everseeking

Jerry Alan Johnson books

Hello TTBums, do any of you have any of these books by Jerry Alan Johnson? Specifically the Qi Gong books/series, and the books in the second link.

http://www.qigongmedicine.com/catalog.php

http://www.daoistmagic.com/info.php?i=2191

I would very much appreciate it if anyone has ANY input, via post or PM about Jerry Alan Johnson and these books he wrote. I have his books, 'The Essence of Internal Martial Arts', volumes 1 and 2. I really like them, and I'd like to know what people think about these other books, and the man in general. Any thoughts, experiences, etc..regardless of whether it be about him, Mao Shan, whatever.

I tried searching the archives for an old thread about him, but couldn't find it.

any input appreciated.

Thanks--

Nate-

Edited by everseeking

Hello TTBums, do any of you have any of these books by Jerry Alan Johnson? Specifically the Qi Gong books/series, and the books in the second link.

http://www.qigongmedicine.com/catalog.php

http://www.daoistmagic.com/info.php?i=2191

I would very much appreciate it if anyone has ANY input, via post or PM about Jerry Alan Johnson and these books he wrote. I have his books, 'The Essence of Internal Martial Arts', volumes 1 and 2. I really like them, and I'd like to know what people think about these other books, and the man in general. Any thoughts, experiences, etc..regardless of whether it be about him, Mao Shan, whatever.

I tried searching the archives for an old thread about him, but couldn't find it.

any input appreciated.

Thanks--

Nate-

He is the real deal. I studied with two of his students and one of them, Sifu Dr. Bernard Shannon, is the head of the International Institute of Medical Qigong that Jerry started.

I completed his first year medical qigong program which was fairly rigorous and his medical qigong textbooks that he wrote are what we used. I am also friends with one of his other students, Dr. Gideon Enz, who does the major editing for Jerry's books. Gideon is also a Shaivite yogi so we have a special kundalini bond.

I have never met Jerry. He does have some unpleasant personality quirks I have heard but that doesn't diminish the tremendous amount of understanding and knowledge he has researched and placed in the public's hands.

Anyone who doubts the existence of chi just needs to get volume 1 of Jerry's medical qigong textbook series and the biblio alone will keep you reading for hours.

Gideon's site:

http://www.gideonenz.com/

Jerry's school now run by Bernard

http://www.medicalqigong.org/

Shaktimama--AWESOME! Thanks. good to know. So has Master Johnson removed himself from the public eye? From what I hear, he's super powerful-maybe he's orbiting the moon or something!!

Ha ha. Seriously though, good to know, I think I will go ahead and get the books soon.

Take care ;-)

Nate-

So has Master Johnson removed himself from the public eye? From what I hear, he's super powerful-maybe he's orbiting the moon or something!!

He is still teaching, but not medical qigong. His emphasis now seems to be Daoist magic:

Temple of the Celestial Cloud

Edited by Dainin

Guest sykkelpump

I have heard some good things about his book.there are other reviews about him on this forum.if I remember correct there was someone here who had visited him at home.I have his healing workout dvd,and I was not impressed.not worth buying if you ask me.you can download it for free on btmon.com

but you must use the "download torrent" at the bottom of the site the others one will direct you to paysites

Shaktimama--AWESOME! Thanks. good to know. So has Master Johnson removed himself from the public eye? From what I hear, he's super powerful-maybe he's orbiting the moon or something!!

Ha ha. Seriously though, good to know, I think I will go ahead and get the books soon.

Take care ;-)

Nate-

Johnson is teaching a 7year course in Daoism in his home town. He is into the 2nd year now. Then he says he will teach no more. But, he does travel the world teaching and lecturing at conferences. I have all of his 5 medical qigong textbooks. I find them invaluable and have read them all through a couple of times and still refer to them often. I also have the first edition of the text book which then he broke it into 5 volumes with even more info and graphics. Other high level medical qigong teachers I have heard use them as textbooks in class also. I know for sure some guy in Arizona does but I can't remember his name. The first volume goes extensively into medical daoism from conception onwards and Oh, yeah, and conception back to the Dao. There is some stuff in there that is so esoteric I still cant decipher it by myself. Each book is about 4 inches thick and about 8x10. Good thing they are in paperback for about $60 a piece

From his students I heard one of the things he can do is stand on the far side of one room and make wind chimes ring on the other side. He also has excellent healing and wushu skills.

