Machin Shin

Kun lun and Flowers

flowering_sunrise_72web.jpg

From my trip to china to find Kun Lun one of the most powerful experiences was a dream of 2 large green women. There were two of them walking through a country. They were taller than me and were wearing the wings of enlightenment. As to why there were two of them I can't say, but the karma that they gave has been meaningful and manifests in a most joyous playful way. There might be a song that they sing about the sorrows and triumphs of the people of China. After all kunlun is a city in china...if you have the eyes to see it and a heart to feel it.

So this song that these women sing might sound like A LA LALA a LA LA.

Or maybe might start with SA.

Well it's a funny property of luckycharms that they actually float when a fresh box is opened.

Quoted from the director of The Astronaut Farmer when asked by three little girls about floating lucky charms

Flowers can grow from the vines but as for a flower appearing because of harmony...not likely. I guess that liu he ba fa can be used as a source of water. Where there is water there are banks(theres a subtle pun here). And if the water flows from a high pure mountain spring then it's sure to be very cold and turbulent.

So there's water to help the vines grow and harmony to watch the flowers with, but I've never seen a flower appear from Kun Lun just caught a glimpse once of some towers in the distance. I should use those fourteen routes to get to Kun Lun from Shambala.

Shambala buddhism has a deep connection to the Panchen Lama. Currenlty this connection comes form the tantric class Bok Jinpa, which is a meditation class based off of teachings from monastic Tibet. The Lama teaching it has found a obstacle in her path and I'm out here doing some work on it. Namely the fact that the Panchen lama is now chinese and probably won't help Dalai lama anymore.

There is a prayer for the Panchen lama's rebirth in the future as an adviser to a Kalki king some 300 years from now. It arose from the 3rd Panchen lama's work in the 1700's and has used in Russia during the early 1900's.

O! Holy Lama this practice of opening the heart does require joyous effort!

O! Holy Lama the path of emptiness that is taught can show many wonders?

O! Holy Lama how quickly innocence becomes judgement!

O! Holy Lama is it authentic?

A little something to work with.

Visualizing the Varja spining in the heart center.

Visualizing a storm spiraling from the Vajra.

During the thunder storm breath as follows

The breath is deep like bellows being worked by a master craftsman

12 breaths with 12 mudra (learned with permission of the Holy Lama)

as the fire arises in the mind that pacifies

visualize a Thunder being centered in the storm.

The meditation should last for as long as a storm lasts.

purfication mantra for the practioner(Om Vajra Kilikilaya sarva bing nam hung)(hum if you are female)

long life mantra for the opponent (Om amitayus amitayus maha Jnana Svaha)

In the root practice Lama Ngakpa Dorje starts off with a Tibetan Deity(VajraKilikilaya) then switches it to Lei Kung (Taoist Thunder god) statue.

Lei Kung in particular punishes evil at heaven's request.

Two comments

In Starwars there is a practice called Soresu (the way of the mynock) The philosophy of Soresu was described as "being within the eye of the storm". It uses very little of the swordsman intent and uses the opponents lethal intent as the source of energy for the battle. Mynocks drain electricity from the power systems of star ships(strictly speaking from the perspective of starwars cannon) to nourish their cravings for sustenance.

The practice of blending intent between two different heavens is indeed a practice that can involve swords. Here I refer to the root practice from a vajrayana monastery that was carried into a taoist monastery. Now to bring it into western consciousness requires the finesse of a skilled swordsman. Not some stand alone intent of a wannabe in the middle of a park. sheesh look at that dork doing nothing with a sword!

From the Guyasamaja Tantra

Verses of Invocation summon the presence of a Heruka to protect the practitioner from opponents of the lama.

Personal commentary

For several years this storm calling practice has arisen in the form of aikido sword practice.

Dedication of raw virtue

May my intent be purified!

May my ancestors be at peace!

