Sign in to follow this  
senseikarma

Teachers in the Bay Area?

As Kunlun instructors in the Bay Area are mostly not teaching or are bad assed, would any of the Bums in the San Francisco Bay area recommend any Qigong teachers to train with? South Bay would be great but any place in the bay area is good. Thank you all for the kindness.

Qigong master Effie Chow is awesome:

http://www.eastwestqi.com/

As Kunlun instructors in the Bay Area are mostly not teaching or are bad assed, would any of the Bums in the San Francisco Bay area recommend any Qigong teachers to train with? South Bay would be great but any place in the bay area is good. Thank you all for the kindness.

Here are a couple

water traditon

Fong Ha

enjoy!

Here are a couple

water traditon

Fong Ha

I took a seminar with Fong Ha before..

He definitely has great rooting and peng structure - with the puzzling immovability that seems beyond mere physics.

However, I don't think it's an ability you can pick up in a weekend, although he reduces it to just "maintaining your equilibrium." :blink: Which seemed like circular logic though and didn't really help me understand the skill or mechanism any. If any of his longer students have...please let me know!

But his actual training method basically includes lots of Yiquan zhan zhuang and Taiji Ruler qigong.

Edited by vortex

If you could study with Fong Ha, I would do it. I'm sure he would be a great introduction teacher to qigong/yichuan/taiji. Eventually though, I'd look elsewhere. IMO there is better qigong/yichuan in the USA.

Edited by Old Man Contradiction

Thanks guys, keep it coming. I have trained with folks on and off. But after talking to Scotty the other day offline, I kinda thought it is better to spend some extended period with a teacher and learn and assimilate what I have been learning for the last decade and a half. Thanks again, some very good recommendations here, I will spend time checking them out ... ...

Sign in to follow this