markern

Which acupoints is this

Well, the description of pt location in that blog is vague. When people say "hips" sometimes they mean the illiac crest, sometimes they mean the hip joints (where the femurs attach to the pelvis).

Given that the key description here is "sides of the buttocks", the only acupoints I see that match are GB-30 HuanTiao (though it's more at 9&3 than 10&2). GB-30 is in the center of the concave space on the sides of the buttocks. There's a "well" there. You're massaging the posterior portion of the hip joint.

Still, even that doesn't really match with his description - and I don't see any acupoint that really does.

GB-29 is on the anterior portion of that joint, but it's harder to get to.

The GB channel is integral with the girdling vessel and both are an interesting study re: the lower jiao.

I can't recommend A Manual of Acupuncture enough. Either hardback or digital. Indespensable reference, co$ts but a solid investment.

- Trunk

p.s.

btw, there is not any single acupoint that "does it" (regardless of what you define "it" to be). The channels are all interwoven, integral. In fact all of the channels pass through all three jiaos. ... but the Liver and GallBladder channels are not bad places to start. :)

Well, the description of pt location in that blog is vague. When people say "hips" sometimes they mean the illiac crest, sometimes they mean the hip joints (where the femurs attach to the pelvis).

Given that the key description here is "sides of the buttocks", the only acupoints I see that match are GB-30 HuanTiao (though it's more at 9&3 than 10&2). GB-30 is in the center of the concave space on the sides of the buttocks. There's a "well" there. You're massaging the posterior portion of the hip joint.

Still, even that doesn't really match with his description - and I don't see any acupoint that really does.

GB-29 is on the anterior portion of that joint, but it's harder to get to.

The GB channel is integral with the girdling vessel and both are an interesting study re: the lower jiao.

I can't recommend A Manual of Acupuncture enough. Either hardback or digital. Indespensable reference, co$ts but a solid investment.

- Trunk

p.s.

btw, there is not any single acupoint that "does it" (regardless of what you define "it" to be). The channels are all interwoven, integral. In fact all of the channels pass through all three jiaos. ... but the Liver and GallBladder channels are not bad places to start. :)

Thanks Trunk and the others! I think the way to pinpoint the exact point would be that it is one that stimulates the clitoris. So if any girl would like to voluntair for science or any of the guys here with a girlfrirend want to try to find a new way of getting in the mood it seems that the only way to figure this out is to have the suspected locations stimulated on a girl or two to see what gives a response.

..the way to pinpoint the exact point would be ...
There's not just one point. There's several channels involved that go through the genitals. And much experimentation can be done by working on your own channels, regardless of which gender you are.

I think is not an accupuncture meridian point, it is a very good massage point, with the location just above GB30 , lower than GB25 and lower than the iliac crest

http://www.acuxo.com...=Gall%20Bladder

Actually if you learn salsa or tango, the right hand will always be on the spot during dancing (between ming men, GB 25 and the massage spot)

abd if you learn thai yoga massage there it is:

Edited by steam