Sloppy Zhang

Psychic Powers

I'm not ignoring anyone. I've read every post here several times.

Sorry you feel like I'm not giving you enough love :)

ok, what i should have said is that you are apparently ignoring what many people here are saying even if you have read every post several times, although that's only my opinion.

so what about a cat for you?

ok, what i should have said is that you are apparently ignoring what many people here are saying even if you have read every post several times, although that's only my opinion.

Honestly, and no offense to anyone, but it's not stuff I haven't heard before.

Go back and read my edited post, but seriously. I joined this forum in September '08. Again, I have learned a lot of stuff that I have incorporated into my life, personal and professional relationships, and health. My overall well being has been much better, I am less stressed. But that isn't all that I am looking for. Sitting here in January 2010, you'd think all this work I've put into psychic abilities would have shown something.

I've been on this forum and going on with the whole, "oh relax, feel, go with the flow" and all that stuff. I've studied and practiced and done all sorts of things. I haven't pushed the psychic issue too much, especially on this forum, because I knew that as soon as I did people would think I'm juvenile, missing the point, will likely fall into some trap, or whatever. But, you know, it's gotten to a point where I am starting to exhaust all the traditional avenues. People keep making this vague statements like, "well somewhere down the line some people experience this..." Yeah, I'm not looking for that anymore. That's all I've been able to find since starting on this journey. I'm looking for, "do this and this will happen." But at the same time, I am looking for something that resonates with me and fits into my overall philosophy, personality, outlook, body, etc.

Which is why I ask, again. I haven't gotten much so far being passive, time for some activity.

so what about a cat for you?

Again, college dorm, can't.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

...most cats are like little energy masters, and they don't take kindly to being victims like you mentioned. They can be a living example power in your own home.

I'm not ignoring anyone. I've read every post here several times.

I don't know about you all, but I am taking this quite seriously. The whole "listen to the divine" and "go with the flow" and all that stuff is good, and it's something that I've been working at every since I came across taoism (which I got into shortly before I joined this forum, back in September 08)

Again, it's not like I'm not incorporating this stuff into my life or practice.

It's that I'd ALSO like to incorporate stuff that will also get me what I want.

Does that sound selfish? I don't care. Do you think it's something I should have gotten over if I had really been doing serious work for that long? I don't really care. I've dedicated every waking moment to this stuff, and even my moments sleeping (lucid dream exploring), and, no offense to anybody, but this wu wei stuff again isn't getting me where I need to go.

HOWEVER, I DO like taoist methods of energy work, like stuff I've read of B.K. Frantzis. But Frantzis is just as "tiptoe around the psychic power" issue as everyone else. The whole, "don't play around with things, it won't give you spiritual advancement", "don't do stuff to tempt the ego", "psychic powers may or may not be real" and all that other stuff. I'm looking for stuff that will work.

Sorry you feel like I'm not giving you enough love 3bob (or anyone else that has responded to this thread) :) but if all you are going to tell me is, "psychic powers aren't the point" or "learn to be like a cat" well, duly noted, your job is done :)

Sorry if that sounds kind of jerk-ish but.... at this point, I really don't care :)

I do really like cats, by the way, though I do live in a college dorm (working on that mundane transformation), so no can do on the cat front.

I have not tip-toed through the "psychic stuff" but told you exactly how to get there. You cannot force this. It is admirable that you have been practicing since '08 but you must know it usually takes more time than that "to get there".

Wish you the best.

I have not tip-toed through the "psychic stuff" but told you exactly how to get there.

Yes I know and your post was one of the best ones in this thread :)

but you must know it usually takes more time than that "to get there".

Well I've never been there so I have no idea how long it takes. :) It just seems like, you know, if you want to get somewhere you should go right there, right? Not piddle paddle around with stuff that "might" get "some people" there "if the timing is right".