A couple of his Daoism students and medical qigong students are now studying with Sant/KAP cause they get so much more power and understanding and gentle treatment.(Also far less expensive and more personal relationship) Santi and I did a long distance shakti meditation for some of Johnson's crew and left them stunned and hung over. Yeah...I am self promoting here but lets call things as it is. They are still talking about it and Santi and I were not even putting a lot effort into it.

A couple of his Daoism students and medical qigong students are now studying with Sant/KAP cause they get so much more power and understanding and gentle treatment.(Also far less expensive and more personal relationship) Santi and I did a long distance shakti meditation for some of Johnson's crew and left them stunned and hung over. Yeah...I am self promoting here but lets call things as it is. They are still talking about it and Santi and I were not even putting a lot effort into it.

Edited by cat

That you are admitting to blowing your own trumpet, I have to say this. Can you please cut it out a little? You promote KAP on every thread and every place with or without a reason. It's really irritating. I get it that KAP is THE best but let people make that choice. You have a 30 page thread where you speak endlessly about what you and your friend can do, but seriously, this KAP promotion in every thread related or not is getting nauseating. :blink:

Mal, is there a forum policy someplace which restricts endless promotion in every related on unrelated thread? Especially in cases like this where the interest is totally or pre-dominantly monetary? I know JAJ on a personal level and can safely say he is not the kind to go for this kinda cheap publicity on forums or come down here to defend himself. In spite of his skill and attainments that is.

Censorship is no bueno

That you are admitting to blowing your own trumpet, I have to say this. Can you please cut it out a little? You promote KAP on every thread and every place with or without a reason. It's really irritating. I get it that KAP is THE best but let people make that choice. You have a 30 page thread where you speak endlessly about what you and your friend can do, but seriously, this KAP promotion in every thread related or not is getting nauseating. :blink:

Mal, is there a forum policy someplace which restricts endless promotion in every related on unrelated thread? Especially in cases like this where the interest is totally or pre-dominantly monetary? I know JAJ on a personal level and can safely say he is not the kind to go for this kinda cheap publicity on forums or come down here to defend himself. In spite of his skill and attainments that is.

:D

There are better economic investments for my time than being on Bums. Bums brings no financial rewards to my door. I make over $75K a year as a nurse. I do not need to teach or be an instructor for the money.

Jerry wrote great books. I am a certified graduate of his medical qigong practitioner program, over 200+ hours of didactic and clinical hands on training. I am friends with some of his top students. I am recognized at a world level as an expert on Kundalini and spiritual development. I teach the teachers. I paid his school over 10k for training. It was worth it. That is not cheap publicity.

There is such a thing as a strong and healthy ego.

I speak about what I know and what I do. It is not just book knowledge or come from googling on the Internet. I share of my experiences and understanding freely on this forum. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Edited by ShaktiMama

Shaktimama--

Thank you very much for your informative posts! That was just the sort of thing I was wanting to know. I will have to buy the QiGong books for sure. Impressive stuff, as I am (this May) going to be starting out as a Registered Nurse. So, you are officially someone I look up to. I want to learn the stuff you talk about and help patients with it. Having awesome Internal Martial Arts ability wouldn't be too bad either ;-) Of course, for me, KAP 1 is coming, I just have to wait till the time and money is right.

As for Master Jerry alan Johnson being done with teaching after this 7 year course is over, is that to mean ALL teaching, PERIOD?

Also, does anyone have experience with the Daoist Magic books he has out? If a person (me) had a base of knowledge to work from, could they learn how to do things from the books?

In other words, (and this applies to all the books, but please be specific) are the books complete in their knowledge and not with holding of anything?

Lastly, senseikarma, could you please expound on your experiences with Master Jerry Alan Johnson?

The wind chime story is simply awe inspiring. I would love to hear anything more, and I only wish I could somehow become his student, and/or learn some (or all, he he) of what he has to teach.

Thanks to you all ;-)

Edited by everseeking

Shaktimama--after reading your post again;

would you say that there is any information in his First book that is not in the 5 part series? I know I want the 5, not sure about the 1.

