Sign in to follow this  
FrankinAround

Who are the most motivated people in the world?

Hey everyone. I was watching some film that may or may not be a propoganda film, but it got me thinking about alot of stuff. Anyway, I want to do research on motivation. And I dont care about motivation threw need.

I was wondering if anyone can help me make a list of the most motivated people. Do you know anyone (most helpfull would be someoone famous or semi famous, but if the person is unknown its still fine) who is motivated into action?

I already thought of Bruce Lee.

Guest paul walter

Hey everyone. I was watching some film that may or may not be a propoganda film, but it got me thinking about alot of stuff. Anyway, I want to do research on motivation. And I dont care about motivation threw need.

I was wondering if anyone can help me make a list of the most motivated people. Do you know anyone (most helpfull would be someoone famous or semi famous, but if the person is unknown its still fine) who is motivated into action?

He died. Paul.

He died. Paul.

Nah hommie. God aint dead. I saw him selling shirts on forty deuce. 2 for one. [whoops, had a little too much kanye last night..]

Edited by Son Goku

Well, the Dalai Lama, or Mother Theresa, or Martin Luther King seem to be (have been) motivated. Or Benjamin Franklin could be an interesting one, he motivated himself regardless of any circumstances.

This is a pretty reflexive answer, but the people who are most motivated in the world are those with the greatest desire to see something accomplished. What desire this is, and for what reason they hold it, is different in every situation. Example, an Olympic athlete might be exceptionally motivated by the desire to win and prove their superiority (to satisfy themselves perhaps, perhaps to satisfy others). In a totally different situation a poet might write with burning impetus in order to create the most poetic of poetry. As usual there are many answers, because the question is more like many questions.

This is a pretty reflexive answer, but the people who are most motivated in the world are those with the greatest desire to see something accomplished. What desire this is, and for what reason they hold it, is different in every situation. Example, an Olympic athlete might be exceptionally motivated by the desire to win and prove their superiority (to satisfy themselves perhaps, perhaps to satisfy others). In a totally different situation a poet might write with burning impetus in order to create the most poetic of poetry. As usual there are many answers, because the question is more like many questions.

I don't think that a poet writes a poem for the sake of breaking a record... :)

Although motivated people in different areas of life can all be considered great, greatness means different things for all of them. The one who tries to prove his own superiority is not as great as the one who feeds a country. Sustainable development means that the thing what a generation does for its development must not obstruct the next generation from its development. In the realm of spirituality, sustainable development can mean something what can be done by anyone and everyone so that it still makes civilization to develop.

Now, if you take the person who achieves something great for his own sake, or to prove his superiority, then you can understand that it's something what is not part of sustainable development. If everyone would strive for that goal, no one would reach it. If everyone would strive to be the best in something, no one would reach his/her goal. If everyone would strive to own something, there would be lack, and lack would lead to revolution or war. That is not sustainable development.

You can see that the only sustainable thing is that which you share. Sharing is the only thing what can be continued even if everyone is doing it. So greatness begins with sharing something, with giving something, with dedicating your life to others. But greatness is not the premise of being motivated, neither does motivation have to lead to greatness in a noble way :)

I don't think that a poet writes a poem for the sake of breaking a record... :)

Although motivated people in different areas of life can all be considered great, greatness means different things for all of them. The one who tries to prove his own superiority is not as great as the one who feeds a country. Sustainable development means that the thing what a generation does for its development must not obstruct the next generation from its development. In the realm of spirituality, sustainable development can mean something what can be done by anyone and everyone so that it still makes civilization to develop.

Now, if you take the person who achieves something great for his own sake, or to prove his superiority, then you can understand that it's something what is not part of sustainable development. If everyone would strive for that goal, no one would reach it. If everyone would strive to be the best in something, no one would reach his/her goal. If everyone would strive to own something, there would be lack, and lack would lead to revolution or war. That is not sustainable development.

You can see that the only sustainable thing is that which you share. Sharing is the only thing what can be continued even if everyone is doing it. So greatness begins with sharing something, with giving something, with dedicating your life to others. But greatness is not the premise of being motivated, neither does motivation have to lead to greatness in a noble way :)

I didn't say that they did. My answer was also replying to the question "who are the most motivated people in the world," the original post had no questions concerning sustainable greatness or the other things you wrote in your response to me. That said though, I pretty much agree with you.

I didn't say that they did. My answer was also replying to the question "who are the most motivated people in the world," the original post had no questions concerning sustainable greatness or the other things you wrote in your response to me. That said though, I pretty much agree with you.

I didn't want to write two answers, so I wrote everything in response to your comment, sorry :)

The original post was asking our help to create a list of the most motivated people. My previous comment gives a help to create such a list.

Nah yo, I think it takes more motivation to win for yourself then for soemeone else. Think of something like.... Well for example theres some golf movie where will smith is the caddy and the dude doesnt wanna golf but the whole town is like omg your the best we love you so he feels obligated to win. That or if someones dieing you feel obligated to help him, maybe you love that person or your culture says its the right thing to do you know.

But when it comes to motivating yourself, you have to deal with lazyness. Like its easy to get up for work when you have to, but when you want to do some work for yourself its much much much much harder.

ANYWAY. I was thinking maybe some chemical in our food makes us lazy or something. Like people do all of these motivation books based on mental attitudes, but what if its simply diet? What if some diet gives you the energy and drive to do things more then another?

