Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Study materials

I was recently enrolled in a degree program through Prescott College in Arizona that allows one to work with mentors or "experiential" credits and design their own program.

Right now I am taking a course called the CIA course (critical issues and applications) where I pick like 3 books and 5 articles that I will be writing about, setting the tone for my further studies.

So, I am asking if anyone has any good, perhaps general articles they might recommend, science-based is good. Any books stand out?

To give you an idea of what I was thinking, I was considering working with the following books/stuff:

nyt article on second brain

the 2 "planet medicine" books by grossinger

book astrotheology and shamanism

maybe Michael Frost's book Choosing life

something on the indigo children perhaps

Awaken healing light

4 dimensional art of life

a yoga book/maybe the one i just got on on egyptian yoga

thanks!

I was recently enrolled in a degree program through Prescott College in Arizona that allows one to work with mentors or "experiential" credits and design their own program.

Right now I am taking a course called the CIA course (critical issues and applications) where I pick like 3 books and 5 articles that I will be writing about, setting the tone for my further studies.

So, I am asking if anyone has any good, perhaps general articles they might recommend, science-based is good. Any books stand out?

To give you an idea of what I was thinking, I was considering working with the following books/stuff:

nyt article on second brain

the 2 "planet medicine" books by grossinger

book astrotheology and shamanism

maybe Michael Frost's book Choosing life

something on the indigo children perhaps

Awaken healing light

4 dimensional art of life

a yoga book/maybe the one i just got on on egyptian yoga

thanks!

how about "the tao of physics" by fritjof capra?

this book was my first reading on my journey into the science of spirituality.

Freeform, I dont know about this LSD author's stuff, although it seems they have some wisdom. It seems like i'd be opening a door to a new paradigm. I am not sure if that door is best opened. What do these books really offer? How grounded are they? It seems to me like people who take lsd are not connected so much t the earth. I do like this 8 circuit model of leary's...

messed up how people can make 10 years progress in one session of pschotherapy w/ ecstacy...research is illegal...

Some areas of study that I particularly like, and for some reason these turn out to be more on the western side of things.. esoteric psychology, transpersonal hypnotherapy and NLP, Anthroposophy, esoteric aspect of music, just for starters :). Some specific books:

1. If you like the idea that "who we think we are is our deepest trance state", then you'd like the new edition of Jack Elias' hypnotherapy textbook Finding True Magic. (I would highly recommend his training also, Finding True Magic.)

2. Esoteric Mind Power, by Vernon Howard

3. Anything by Rudolf Steiner

4. Blessed by Illness, by L.F.C. Mees (anthroposophical view of human evolution)

5. The Musical Life, by W.A. Mathieu

6. Anything by David Frawley on Ayurveda.

Hmmn, maybe Glenn Morris's first book, Pathnotes of a Ninja Grandmaster. Lots of interesting esoteric stuff and because he was a college professor he had students to 'experiment' on and with. A good example of a westerner interpreting Chia and other esoterics.

Michael

Sign in to follow this