Also, from what I have READ, if he affected a wind chime from across the room, it wasn't really HIM that did it.

Thoughts?

Thanks again to all ;-)

Guest sykkelpump

Johnson is teaching a 7year course in Daoism in his home town. He is into the 2nd year now. Then he says he will teach no more. But, he does travel the world teaching and lecturing at conferences. I have all of his 5 medical qigong textbooks. I find them invaluable and have read them all through a couple of times and still refer to them often. I also have the first edition of the text book which then he broke it into 5 volumes with even more info and graphics. Other high level medical qigong teachers I have heard use them as textbooks in class also. I know for sure some guy in Arizona does but I can't remember his name. The first volume goes extensively into medical daoism from conception onwards and Oh, yeah, and conception back to the Dao. There is some stuff in there that is so esoteric I still cant decipher it by myself. Each book is about 4 inches thick and about 8x10. Good thing they are in paperback for about $60 a piece

From his students I heard one of the things he can do is stand on the far side of one room and make wind chimes ring on the other side. He also has excellent healing and wushu skills.

your self promoting makes me sick.especially how you build it up.you and santi work together,this is your business site isnt it?

:D

I speak about what I know and what I do. It is not just book knowledge or come from googling on the Internet. I share of my experiences and understanding freely on this forum. If you don't like it, don't read it.

For a nurse you are one proud Nurse! <_<

I don't care for your true knowledge, list of names you throw or for abilities you and your friend claim. I have read many of your old posts and have not found anything useful. Pages and pages of - I can Santi can do this, I and Santi can do that etc. etc. Cheesier than a bad door to door salesman. If you want to do it, do it in that damned thread like you have been doing. There were some bad reviews on the KAP thread and the ones who wrote them were kicked out from here I guess?

Back to my question - Why do you have to crap on every thread? Physic powers thread is one example. Can't you create a big thread, call it Shaktimama's shameless advertising (SSA) and write all your heroics there? If you can shamelessly and endlessly sell yourself and your accomplice in every thread, I can express my irritation in at least a couple, can't I? This is a public forum after all lol! Get a life Shaktimama. You seem to be living in some fantasy land that has nothing to do with true spirituality. But that's your problem, your KAP-crapping on every thread - that's my problem as well.

your self promoting makes me sick.especially how you build it up.you and santi work together,this is your business site isnt it?

Thank you! I thought I was the single soul in this huge forum who was put off by this lady's antics.

Guest sykkelpump

Thank you! I thought I was the single soul in this huge forum who was put off by this lady's antics.

ha ha,I must say the same to you

Stunned and hungover? Gimme a break. I don't even care if you promote KAP here. It's how you do it that is so damn annoying.

Anyway,...I have JAJ's Healing Workout DVD and think it's excellent. I also have his Tai Chi Meditation CD's, (Vol.1-Life Force Breathing and Vol.2-Eight Direction Perception)and they are good too.

bindo-do those CD's have words, or any vocals?

I tried to get them, and was able to buy one online through mp3panda. I was expecting some sort of guided meditation, but instead got something that reminded me of some sort of Jazz.

Thanks

Nate-

bindo-do those CD's have words, or any vocals?

I tried to get them, and was able to buy one online through mp3panda. I was expecting some sort of guided meditation, but instead got something that reminded me of some sort of Jazz.

Thanks

Nate-

Hi Nate,

The first track on both CD's are talking guided meditations by JAJ. All the other tracks are music only.

People who go on and on and on and on about something that they have a fierce belief in usually do get put down because of their constant promoting. Christians for example get the same thing.

SM is obviously giving you another option and letting you know that some of JAJ's students have converted because of whatever reasons. This may help you in deciding whether or not you want to pursue a certain course.

I have certain things that I believe in and I'm fairly certain that in a few short months you will see me on my soapbox every week trying to get my experiences out there so that they may benefit others.

I know that KAP and SFQ get thrown around alot here but if they actually help people then what's the problem? This thread has and is still about JAJ so I dont personally see the problem.

Blessings

BTW, I dont know SM at all but I'm 100% positive that there are people on this forum who can actually attest to Santi being a great pratictioner with some real juice. Santiago is the real deal and if you actually want some juice, then you'd do well to train with him. I'm sure the same goes for ShaktiMama too.

