skywalker

dantien qigong

One of the most basic and advanced qigong...............

for both internal alchemy and martial ability (internal power)is the

dantien qigong...............how to cultivate the lower dan.........

ok....lets illuminate the dark sides of this trainning.......

Our lower dantien is the battery of our system....

in fact the development of dantien is the development of the internal and rooting power

and the centering of the body and the mind....

we need to combine 3 things for that:

<<dantien conditioning>>: you learn how to increase the capacity of your dantien(you increase the volume of your battery)

this can be done through external stimulation(massage, slaping, pounding, beating, striking)

with that way you stimulate the fascia from outside to inside.....

this way is the basic of the external iron shirt trainning method...

...see the book "QIGONG THE SECRET OF YOUTH" from Yang Jwing Ming

Through special dantien breathing(condensing breathing , packet breathing,)

with mainly 4 different combination of the duration of inhalation and exhalation

with that way the stimulation is from inside to outside.....

this way is the basic of the internal iron shirt trainning method...

the body is like a fully inflated beach ball so if someone punches you he will bounce back:)

.....see the books..."TAN TIEN CHI KUNG" and "IRON SHIRT CHI KUNG I" of Mantak Chia,,,

"POWER BREATHING" of Sang H. Kim

"SHAOLIN DAN TIAN QIGONG" of Dr. Kevin D. Hufford

and from national chi kung institute " CHI KUNG " of tien tao chi kung

<<charging dantien>>: in this phase you learn how to charge your battery...mainly by meditation

see books "EMBRYONIC BREATHING" and "small circulation" of Yang Jwing Ming......

also the previous books contains info about this level of training

(if fact my massaging etc you also charge you dan tien....)

<<storing into the real dantien>>: in this level you store energy that cannot be leaked into the du and ren meridians

for further development.........

see books ... "EMBRYONIC BREATHING" of Yang Jwing Ming

and "THE FUSION OF 5 ELEMENTS" of Mantak Chia.........

for further reading i recomment the above(my favourite):

"NEI GONG" of Damo Mitchel

"QIGONG EMPOWERMENT" of Shou-Yu Liang

"Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy" of Eric Steven Yudelove

"TAI CHI classics" of Way Sun Liao

"THE DAO OF TAIJIQUAN" of Jou, Tsung Hwa

PLEASE I will appreciate anyone has something to share in this matter...bibliography, techniques etc......

thanks.........

Panos

One of the most basic and advanced qigong...............

for both internal alchemy and martial ability (internal power)is the

dantien qigong...............how to cultivate the lower dan.........

PLEASE I will appreciate anyone has something to share in this matter...bibliography, techniques etc......

thanks.........

Panos

Chi Nei Tsang works the LDT. Very yin approach, more about cultivating and transforming rather than strengthening. Gets to the primordial structure of the LDT.

• Like 1

"POWER BREATHING" of Sang H. Kim

This book looks interesting. Have you or someone else read it?

This book looks interesting. Have you or someone else read it?

yes i do....i have also his dvd......

if you are experienced with Mantak Chia's packet breathing is not very difficult to understand and train

the power breathing......power breathing is more strenius but both have the same principles:)

yes i do....i have also his dvd......

if you are experienced with Mantak Chia's packet breathing is not very difficult to understand and train

the power breathing......power breathing is more strenius but both have the same principles:)

So you think that one should first know Chia's packing breathing?

So you think that one should first know Chia's packing breathing?

i believe that the book "tan tien chi kung" of Mantak Chia is the most basic....

also the same for the tien tao institute qigong program for iron body training...

in fact in both chia's book, institute program, power breathing book of the corean master

have one principle: you learn to compress, to packet, to condense, the energy in every point of your body using body(diaphragm control) and mind intension :)

Guest sykkelpump

i believe that the book "tan tien chi kung" of Mantak Chia is the most basic....

also the same for the tien tao institute qigong program for iron body training...

in fact in both chia's book, institute program, power breathing book of the corean master

have one principle: you learn to compress, to packet, to condense, the energy in every point of your body using body(diaphragm control) and mind intension :)

chia has a lots of books but nobody I know of has been able to learn much from him.I looked at the breath packing video he have.And it looked strange,not close to how I learned it.