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Guest paul walter

:(

It makes sense, Paul, in the light of what I mentioned in passing earlier -- that people are distrustful of power because almost all power they've ever seen was power in the process of being abused. My assertion was, however, that just because something can be abused doesn't mean it's something bad in and of itself. (Examples: food, water, shelter, safety, freedom, love. One may ask how anyone can possibly abuse water, of course.:) Well, believe it or not, Mongols in Genghis Khan's time had a strict religious law against "fouling water," and pretty much any use of water was considered abuse except for internal intake. Amazingly, they were one of the healthiest peoples to ever have lived, despite the fact that hygiene of any kind was against their religious law! Now what we have today is "fouled water" -- abused water -- pretty much everywhere. Who'd have guessed that it can be done... it can be done, and it's done. Alas.)

This is a huge subject for me, power and its use and its non-abuse, because this was the main lesson of the most deep- and far-reaching series of revelations I got in shamanic ceremonies in Peru -- "do not abuse power" was being shown to me from inside the perceptions of, alternatively, the powerful and the powerless, switching places many hundreds of times, putting me in the position of having and using power and then flipping it over and giving me the perceptions of the receiving end. This was going on on all levels, family to the cosmos, for some 48 hours almost nonstop, there were demo lessons with flipping sides and then empirical practices (again from the inside of any entity I was given a chance to explore) -- I was being tentatively given all kinds and all levels of power and She was test-running me to see what I would do with it. I failed a thousand times, even though I tried and tried and knew that it was the single most important thing to get right -- for all times and for all purposes, the single most important thing to get. Do not abuse power. (It's not as simple as being powerless... that's another thing I learned. No, you don't learn the main thing there is to learn by not learning. You can't learn to not fall off a bicycle by never learning to ride a bicycle. You can't learn to not abuse power by never having power. If you don't have it, you'll have to have it in a different space-time and still learn how to use it and not abuse it. There's no getting off this hook.) Then after some 48 hours, I succeeded... so now I know what power is for and why learning to handle it is something everyone will have to do even if it takes billions of years.

What is it for? Well... the power to be or not to be is one application... it's not something you can accomplish without power, believe it or not. Either one. I'm going to grind this soap box into the ground if I don't get off now. I have my mind's eye on another book... "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Power." :unsure::lol:

Hmmm...quite an experience-all power to you! I've had the same life-lessons myself but in slow motion :( , though think I came to the same understanding of the responsibilities involved due to the revelation that the notion of power and its 'use' is more than fundamental to all interactions in first world societies. I think it used to be called having a conscience :blink: . With the repression of that knowledge and the consequent effects on others (of whatever species etc) this is a real weighty issue for those who want to deal with it. This seems to be one area that people really don't want to 'go' to-it questions fundamentally all of our 'received' relations involving all existence: in other words our relations to ourselves. And on....Paul

... It just seems like, you know, if you want to get somewhere you should go right there, right?

Believe me when I say that everyone on the path has had those feelings of frustrations at one point or another. Just remember, this too shall pass. Hang in there.

...most cats are like little energy masters, and they don't take kindly to being victims like you mentioned. They can be a living example power in your own home.

It is funny you brought this up, I have recently had someone leave her cat with me to look after while she went away for a holiday. I have always liked cats and find it an interesting experience to have one as a roommate. However I don't know how much of an 'energy master' this particular cat is though, I find that more than anything, taking care of a cat is an exercise in patience and observation. Over the past week I learnt that a cat will only live in a way that is natural for it, the way it was created to do by Nature. Living with a cat means understanding this and establishing a working relationship with these principles while at the same time maintaining harmony between myself, the cat, and the environment (in this case my room, more specifically making sure the cat does not wreck my room). I know that this can apply to all animals but cats in particular are true to their original nature.

While I see this whole matter as a training opportunity, I do not particularly feel that the cat is 'an example of power'. Maybe it is just this particular cat, or there is another angle from which I haven't yet looked at the matter. As someone who also likes cats, would you care to elaborate on how cats relate to power? Anyone else on this forum who likes cats (and theres seems to be quite a few ^^), please feel free to give us your angle too!!

Here's the classic Zener Cards test -- you can check yourself for ESP powers here:

http://www.psychicscience.org/esp3.aspx

I have to agree with ShaktiMama here...

People are all worried about "abuse of psychic powers"...yet no one here can even beat RANDOM CHANCE on this test. :lol: So perhaps any worry is rather premature at this point?

Let's see someone score at least double-digits on this test before we worry about them "abusing" that "power."