May all sentient beings benefit!

but as for a flower appearing because of harmony...

ironically, Jen's peace lily only tends to flower when all is harmonious :lol:

ooohh, hardly veiled Mr Blast;-)

Anyhoo, green things, what do they mean to the OP? Women aside.

Spiritual guides that have helped to provide insight about enlightened activities associated with taoism and it's influence on western culture. Sometimes acrobats here in Taos have emanated the wisdom of these spirits.

my reply for the music something rare from the 90's

Nice! Tea-cup mudra!

Brain is nice

Heart is nice

Gut is nice

Put em all together, what do you get?

I'm t3mpted to answer but don't believe it :wub:

Not helping OP. Sorry!

So, the "green" is "heart" colour. That's all I know. Makes one consider trees and such maybe?

Seriously, as far as I know, dreams are your own. It's your interpretation that counts. Possibly some collective interpretations abound. And this would be valid whether one is asleep or awake IMO.

ooohh, hardly veiled Mr Blast;-)

:lol: I was being literal right there hahahaha :lol:

Nice! Tea-cup mudra!

So, the "green" is "heart" colour. That's all I know. Makes one consider trees and such maybe?

Seriously, as far as I know, dreams are your own. It's your interpretation that counts. Possibly some collective interpretations abound. And this would be valid whether one is asleep or awake IMO.

Tea cup mudra

We did start to talk about that...

There was imperial tea/court tea mudra

esoteric tea mudra

How to suggest that the student arrives a little early or the student enter in through the back of the house.

At times it is a sign language. The tea language was something that I put several years of study into and travelled around to find the right teapot and correct flavours of tea to appreciate.

Simply put the time spent with an accomplished Taoshih drinking tea is how you learn the skill of Fu shen.

With the city Taoists it takes some time developing trust with a partner to fully understand mudra and Fu Shen, or you can go monastic and just drink and talk with interesting visitors over a warm pot of tea.

As for the green women they came to mind when I saw Cat talking about them. I'm hoping that they are new protector spirits that other people have seen.

BE LIKE A FLOWER

ma_1918_japan.jpg

Be like a flower. One must try to become like a flower: open, frank, equal, generous and kind. Do you know what it means?

A flower is open to all that surrounds it: Nature, light, the rays of the sun, the wind, etc. It exerts a spontaneous influence on all that is around it. It radiates a joy and a beauty.

It is frank: it hides nothing of its beauty, and lets it flow frankly out of itself. What is within, what is in its depths, it lets it come out so that everyone can see it.

It is equal: it has no preference. Everyone can enjoy its beauty and its perfume, without rivalry. It is equal and the same for everybody. There is no difference, or anything whatsoever.

Then generous: without reserve or restriction, how it gives the mysterious beauty and the very own perfume of Nature. It sacrifices itself entirely for our pleasure, even its life it sacrifices to express this beauty and the secret of the things

gathered within itself.

And then, kind: it has such a tenderness, it is so sweet, so close to us, so loving. Its presence fills us with joy. It is always cheerful and happy.

Happy is he who can exchange his qualities with the real qualities of the flowers. Try to cultivate in yourself their refined qualities.

THE MOTHER

SITE OF SRI AUROBINDO & THE MOTHER

AUROBINDO.RU Home Page | Workings by Sri Aurobindo and the Mother | Spiritual significance of flowers

Soul of a Flower

ma_1918_japan.jpg

Have you ever gone into a garden early in the morning? The flowers are facing the sun, awaiting its advent. Have you felt the mighty aspiration that surges all around for the coming light?

Have you watched a bud, completely closed, and how slowly, miraculously, the petals open, one by one? Whence came this force, this energy, this pulsating life?

Have you seen the earth after it has received a few drops of rain. Multi-coloured little hands come out from the earth in a gesture of thanks giving? They are the fairy-lilies named 'Prayer' by the Mother. We can palpably feel the vibration of

gratitude and we look in joy at this spontaneous and beautiful response of Nature. Nature, so receptive, so open to the Grace! If only we could be likewise....

