Sign in to follow this  
Son Goku

I've heard it said that sex is "powerful". Kindly help me understand.

I've heard from different people that they consider sex 'powerful stuff', not to be taken lightly. What does this mean on a practical level?

Of course there is the possibility of creating a new life. And I understand the idea that sexual energy is the driving force behind many functions of a human being.

But what are the secrets behind sexual union? What is happening inside the spinal column that connects humans brains to their reproductive organs and nervous systems?

On a topic I recently read here on taobums.com, it was about love and orgasmic sensation without intercourse, there were some excellent ideas discussed. However, my question is more about the hormones, sexual fluids, and energies exchanged. What is happening on a scientific/metaphysical level that is so profound about sex?

You gotta create electromagnetic fields. Then you experience that who you are is directly connected to the people around you -- individuality is gone. After that science can be studied for fun as a comparison but it's really the physiological transformation which reminds you that your ego is an illusion.

I've heard from different people that they consider sex 'powerful stuff', not to be taken lightly. What does this mean on a practical level?

Of course there is the possibility of creating a new life. And I understand the idea that sexual energy is the driving force behind many functions of a human being.

But what are the secrets behind sexual union? What is happening inside the spinal column that connects humans brains to their reproductive organs and nervous systems?

On a topic I recently read here on taobums.com, it was about love and orgasmic sensation without intercourse, there were some excellent ideas discussed. However, my question is more about the hormones, sexual fluids, and energies exchanged. What is happening on a scientific/metaphysical level that is so profound about sex?

You gotta create electromagnetic fields. Then you experience that who you are is directly connected to the people around you -- individuality is gone. After that science can be studied for fun as a comparison but it's really the physiological transformation which reminds you that your ego is an illusion.

Not really my question, but very well put Drew. Hey, can I pitch you an idea for a movie- Drew Hempel's Electromagnetic Field of Dreams- "If you build it, they will cum..

I strongly suspect I am not consciously or deliberately creating electromagnetic fields when I practice sexual intercourse. I'm usually too preoccupied to be doing anything so scientific sounding except as an incidental by-product. I can't help wondering at the same time, how an illusory ego can create anything, let alone an electromagnetic field which sounds pretty physical in the Newtonian sense.

BTW My daughter who's gonna study Physics at Imperial College, London, having turned down a place at Oxford, sent me this interesting talk à propos the topic:

Cheers!

Edited by Quillan Camper

Greetings..

The two merge as One, a higher being.. two portals of Life-force uniting in synchronous resonance.. contemplate on this.

Be well..

I strongly suspect I am not consciously or deliberately creating electromagnetic fields when I practice sexual intercourse.

hehe...does a tomato deliberately make 'red'? :D

Guest sykkelpump

sex is good because it helps you open the channels.as long as you are having loong and good sex.actually when you are meditating,mco or other qi gong movements and chi starts ti circulate in your channels it is similar to great sex

Greetings..

imagine exchange of karmic baggage..

That would require a belief in 'Karma', i have none.. and, based on the descriptions of peoples beliefs in that concept, that would be a 'dark imagining'..

"Sex" carries way too much socio-religious baggage already.. my personal understanding is that 'Union' is the merging of Body, Mind, and Spirit between partners.. the Yin and Yang principles merge into a more complete being, a 'portal' is opened IF the 'more complete being' is 'aware' of the energetic processes.. mostly, though, humans are entranced with the physicallity of the event, seldom aware of the sacred opportunity to see the Cosmos from a 'whole' perspective..

Be well..

Greetings..

That would require a belief in 'Karma', i have none.. and, based on the descriptions of peoples beliefs in that concept, that would be a 'dark imagining'..

"Sex" carries way too much socio-religious baggage already.. my personal understanding is that 'Union' is the merging of Body, Mind, and Spirit between partners.. the Yin and Yang principles merge into a more complete being, a 'portal' is opened IF the 'more complete being' is 'aware' of the energetic processes.. mostly, though, humans are entranced with the physicallity of the event, seldom aware of the sacred opportunity to see the Cosmos from a 'whole' perspective..

Be well..

Any ladies in the Orlando area, contact TzuJanLi for a renewed faith in the world.

Greetings..

Be well..

yes

and what exactly do you imagine karma to be? :)

Edited by rain

Greetings..

and what exactly do you imagine karma to be?

I don't imqgine 'Karma', actually.. i've read and listened to many descriptions of Karma, and.. it seems to be a perspective of simple consequences, with cultural interpretations added for 'effect'..

Something done in the past has 'consequences'.. something done right now, may have more immediate consequences that negate the consequences of the past event.. Life is dynamic and current, hanging-on to 'Karma' like it controls your Life, only creates that condition which was non-existent until the observer accepts it..

Be well..

There are billions of receptor cells on your skin. All of them sends an electro-chemical impulse to your brain, and this impulse goes through your spinal column.

All the other sensory organs' receptor cells, like the millions of cells in your eyes, ears, nose and tongue, they also send impulses to your brain.

While having sex, you don't get any more sensory impulses than on a boring day with bad weather. The difference is that while you are having sex, you are focused on and aware of these impulses on a much higher rate.

So the ultimate spiritual purpose of sex is to gain focus and awareness. If you practice normal, simple meditation, then you can observe that awareness is much sharper if you don't bother yourself with shallow thoughts. Then you use this experience in sex, and you stop thinking - and start focusing on your senses. When you stop thinking, you start to be aware, you simply start to meditate... It's just that you don't focus on your breath, or the dot in front of you, but you focus on your senses. Hindu tantra works with this.

My opinion is that sex makes lot more sense if you do it this way, but I don't really think that most people could use this as a spiritual practice. For one thing you practice is to avoid addictions. And while you practice this kind of tantric sex, it's hard to decide whether you do it for joy or for enlightenment...

As much as anything can be used as the path, there are some things which should rather not be used as the path :)

What is happening on a scientific/metaphysical level that is so profound about sex?

Not sure if it helps but I though of this thread while reading the Hua Hu Ching today.

Sixty-Nine

A person's approach to sexuality is a sign of his level of evolution. Unevolved persons practice ordinary sexual intercourse. Placing all emphasis upon the sexual organs, they neglect the body's other organs and systems. Whatever physical energy is accumulated is summarily discharged, and the subtle energies are similarly dissipated and disordered. It is a great backward leap.

For those who aspire to the higher realms of living, there is angelic dual cultivation. Because every portion of the body, mind, and spirit yearns for the integration of yin and yang, angelic intercourse is led by the spirit rather than the sexual organs. Where ordinary intercourse is effortful, angelic cultivation is calm, relaxed, quiet, and natural. Where ordinary intercourse unites sex organs with sex organs, angelic cultivation unites spirit with spirit, mind with mind, and every cell of one body with every cell of the other body. Culminating not in dissolution but in integration, it is an opportunity for a man and woman to mutually transform and uplift each other into the realm of bliss and wholeness.

The sacred ways of angelic intercourse are taught only by one who has himself achieved total energy integration, and taught only to students who follow the Integral Way with profound devotion, seeking to purify and pacify the entire world along with their own being. However, if your virtue is especially radiant, it can be possible to open a pathway to the subtle realm and receive these celestial teachings directly from the immortals.

See also 65 to 71 http://www.cheraglibrary.org/taoist/hua-hu-ching.htm

Sign in to follow this