People are all worried about "abuse of psychic powers"...yet no one here can even beat RANDOM CHANCE on this test. :lol: So perhaps any worry is rather premature at this point?

Let's see someone score at least double-digits on this test before we worry about them "abusing" that "power."

Well someone would have to provide a method so we could reach a point where we can do that...

Which is the whole reason for making this thread :lol:

...raising the energy body vibration rate. I always laugh, there was a person here who posted under a Starperson something who now posts under a different name. But he talked about "wimpy qigong" versus real qigong. Well, not very political but he sure had a valid point. Through some practices it simply will be very difficult to actually raise the energy body vibration rate. So to gain Power one must choose their practices carefully. Also helps greatly to have a teacher who can actually manipulate energy. One also has to align themselves with the Divine. Sure one can get to a certain point (at least they think they can )without doing so. But beyond this point it must be so. One can not actually walk in the Wu Wei without doing so. So we must practice Listening and learn to walk in the Wu Wei in order to gain in Power.

Thank you for the above paragraph. This is really good advice. I particularly appreciate your mention of the distinction between wimpy qigong and real qigong; in my experience too many practices are passed off as being 'real qigong' when their effectiveness in terms of raising the vibrational energy and even promoting health through qi flow is appallingly low. A good example is "Tai Cheeee Dance", which paying no attention to zhan zhuang, proper stances in transition, body alignments, breath/movement coordination and training of Yi is a horrendous waste of time. The same can be said of similar diluted/corrupted practices that have their internal mind/body components and instructions thoroughly gutted out before being supplied sold to the public. Like an empty desktop case with all the hardware gutted out sold off as a real computer or pharmaceutical products that contain no active ingredients. The same can also be said of meditation practices that only tell you to 'just sit there' and 'be patient' without giving you the proper instructions on how to train your mind to achieve the meditation state (Wu Wei) that is supposed to be the object of the exercise.

Doing a lifetime of these practices will get you nowhere in your training. It will only make you more frustrated and disillusioned with your development. I agree completely that anyone seeking power or anything else for that matter should be mindful of choosing their practices carefully.

LOL

The thing is that there are many different "talents"; this test would only have meaning to someone with those particular talents but gives no useful info for people with other talents.

I guess it depends on one's definition of "psychic power"?

So I kind of debated a lot whether or not I should post this. It seems that psychic powers, the attainment of power, and perhaps more importantly, the usage of that power seems to be a very taboo topic in the realm of spiritual cultivation. It can inflate the ego, keep you attached to impermanent things, and keep you from being in "the flow".

I don't know how many other people here are like this, but pretty much the sole reason I wound up studying meditation, and continue to do so, is to attain various psychic powers and other siddhis. I don't see anything inherently wrong with them, and I don't see anything wrong with the pursuit of them. They are what they are. Will they help you get liberation? Probably not. Are they easy to abuse? Probably. But to that extent, they are no different from pretty much any other thing out there.

However, I don't know how many other people have noticed this, but finding a reliable method of doing so is tricky! Various people make various claims about the ability of themselves or others, but verifying those claims is tricky at best. I am not so concerned with verifying whether or not an individual has them- I believe them to exist, I believe them to be attainable, all I seek is a method that will work. Plenty of people out there make allusions to things, saying stuff like, "some people may experience such-and-such phenomena", but that to me sounds like a cheap advertising tactic- you bring up the subject, but as soon as someone asks about it you brush it under the rug, "oh well I can't say for certain", or, "well that doesn't happen in all cases, I can't make guarantees". Let's try and keep that stuff out of this thread :)

Sure, liberation from this endless cycle of rebirth sounds good, the eternal bliss of unity with the divine sounds good as well.... but first things first! Baby steps, you know?

Interesating to note that seekers who have attained siddhis don't pay any attention to them. I bet once you attain them you'll realise about their futility.

Let me illustrate with an example:

There was a young man who thought that by digging one hundred thousand holes he would become the strongest man on Earth. He did so day in and day out for 15 years. In the end he became so strong that when everyone asked him if he was the strongest man in the world, he simply replied: I don't care anymore.

Maybe he got tired of his pursuit, maybe there was something else during the process that caught up his attention and which he thought it was more important than pure strength. Who knows what mental process made him to change his mind but we know that in the end he didn't care.