And then we wonder: What is it that gives to a flower and so often to a child, its beauty, its sweetness, its feeling of a happy self-giving? It is the presence of the Divine in the flowers, in Nature. It is what we call the 'Psychic Presence'. And

love. Love of flowers can help us to find our own psychic being, the Divine within us.

The unselfish movement, uncalculating, is one of the most beautiful forms of psychic consciousness in the world. But the higher one rises in the scale of mental activity, the rarer it becomes. Per with intelligence come all the skill and cleverness,

and corruption, calculation. For instance, when a rose blossoms it does so spontaneously, for the joy of being beautiful, smelling sweet, expressing all its joy of living, and it does not calculate, it has nothing to gain out of it: it does so

spontaneously, in the joy of being and living. Take a human being, well, apart from a very few exceptions, the moment his mind is active he tries to get some advantage out of his beauty and cleverness; he wants it to bring him something, either men's

admiration or even much more sordid gains yet. Consequently, from the psychic point of view, the rose is better than human beings.

Only, if you climb a rung higher and consciously do what the rose does unconsciously, then it is much more beautiful. But it must be the same thing: a spontaneous flowering of beauty, uncalculating, simply for the joy of being. Little children have this at times (at times, not always). Unfortunately, under the influence of their parents and the environment, they learn to be calculating when yet very young.

But this kind of wish to gain by what one has or does is truly one of the ugliest things in the world. And it is one of the most widespread and it has become so widespread, that it is almost spontaneous in man. Nothing can turn its back on the divine

love more totally than that, that wish to calculate and profit.

Do flowers love?

This is their form of love, this blossoming. Certainly, when one sees a rose opening to the sun, it is like a need to give its beauty. Only, for us, it is almost unintelligible, for they do not think about what they do. A human being always

associates with everything he does this ability to see himself doing it, that is, to think about himself, think of himself doing it. Man knows that he is doing something. Animals don't think. It is not at all the same form of love. And flowers, so to speak, are not conscious: it is a spontaneous movement, not a consciousness that is conscious of itself, not at all. But it is a great Force which acts through all that, the great universal Consciousness and the great Force of universal love which makes all things blossom in beauty.

Is there a sense of beauty in flowers?

Directly there is organic life, the vital element comes in, and it is this vital element which gives to flowers the sense of beauty. It is not perhaps individualised in the sense we understand it, but it is a sense of the species and the species

always tries to realise it. I have noticed a first rudiment of the psychic presence and vibration in vegetable life, and truly this blossoming one calls a flower is the first manifestation of the psychic presence. The psychic is individualised only

in man, but it was there before him; but it is not the same kind of individualisation as in man, it is more fluid: it manifests as force, as consciousness rather than as individuality. Take the rose, for example; its great perfection of form, colour, scent expresses an aspiration and a psychic giving. Look at a rose opening in the morning at the first touch of the sun, it is a magnificent self-giving in aspiration.

What is this psychic prayer that flowers represent?

The psychic, when it manifests in a plant, in the form of a flower, is in the form of a wordless prayer; it is the elan of the plant towards the Divine.

You have written: "Love of flowers is a valuable help for finding and uniting with the psychic. Could you explain this more in detail?

Since flowers are the manifestation of the psychic in the vegetal kingdom, love of flowers would mean that one is drawn by the psychic vibration and consequently by the psychic in one's own self.

When you are receptive to the psychic vibration, that puts you in a more intimate contact with the psychic in your own self. Perhaps the beauty of flowers too is a means used by Nature to awaken in human beings the attraction for the psychic.

How can one enter into psychic contact with flowers?

When one is in conscious contact with one's own psychic, one becomes aware of an impersonal psychic behind the whole creation and then, through this, one can enter into contact with flowers and know the psychic prayer they represent.

Mother, when flowers are brought to you, how do you give them a significance?

To the flowers? But it's in the same way, by entering into contact with the nature of the flower, its inner truth. Then one knows what it represents.

Each flower has its special significance, hasn't it?