Like what if theres some chemical thats in all our processed food, but it can be used as an anti depressent and we just dont know it yet (or do but dont care because of profit). Or in the air maybe carbon dioxide from cars/ciggs make you unmotivated. So then I was thinking if you stop brushing your teeth youll stop getting some chemical and youll find working way easyer and you wont want to sleep or be lazy anymore. Or wear a gasmask outside to keep out the smoke. Then your so motivated your a super hero. I mean before the tv/car days people probably didnt sleep all the time when they were not working. They had to have actual hobbies right? If theres no tv what will the majority of society do? They will probably get hobbies.

ANYWAY. I was thinking maybe some chemical in our food makes us lazy or something. Like people do all of these motivation books based on mental attitudes, but what if its simply diet? What if some diet gives you the energy and drive to do things more then another?

Like what if theres some chemical thats in all our processed food, but it can be used as an anti depressent and we just dont know it yet (or do but dont care because of profit). Or in the air maybe carbon dioxide from cars/ciggs make you unmotivated. So then I was thinking if you stop brushing your teeth youll stop getting some chemical and youll find working way easyer and you wont want to sleep or be lazy anymore. Or wear a gasmask outside to keep out the smoke. Then your so motivated your a super hero. I mean before the tv/car days people probably didnt sleep all the time when they were not working. They had to have actual hobbies right? If theres no tv what will the majority of society do? They will probably get hobbies.

The diet you're talking about is called vitamins :)

The anti-depressant is called vitamin B and magnesium.

Oxygen helps you to be energized, smog takes away oxygen.

If you stop brushing your teeth then you will avoid an important chemical, but instead of making you motivated, it will make your teeth rotten :)

I feel like you're trying to become motivated without actually doing anything for it. Like you're trying to reach something big without working much... One of the laws of physics taught in the very earliest lessons in school is the energy persistence. Energy means the capability to work, or the capability to change. Energy persistence means that you cannot get out more energy from a system than you've actually put in. Everything contains a certain amount of energy, we can measure how much energy is in your work, and how much energy is in your paycheck :) In other words, you have to do something to get something. Besides that you actually reach something if you really do something, your mentality also changes - hard work, hard sports, and such (things you do with great effort) build character. The changes it will make in you will help you get motivated in the future

Many people, especially nowadays, strive to find easy solutions. We make everything safe, effortless, instant and persistent. Yet, we have more problems than ever. Looking for the easier way only makes things harder.

Besides that you actually reach something if you really do something, your mentality also changes - hard work, hard sports, and such (things you do with great effort) build character. The changes it will make in you will help you get motivated in the future

Many people, especially nowadays, strive to find easy solutions. We make everything safe, effortless, instant and persistent. Yet, we have more problems than ever. Looking for the easier way only makes things harder.

You have comically negated the very essence of Taoism.

I would argue that people are doing the opposite - they are trying to hard at everything they do. Schools, elders, coaches, and peers encourage us to try harder at everything. Yet, the harder we try, the harder things get.

If everyone was Wu Wei, everything would get done.

Guest paul walter

Dale Carnegie, Adolf Hitler, Anthony Robbins, Aleister Crowley, Henry Kissinger, Bill Gates, Zbigniew Brzinski, Madonna..what are they afraid of....?

Dale Carnegie, Adolf Hitler, Anthony Robbins, Aleister Crowley, Henry Kissinger, Bill Gates, Zbigniew Brzinski, Madonna..what are they afraid of....?

Possibly not fulfilling their dreams.

Edited by glooper23

Guest paul walter

Possibly not fulfilling their dreams.

well, obviously. Problem is they thought their fanasies of escape (fame, wealth, power/control, movement 'forward') would take away the lack--just feeds it. Motivation in the 'right' direction might be a more proper way at looking at the 'virtues' of motivation, if it can at ll be spoken of in that way (and I think it can't). Wu Wei all the way! Paul

I'd say Kissinger is doing pretty well for himself... who else can influence foreign policy for that many decades?

Also, yes, it is about positive or negative ambition. Wu wei is in the middle; when everything's already done.

Edited by Nanashi

You have comically negated the very essence of Taoism.

I would argue that people are doing the opposite - they are trying to hard at everything they do. Schools, elders, coaches, and peers encourage us to try harder at everything. Yet, the harder we try, the harder things get.

If everyone was Wu Wei, everything would get done.

In regard of the tao, the whole question of motivation is wrong. So what kind of answer do you expect to be given? :)

I wrote that people strive to make things easier for themselves - although expectation might be giving more effort.

If everyone was Wu Wei, nothing would get done. See, wu wei (as far as I can grasp it) is about letting the circumstances flow in their own bed, and letting ourselves go with the flow, without attaching to anything. However, civilization is based on changing circumstances, overcoming natural obstacles, giving effort into development, etc. Everything what has ever been achieved by civilized humanity was because of efforts put into it. Without that effort, following wu wei, civilization would vanish, and we just might live a joyful life though, but on a prehistoric level.

You can decide whether you want to be happy or successful. Average people try to balance between the two.

Tao might lead to enlightenment, and that is nice, but I don't see how humanity would survive if everyone would be a taoist.

I'd love to read opinions on this :)

Sign in to follow this