have you learned and master breath packing from chia,if you have how does it feel and what effect does it have on you?

chia has a lots of books but nobody I know of has been able to learn much from him.I looked at the breath packing video he have.And it looked strange,not close to how I learned it.

have you learned and master breath packing from chia,if you have how does it feel and what effect does it have on you?

look....i learn the iron body training from a student of Mantak chia.....maybe the oldest....but also i learn iron body from 3 different lineage under different teachers....and after a very diligent studying almost every book in this matter.....

as i said before the principles and cannons are the same....... i do 16 years martial arts training and only the last 3 years revealed to me the "secrets" of internal power...almost all the teachers even they know or they don't..the wont share the real secrets with the student because they want money......so they teach moves....a serial of moves....they sell fishes to the student but not how to fish your own because after that you will be implementable :)

• Like 1

Guest sykkelpump

look....i learn the iron body training from a student of Mantak chia.....maybe the oldest....but also i learn iron body from 3 different lineage under different teachers....and after a very diligent studying almost every book in this matter.....

as i said before the principles and cannons are the same....... i do 16 years martial arts training and only the last 3 years revealed to me the "secrets" of internal power...almost all the teachers even they know or they don't..the wont share the real secrets with the student because they want money......so they teach moves....a serial of moves....they sell fishes to the student but not how to fish your own because after that you will be implementable :)

ok,I understand.but how does it feel and what effect does it have on you?

ok,I understand.but how does it feel and what effect does it have on you?

From my experience if you don't balance this training with siting meditation, taichi

and pure mind(the last for me is very difficult because i like the women and general the night life, but i don't drink and i don't smoke...never :) ).....you became a little nervous, very energized, you became angry easy and you have very strong sexual desire :D......general you became too much yang....

these are the effects of this training to me.......on the other side my microcosmic orbit meditation become stronger and stronger....and i can easily stand a strike with a hammer to my stomach(even to my diaphragm)......iam doing this training almost 2 years.....i dont know in ten years if i continue what will happen to my body

After 7 years i have a lot to correct about my previews writtings and especialy about the real yijin jing the muscle tendon changing :)

• Like 2

Well hopefully we've all leaned something in the past 7 years lol :-). I'll be very happy to hear what you learned since then about this topic.

• Like 1

I tried Mantak Chia's Dantian Qigong and didn't really like the results. On the positive side it gave me qi pressure in a large area of the lower belly and resulted in a feeling of more light energy, but I didn't feel it was targeting the actual dantian enough and the energy wasn't solid or powerful enough (jing like) for my preferences.

I've had pretty good results with Gary Clyman's layered condensing technique which gave me the more powerful jing feeling that I was looking for. You basically inhale qi into the dantian and while you inhale, you condense/shrink it into a very small point. On the next inhale you layer the qi around the point and at the same time condense it all down further into a small point again... basically like the layers of an onion, getting more and more condensed into the center on each inhale.

• Like 1

dont get stuck in this method....in fact every tiny part of your body must be regarded as the dantien.....with special method you can change your body so it can be very soft and very hart at the same time.....every time that you unlock some part of your body(in some level) you gonna experience a breakthrou in everything else in your trainning.............change your body so a new secret will reveled...as the condensing proccess, the real deal is to condense the chi into the bone marrow....this can be done (believe me this is a feelling and cannot be taugth... only the way to change your body and the right intention can be)

as example in proper taiji forms every time that you close you condense ,you contract and every time that you open you expand and if you want you can  reliese the energy as you like with fa jin or without.......The truth if that none of the taichi teachers that you can see in internet are real experts......why??? because they dont know or (they are lazy) for proper trainning and this is very time consuming!!!!........be good and dont stop searching

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skywalker said:

.as the condensing proccess, the real deal is to condense the chi into the bone marrow....

I've also done Gary Clyman's main condensing breathing exercise quite a bit where you condense into the center line of the head, torso, arms and legs but not necessarily the bone marrow itself. Apparently the results are quite similar to condensing into the marrow. I've had powerful effects from this.

I've tried condensing into the actual marrow of my legs before and it was great, the qi seems better at staying inside on the exhale. I'd love to do this for my whole body but honestly I'm a bit weary of condensing qi into my spine.

• Like 1