Anyway, enjoy the ride in the meantime.

:)

Edited: typos.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Interesating to note that seekers who have attained siddhis don't pay any attention to them. I bet once you attain them you'll realise about their futility.

There was a young man who thought that by digging one hundred thousand holes he would become the strongest man on Earth. He did so day in and day out for 15 years. In the end he became so strong that when everyone asked him if he was the strongest man in the world, he simply replied: I don't care anymore.

Maybe he got tired of his pursuit, maybe there was something else during the process that caught up his attention and which he thought it was more important than pure strength. Who knows what mental process made him to change his mind but we know that in the end he didn't care.

I like your story because it is a very simple reduction of a complex topic that I find quite illuminating. Thanks for posting it.

Using your example, this is what I found:

When he starts out, (t=0) the man's goal is to be the strongest in the world. He has his training method that he is confident in (which is digging holes). He sets about his task with great determination and perseverence. I might add that he probably doesn't listen to anyone else and just focuses on what he is doing because in any society his training method will definitely draw attention and people will think he is crazy and start talking shit about how pointless/stupid it is.

We do not know how he progresses for the next 14 years (t=1 to t=14). We do not know about his rate of progress, whether he felt some doubt about his purpose or whether he started doubting his methodology. We DO know that he has NOT changed his goal as for this duration he is still doing the same thing as he was when he started (t=0), otherwise he would have already stopped.

We do know that after 15 years (t=15) he has achieved the goal he set out at t=0.

We also know that he no longer cares, or rather no longer sees the importance of having attained that goal.

BUT HE HAS ALREADY ATTAINED IT. HE WAS SUCCESSFUL IN WHAT HE SET OUT TO ACCOMPLISH.

He attained it through

- Having a clear idea about his goal

- Having a good methodology that he is confident in

- Maintaining diligence and perseverence no matter what

- Not listening to those who do not share his goals and have no interest in his progress towards them

- Just doing his thing until he no longer cares because he is far enough in his development that the original goal is not relevent anymore

From t=0 to t=14 it was very important for him that he does. AT t=15 it is irrelevent, but that is taking in to consideration the fact that he has already put in the hard work and gone the distance.

There is No Way this man is going to say his goal is irrelevant when he was at t=0, having done no training, and just starting out on his path. It follows that it make no sense to tell any man at t=0 that he shouldn't take the first step (and keep going) because by the time he gets to t=15 it is going to be irrelevent. It is almost a form of covert sabotage to make sure he doesn't set out in the first place and therefore ends up achieving Nothing.

He has to walk that path himself.

He has to Train

And Persevere to reach his own goal

And when he reaches it and finds its irrelevent, he makes a new goal for himself.

I think you missed my entry about close to 25/25 hits between the immediate card and the one-step-ahead precognition of the next card. I could abuse it in Las Vegas if I wanted to. Matter of fact, on a few occasions when I played the roulette at the casino, I always left slightly wealthier than I came... $100 tops, I never let myself go over that... tiptoed away because I know there's a crazy gambler sleeping inside curled three and a half times around the base of my shushumna and I wouldn't dare wake her up...:D --

so here's a minor but live example of having the power and not abusing it.

So I kind of debated a lot whether or not I should post this. It seems that psychic powers, the attainment of power, and perhaps more importantly, the usage of that power seems to be a very taboo topic in the realm of spiritual cultivation. It can inflate the ego, keep you attached to impermanent things, and keep you from being in "the flow".

I don't know how many other people here are like this, but pretty much the sole reason I wound up studying meditation, and continue to do so, is to attain various psychic powers and other siddhis. I don't see anything inherently wrong with them, and I don't see anything wrong with the pursuit of them. They are what they are. Will they help you get liberation? Probably not. Are they easy to abuse? Probably. But to that extent, they are no different from pretty much any other thing out there.

