigong healer) because they are very stimulating and so can quickly unbalance things if you're not too careful.

please post the three sounds per organ, that sounds like something i would like to practice as well.

i too was initially turned off by the simplicity of the practice...until i really did it and then experienced the power myself.

now i practice morning and evening.

please post the three sounds per organ, that sounds like something i would like to practice as well.

i too was initially turned off by the simplicity of the practice...until i really did it and then experienced the power myself.

now i practice morning and evening.

Wasn't as hard as I thought to find my notes. I should note the zhineng sounds are done in conjunction with a qigong movement sequence that makes up Level 3 of that qigong system. The sounds are listed in the order they are activated; and the sequence is jing - qi - shen (and the emotion to feel when doing them):

Heart: xing - xin - xiang (joy)

Kidney: ei - yu -ying (fear) (the "ei" is quite percussive, sort of like a cough; but I've seen other Zhineng teachers who intone it softer)

Spleen: gang - fu - zhong (pensive)

Liver: tu-ju-ling (anger)

Lung: sang-si-song (sadness) (the "si" can be done sort of like an sharp inhale through the nose, but I prefer the snake like hissing)

There is not triple burner sound. You can make these sounds orally (beginner level); mentally (medium level) or silently (high level). My teacher told me that it takes many years practice to get past the oral level, because your concentration and senstivity levels need to be sufficient that you can sense the organs in other ways than just physically.

• Like 1