sean

Physical training recovery notes

Physical training recovery notes I've summarized recently. Feel free to add.

Daily:

Omega-3

Zinc / Magnesium

Good nutrition (balance of carbs/proteins)

Glucosamine

During training:

Wait between 30 seconds to 3 minutes between sets.

Shortly after training:

Cool down for 10-20 minutes. Light jogging.

Drink a post-workout shake high in protein and carbs for glycogen replacement.

If possible hot/cold therapy. Cold shower, than hot bath, then cold bath.

Cold press on tissues that require longer regeneration periods (ie: fast-twitch muscle groups and tendons: Massage (Check for massage schools, students have to do countless hours of massage training)

Later after training:

Quality sleep / naps

Light activity, ie: Intu-Flow / Xtension, Yoga, Light jogging, go for a walk

Hot/cold therapy. Cold shower, than hot bath, then cold bath.

Hot bath with epsom salts or apple cider vinegar

Take days off

Relax, put your feet up, watch TV, play video games, de-stress, meditate

Physical training recovery notes I've summarized recently. Feel free to add.

Daily:

Omega-3

Zinc / Magnesium

Good nutrition (balance of carbs/proteins)

Glucosamine

I know I'm saying this in like every thread, lately, but Cod Liver Oil in gel caps - several times a week. Nourishes, circulates, detoxes at the levels of water, wood. I got 'em from my local health food store.

Looks good. Here are what Mike Mahler reccomends.

Have a protein shake with some healthy fat (1-2 tablespoons of olive or flaxseed oil) two hours before each workout

Have a protein shake after each workout for recovery

Get a sports massage 1-2 times per month to enhance recovery

Take a cold/hot shower after each workout (30 seconds cold/ 60 seconds hot)

If possible, take a 20 minute power nap after each workout

Take advantage of Cryotherapy and get a cryocup.

Stretch for 10-15 minutes after each workout

Cam

BTW, I myself pretty much do none of the above and did my first real workout several days ago and am still sore :angry:

Humm well im a mountain biking nutso i guess, other than sex it's my favorite thing. The rides here in the Pisgah national forest are epic, even the short ones. the climbs can be brutal with a 36 pound freeride rig but the downhills are righeous.

I get as many as 4 rides a week before my legs are mush. such a buzz being in the forest on a bike. most people don't have any idea what we do out there on bikes, how deep in the forest we get, the things we get to see, how difficult the terrain is & how much strength and balance it takes to have fun.

on a daily basis i take:

Dr Sears OmegaRX fish oil suppliment - great for the joints (not those silly!)

Lifesource Superprouts

Lifesource Collidial Silver and Gold

1000mg C + B complex

Zink / Magnisium / Calsium Complex

8 oz Apple - Carrot homemade juice (from juicer)

During a ride i mix Cytomax (orange or peach) right in the camelbak. about 2.5 scoops for a 100oz bladder that is mostly full. It makes for a lot of cleaning after rides but i prefer cytomax right in the mix. some people use a seperate bottle with cytomax or another mix. i don't know anyone that uses gatorade it's pretty sick. on a super long ride (5+ hours) i'll add a bottle of strait water on the bike that gets used late in the ride when i can't stomach the cytomax anymore.

over the years we've noticed the riders that don't use some sort of electroite supplement drop off conciderably after a few hours. then they bonk which is always unlpeasant but much worse deep in the mountains. we're talking all day slugfests here with 3-6000ft of climbing. that's trail climbing. the mixes like cytomax really help the recovery as well.

after a ride i get a huge meal in and a shower. a short nap sometimes is required the body just wants some down time.

a note on qigong in general. before i really got into qigong i felt like i had to get some sort of intense ride every day to feel good. qigong taught me how to get that deep lifeforce breath going without the crazy amounts of exercise. this really freed me up on the rides and now im stonger than ever.

oh the joy of the south, it was 60 degrees here in asheville today. i got in a killer ride, some 3000 feet of climbing on a 4 hour ride. the views are awesome with the leafs down & to ride in feb. the same gear as july makes for a great day. it may snow tomorrow but ill still go for a ride....

ride hard,

get big air,

mic :-)

I'm so bad, I never do a cool-down. I do sit in the hot tub right after working out though. It helps a lot.

Off to the gym right now...

I admit my total ignorance on the topic, but wouldn't drinking a raw egg help?

Pietro, what else do you know about raw eggs? I seen in two different sources that is recommended for recovery after sex when mixed with red wine and something sweet. I can say it works too..

T

Pietro, what else do you know about raw eggs? I seen in two different sources that is recommended for recovery after sex when mixed with red wine and something sweet. I can say it works too..

T

not much, just some personal and anedotic experiences. They were really helpful in my recovery from vegetarianism 3 years ago. When I am in chaste periods I lose desire for them. And when I eat them I need to make extra attention to take celery juices to balance their acidic

In theory raw eggs are better if they are fertile, but those are really hard to find unless you live near a farm.

Sex actors drink them by the half dozen.

LOL, that was the woman next to me, I sware!

Here is some footage of Lozen at the gym.

Techniques I use are:

Cold Showers

Stretching

Shaking the body ( as if shaking water of the body) really good for relaxing the muscle and improving blood flow.

Meditation

Daniel