However, I don't know how many other people have noticed this, but finding a reliable method of doing so is tricky! Various people make various claims about the ability of themselves or others, but verifying those claims is tricky at best. I am not so concerned with verifying whether or not an individual has them- I believe them to exist, I believe them to be attainable, all I seek is a method that will work. Plenty of people out there make allusions to things, saying stuff like, "some people may experience such-and-such phenomena", but that to me sounds like a cheap advertising tactic- you bring up the subject, but as soon as someone asks about it you brush it under the rug, "oh well I can't say for certain", or, "well that doesn't happen in all cases, I can't make guarantees". Let's try and keep that stuff out of this thread :)

Sure, liberation from this endless cycle of rebirth sounds good, the eternal bliss of unity with the divine sounds good as well.... but first things first! Baby steps, you know?

What do you guys know, and are willing to share, about psychic powers and the acquirement of them? Anybody you know that you have seen, or perhaps even heard about, that can demonstrate these abilities? Or even better, anybody have any good methods for attaining them and are willing to share their insights or experiences?

I created a topic on this a few months back that came to the conclusion of:

1- What memories we have from past lives are those needed for survival.

2- To access these memories we must calm our minds with meditation.

Otherwise -

3- To use these mmories we need to be in a survival condition.

The memories of a billion lives are greater than one life.

Good luck with your wishing ! :lol:

It is funny you brought this up, I have recently had someone leave her cat with me to look after while she went away for a holiday. I have always liked cats and find it an interesting experience to have one as a roommate. However I don't know how much of an 'energy master' this particular cat is though, I find that more than anything, taking care of a cat is an exercise in patience and observation. Over the past week I learnt that a cat will only live in a way that is natural for it, the way it was created to do by Nature. Living with a cat means understanding this and establishing a working relationship with these principles while at the same time maintaining harmony between myself, the cat, and the environment (in this case my room, more specifically making sure the cat does not wreck my room). I know that this can apply to all animals but cats in particular are true to their original nature.

While I see this whole matter as a training opportunity, I do not particularly feel that the cat is 'an example of power'. Maybe it is just this particular cat, or there is another angle from which I haven't yet looked at the matter. As someone who also likes cats, would you care to elaborate on how cats relate to power? Anyone else on this forum who likes cats (and theres seems to be quite a few ^^), please feel free to give us your angle too!!

Hello Zhoupeng,

I'd say energy masters in the sense that they don't waste any energy, and are deeply in tune or aware of energy around them while doing what they need to do in relation to same.

As for power they are a little warrior/hunter which it takes many aspects of power to be. And no matter how tame many cats may get around the home when you look them eye they know who they are and what they are about, which includes the warrior/hunter spirit that is in them, backed up by their choice to use their claws and teeth or to withdraw same as appropiate.

What is power?

Is it a skill that you learn? Or is it more of a realization?

Connecting to all things as if they were an extension of yourself can lead to some interesting effects. Then maybe its not you the person that is making the even occur, but the "YOU" as a whole that works through the smaller representations.

Learn to control yourself and along the way, you may find that self control is infectious.

But who am I? Nobody. Just another song on the playlist of life!

Just finished reading this thread, it's a good one.

A couple of people have offered ways to get weird freaky powers, I suggest you take them up on that offer. I use to really hate it when people said get a teacher, but it made a BIG difference (to me) YMMV

I can't really help you, but this is what happened to me, I think it may resonate.

It always starts with a girl. 1991, university, doing a double degree, economics (for my dad) and computer science (fun for me). My girlfriend (yes D) had a roommate that did psychology and I started reading her textbooks. Economics was pointless, I never attended class, turned up to an exam once and recognized none of the questions. Was tempted to ask for more paper and write "I am a fish" but resisted the urge (points for guessing the TV series that jokes from) I thought this is pointless I'm reading textbooks and not doing the subject so talked my Dad into letting me change to psychology and computer science.

While doing psychology there was a section of the library that always had busted lights above it (perhaps it was a maintenance joke) it was the paranormal section. Apparently a few psychology students turn in this direction and I was one of them. After Uni while working in sales it was Golden Dawn, O.T.O, Bardon. If it was out there I was into it. Hooked up with some wiccans, they owned the bookstore in town that I was buying increasingly weird and expensive tombs through, and got into that. But hated nature (computer geek) and scared the crap out of myself actually having some things "Work" Was at a bit of a loss where to go, drifted....