Back to the thread at hand. I've heard JAJ is the real deal too. Never met him, dont care too but I'd like to get his book that was supposed to come out the last quad of 09....any news on that book by chance?

I know that KAP and SFQ get thrown around alot here but if they actually help people then what's the problem? This thread has and is still about JAJ so I dont personally see the problem.

Sorry, NOT the same. Drew Hempel may get on nerves talking about SFQ but he is not promoting himself or his business. Yeah, he, you can say is trying to promote something that he found useful and in doing that, is doing himself no favor. Shaktimama is selling a product here. She is promoting herself. The difference is here to see and the only reason one can miss that would be if he wants to! And it is the sick way she does it is what really irritates. Common, when you are selling a product, you need to have some code of conduct!

Though the thread is about JAJ, what is her elaborate prelude building up to conclude? KAP is better and I and Santi can beat the crap of JAJ, and everyone else. THAT is what I have an issue with. She could have shared what she wanted to and left it there. But look at other threads, the two do the same everywhere. If some people found her useful, let that be, there are others here who find her constant spamming equally obnoxious.

Edited by senseikarma

Yeah, they do-like here;

"I have a student & close friend who is studying with Dr. Jerry. He has nothing but great things to say about his courses & training.

Peace

Santiago "

from THIS thread

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/4488-dr-jerry-alan-johnson-and-taoist-magic/page__st__40

In the (approximate) words of Eddie Griswald,

"Hold your wad there, Clark!"

bindo--

I just downloaded the first track from 'Eight Direction Perception' and it does not have vocals. Maybe I will have to order the CD from the good Doctor to get the real deal?

thanks--

Nate

bindo--

I just downloaded the first track from 'Eight Direction Perception' and it does not have vocals. Maybe I will have to order the CD from the good Doctor to get the real deal?

thanks--

Nate

I just have two tracks on my ipod from long time ago. Both are guided meditations. No music. If I remember right, I think I ripped just the guided meditation tracks and skipped the music-only ones. Is this what you're looking at? This one's a breathing practice. Check out the preview for the very first track here...

http://www.amazon.com/Tai-Chi-Meditation-Force-Breathing/dp/B0028P4WHW

How many times do I have to write?:

I get ZERO, NADDA, NOTHING in financial return for being on this forum. If I ever entertained the idea this could be a good business move I would have left the week after I joined. The time invested has no financial return. Anyone I have helped on this list I have done for free.

I speak and write about what I know, what I have experienced, who I have met, where I have been, who I run with for the last 20+ years. If I lived in ashram or a monastery you would be hearing about my life there not my life as it is now. If you want to call that marketing, so be it. I suck at marketing if I thought marketing on this forum is a good idea.

I make NOTHING in money or fees by contributing to this forum.

There is no check that magically appears for combat pay that I get for participating. You assume that this is about making money? Why in the hell would I put up with these hateful childish attacks for no money? Life is not about making money. Maybe it is for you guys so that is why you interpret what I do as money motivated.

Hello? People who do this do this because they love it not because it puts food on the table. Its not easy at all being an instructor.

I make a living as a nurse. I do KAP for fun and because it does make a measurable difference in the quality of life on this planet. I don't need KAP to pay the rent or my expenses. If I did I certainly would be better served spending my time in a productive financial return and not writing on an internet forum. (actually, i need to take my own advice. :lol: )

Wake UP! Try being a little realistic here.

I am not here to conform to your ideals of what makes a good teacher. I do not need your approval to be good at what I do. I am not here to reinforce the status quo. I am not here to make you feel good or hide what I know I have experienced so you can maintain your comfortable level of reality.

What I am here for is to share deeply from my own experiences. If it offends you DON"T READ WHAT I WRITE.

Again, if you don't like what I write...don't read it. I am sharing what I have experienced personally not what I read in a book or pulled off the internet.

I PAID for Jerry's DVDs, books, and tuition from his senior students. DO you? If you don't, don't give me shit because you would rather benefit from by stealing someone's work than pay up front. If you do you have money issues so don't be pointing the finger at me boyfriends. There are four fingers pointing right back at you so stop with the holier than thou marketing money lectures.