Sign in to follow this  
John Zen

Samael Aun Weor

Are any Bums familiar with Samael Aun Weor and his writings? He is a Western Gnostic who seems to have synthesized (or attempted to do so) many of the world's great religions. Those that are familiar wit him, how credible do you say he is?

Are any Bums familiar with Samael Aun Weor and his writings? He is a Western Gnostic who seems to have synthesized (or attempted to do so) many of the world's great religions. Those that are familiar wit him, how credible do you say he is?

I practiced his stuff a while back and I definitely felt a tangible change inside, take that for what you deem it is worth. However, the following is very much cult like, and you'll find any kind of disagreement with him or any specific teaching to face instant deletion/removal from the board.

Good luck.

The following is VERY cultish.

I also think Samael was a psycho, to be honest. He claimed that ejaculation for ANY reason was a horrible sin which would cause a negative astral kundalini tail to grow out your backside, and that one sperm leaving during non-ejaculatory intercourse would be sufficient to keep the human race alive if it was destined. He also believed that homosexuals would burn in hell, and that people only had a limited number of incarnations to attain enlightenment (with most failing).

He was a textbook example of someone who took their assumptions and subjective psychic immpressions as gospel truth. I suppose some of the practices he mixed together have some value, but stay FAR away from his doctrinal views, lol.

Edited by Enishi

I've been studying some of his writings for several years now (books are currently at a relative's).

Just extract the practical info for long term experimental purposes and leave the rest.

Some of his current "students" have written some things in their essays that contradict the books I've read, like the world ending in 2044 (or somewhere around that time)(essay on the Klipoth)-he stated that the exact time of the end couldn't be predicted in the astral dimension('Aquarian Message'). Then there are the accusations/rumors of others using psychedelics in the name of his teachings- which again completely contradicts his writings(In 'The Three Mountains' he states that drug use was the antithesis of meditation and that there use would awaken the so-called Kundabuffer organ in the astral body-the above mentioned tail).

The entire doctrine seems to be based primarily on the practices of non-climatic sexual yoga and meditation for the annihilation of the ego, the awakening of the Kundalini, and the creation of the solar astral, mental and causal bodies; somewhat similar to some Taoist teachings.

I believe that most of people (and of course all of his followers) took from granted the fact that he plagarised all kind of esoteric books. Moreover, he was a misogynist, racist and homophobic person.

I just do not know how can people justify his crazy ideas about women, sexual relationships, karma, hell and so on...

More info here: www.lagnosisdevelada.com/foro

Regards.

Edited by elcaminante

Sign in to follow this