Got sacked. Changed jobs. Friends at new job were into kung fu. I was back at uni doing music for fun part time. Realized I was never going to be really good at music and fat as (130kg) looking down the barrel of an early end to life. Friends recommended Tai Chi (2002) Tai Chi teacher also taught Kung Fu. Fixed up my health, yes it's boring, but my dad at 65 can't stand up long enough to cook dinner :( Health is a SERIOUS super power. Got into Buddhism for meditation but didn't really click with the people.

Found this place. Called myself a Taoist. Did a few different practices. Found Kunlun, really helped me. Currently doing KAP and can now break electrical appliances! Yesterday used my breathing to extend the fuel range of my motorcycle to avoid running out of petrol in the rain!

Am I delusional, well I've been trained in the scientific method and even I would say none of the above is verifiable (and I was there :) ) But perhaps none of it is verifiable. I once read that if you practice method "X" for, I think, 3 hours a day after 3 years of practice you will be able to move 60% of people with your empty force, but the remaining 40% are unaffected.

I loved the digging holes story. Once you can "Do it" it's just not worth talking about anymore. I can not do it yet... so I still talk.

I hope that rambeling was of some use Sloppy Zhang

Currently doing KAP and can now break electrical appliances! Yesterday used my breathing to extend the fuel range of my motorcycle to avoid running out of petrol in the rain!

ha! nice to hear that, you are a magician now. congrats on that. mucho fun fun fun.

also, re the thread as a whole.. what YaMu said.

re the question about cats and power.

cats arent bothered abut power. they are just themselves, ineluctably.

a cat who wants power is a neurotic cat whose territory has been threatened.

Hello Zhoupeng,

I'd say energy masters in the sense that they don't waste any energy, and are deeply in tune or aware of energy around them while doing what they need to do in relation to same.

As for power they are a little warrior/hunter which it takes many aspects of power to be. And no matter how tame many cats may get around the home when you look them eye they know who they are and what they are about, which includes the warrior/hunter spirit that is in them, backed up by their choice to use their claws and teeth or to withdraw same as appropiate.

Thanks for sharing your perspective regarding cats and power. I see what you mean and hopefully this can help me understand cats a little better.

also, re the thread as a whole.. what YaMu said.

re the question about cats and power.

cats arent bothered abut power. they are just themselves, ineluctably.

"Ineluctably", frankly because of my limited education I had to look that word up,

and it's cool. B)

...another thing about domestic cats, they may battle each other rather fiercly and wound each other but I've never seen them fight to the death, has anyone here ever seen that take place? (although in the wild bob cats and mountain lions may get into fights to the death with their own kind, I don't know?) (btw, domestic dogs sometimes fight to the death)

When in high school I took karate, and was really intense about it. I made my own makiwara, punched it a lot, did a lot of knuckle conditioning and conditioning all the other striking surfaces. I put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into it, I really wanted to get the "black belt", to be the best in the organization. It got to a point where I could fight on the same level with a lot of other black belts at the school, then I got out and sparred with people from other disciplines and got destroyed. The karate training at the school didn't help me at all. That's when I learned that "rank", that working towards that "black belt" really didn't matter, it wasn't about that.

But you know, I still had really well conditioned knuckles and other striking surfaces. When I sparred with people from other places, and even when I got into a few fights since then, I was really glad to have done all the conditioning, even though, in the long run, it didn't really matter.

Is strength everything? No. Is there a point to doing all that stuff for the sole sake of being "the best"? Not really.

Do I routinely enjoy the fruits of my labor? Hell yes.

So..... conditioned knuckles might not have made me (directly) a better person, they may not have shown me enlightenment, but they sure as hell help in a fight.

They shot another mountain lion where I live. This happens regularly. Starving, desperate, misplaced by urban developments, their territory shrunk to 1/10,000th of what it used to be and shrinking further constantly, they wander into the suburbs and immediately get shot. A cat whose territory has been threatened is not neurotic, merely aware. The one who is desperate enough to disregard this awareness of immediate and relentless threat from a more powerful party dies.

I cry every time it happens.

If instead of crying I could take some power away from the corporations and give it back to the mountain lions, I would, in a blink of an eye.

I want the power to stop the powerful from killing the powerless.

So shoot me.