Not as we understand it mentally. There is a mental projection when one gives a precise meaning to a flower. It may answer, vibrate to the touch of this projection, accept the meaning, but a flower has no equivalent of the mental consciousness. In the vegetable kingdom there is a beginning of the psychic, but there is no beginning of the mental consciousness. In animals it is different; mental life begins to form and for them things have a meaning. But in flowers it is rather like the movement of a little baby - it is neither a sensation nor a feeling, but something of both; it is a spontaneous movement, a very special vibration. So, if one is in contact with it, if one feels it, one gets an impression which may be translated by a thought. That is how I have given a meaning to flowers and plants - there is a kind of identification with the vibration, a perception of the quality it represents and, little by little, through a kind of approximation (sometimes this comes suddenly, occasionally it takes time), there is a coming together of these vibrations

(which are of a vital-emotional order) and the vibration of the mental thought, and if there is a sufficient harmony, one has a direct perception of what the plant may signify.

In some countries (particularly here) certain plants are used as the media for worship, offering, devotion. Certain plants are given on special occasions. And I have often seen that this identification was quite in keeping with the nature of the

plant, because spontaneously, without knowing anything, I happened to give the same meaning as that given in religious ceremonies. The vibration was really there in the flower itself.... Did it come from the use that had been made of it or did it

come from very far, from somewhere deep down. From a beginning of the psychic life? It would be difficult to say.

If our flower-offering depends on our state of consciousness, does it help us to learn the significances of flowers even if it is purely mental to begin with?

Yes, surely.

Have flowers a power in the occult world?

Yes, they have an occult power; they can even transmit a message if one knows how to charge them with it.

Can the flowers transmit other messages apart from the significances you have given

It is not impossible but the person who sends the message must have a great power of formation.

Is the power of formation purely occult or can a mental or vital power of formation also transmit messages?

The mental power of formation can certainly transmit messages. But for these messages to be received and understood, the person to whom they are sent must himself be very receptive mentally and particularly attentive.

When we offer flowers, with what attitude should we offer them? Does it matter if we do not know the significance?

This depends complely on the person who gives the flowers and on his state of consciousness. The same answer may be given to both the questions. According to the degree of consciousness of people what they do has a deep significance.

Do flowers retain the force always, even when they decay?

Decay? No, my child; when they dry up, yes. Decayed flowers are just nothing. A decomposition takes place, so the thing disappears. Perhaps it brings energy to the soil, that's quite possible; but still, when it decays it is good only to make manure

to grow other flowers. But if it dries up, it is preserved, it can remain for quite a long time.

Sweet Mother, what should we do with the flowers which you give us every day?

Flowers? You ought to keep them as long as they are fresh, and when they are no longer so, you must collect them and give them to the gardener (any gardener you know), so that he can put them in the earth to produce other flowers. Yes, one must give

back to the earth what it has given us, for otherwise it will become poor.

THE MOTHER

A pic my partner D took a few years back in a HongKong temple.

pic13j.jpg

Nice fullsize too.

Off topic...

Mynocks drain electricity from the power systems of star ships(strictly speaking from the perspective of starwars cannon) to nourish their cravings for sustenance.

It is "canon". I only mention it because this is one of the 'endangered words', where the correct writing might die out some day. :rolleyes: Almost everybody does it wrong. But believe me, there's no gunpowder involved here. :lol:

Do flowers love?

What is this psychic prayer that flowers represent?

The psychic, when it manifests in a plant, in the form of a flower, is in the form of a wordless prayer; it is the elan of the plant towards the Divine.

I have read in the lotus sutra that certain flowers can only bloom when there is a buddha present. I'll let the mystery translate the inner meaning of buddha....

When I was living in a pureland named the Greater World I was visited by Great Royalty, and prior to their arrival the garden bloomed. The blooming of those plants was an auspicious occurrence that heralded the arrival of Great Royalty and two world heroes. It was one of the few times that the plants bloomed in that blackwater garden.