Sloppy Zhang

Psychic Powers

So I kind of debated a lot whether or not I should post this. It seems that psychic powers, the attainment of power, and perhaps more importantly, the usage of that power seems to be a very taboo topic in the realm of spiritual cultivation. It can inflate the ego, keep you attached to impermanent things, and keep you from being in "the flow".

I don't know how many other people here are like this, but pretty much the sole reason I wound up studying meditation, and continue to do so, is to attain various psychic powers and other siddhis. I don't see anything inherently wrong with them, and I don't see anything wrong with the pursuit of them. They are what they are. Will they help you get liberation? Probably not. Are they easy to abuse? Probably. But to that extent, they are no different from pretty much any other thing out there.

However, I don't know how many other people have noticed this, but finding a reliable method of doing so is tricky! Various people make various claims about the ability of themselves or others, but verifying those claims is tricky at best. I am not so concerned with verifying whether or not an individual has them- I believe them to exist, I believe them to be attainable, all I seek is a method that will work. Plenty of people out there make allusions to things, saying stuff like, "some people may experience such-and-such phenomena", but that to me sounds like a cheap advertising tactic- you bring up the subject, but as soon as someone asks about it you brush it under the rug, "oh well I can't say for certain", or, "well that doesn't happen in all cases, I can't make guarantees". Let's try and keep that stuff out of this thread :)

Sure, liberation from this endless cycle of rebirth sounds good, the eternal bliss of unity with the divine sounds good as well.... but first things first! Baby steps, you know?

What do you guys know, and are willing to share, about psychic powers and the acquirement of them? Anybody you know that you have seen, or perhaps even heard about, that can demonstrate these abilities? Or even better, anybody have any good methods for attaining them and are willing to share their insights or experiences?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Awesome topic!

I was just musing on another thread that one of the keys to obtaining them on a dependable basis might be the ability to calm ego-noise while one is doing whatever the doing entails - otherwise risk reducing reliability of results. So the techniques themselves would have a built-in safety;-)

Awesome topic!

I was just musing on another thread that one of the keys to obtaining them on a dependable basis might be the ability to calm ego-noise while one is doing whatever the doing entails - otherwise risk reducing reliability of results. So the techniques themselves would have a built-in safety;-)

Interesting!

I was reading some books on chaos magick, and one of the phrases that came up was, "detached, but not disinterested" as a mindset to have when doing some sort of operation.

I kind of thought of it like going to the park and watching a little kids' football game or something. You sit and watch and enjoy it. But if your friend says, "hey let's go" you are easily able to walk away and not give too much thought as to the winner or the loser. You just like watching little kids trying to play football :lol:

Interesting!

I was reading some books on chaos magick, and one of the phrases that came up was, "detached, but not disinterested" as a mindset to have when doing some sort of operation.

I kind of thought of it like going to the park and watching a little kids' football game or something. You sit and watch and enjoy it. But if your friend says, "hey let's go" you are easily able to walk away and not give too much thought as to the winner or the loser. You just like watching little kids trying to play football :lol:

I guess it also depends on what you define as psychically miraculous.

Are you talking about intangible like telepathy, precognition, or tangibles like meditating in the snow and maintaining warmth (Tummo), or moving things with your mind?

Clarification may help a little bit.

I guess it also depends on what you define as psychically miraculous.

Are you talking about intangible like telepathy, precognition, or tangibles like meditating in the snow and maintaining warmth (Tummo), or moving things with your mind?

Clarification may help a little bit.

Telepathy, precog, and clairvoyance mostly. But some physical stuff like telekinesis (moving stuff with your mind) would be neat as well :)

"first things first", is love and working with meaning and fulfillment of all of our various dharmas, for without such - pursuit of powers are in vain, thus the types of powers mentioned are only a fringe benefit used to help accomplish that which is truly first things first...

my take anyway

"first things first", is love and working with meaning and fulfillment of all of our various dharmas, for without such - pursuit of powers are in vain, thus the types of powers mentioned are only a fringe benefit used to help accomplish that which is truly first things first...

my take anyway

Psychic powers for me aren't about trying to fix emotional problems or anything like that. For me, I know the emotional problems I have, I have to work through them.

I've made this analogy a few times, but here it is: it's like being really good at basketball. Being really good at basketball isn't going to solve any emotional or social problems you may have. And there are plenty of people who chase "abilities" in basketball all the time. A lot of people just don't ever amount to much. But there are people who get scholarships to go to college, go pro, get tons of money and fame, all from being really good at basketball. Will it solve their problems? Most likely not. If anything their problems will change, but the root will still be there.

It's a tool. It allows you to do certain things. Nothing more, nothing less. I agree with you that the real "first things first" should be what you said- but before enlightenment I'd like to enjoy some psychic abilities :) so in that sense, it's first on the list for me.

So I kind of debated a lot whether or not I should post this.

Thank You very much for deciding to do so; I too hold this topic very close to my heart and am very glad to see others come forward and discuss this in the spirit of openness and without undue prejudice.

finding a reliable method of doing so is tricky!

I believe that is because there are many methods to achieve the same type of things, they depend on the individual- some methods work better for certain whilst others don't seem to work at all. In my experience it is very important to constantly experiment to find methods or paradigms that resonate with you and enable you to progress in an enjoyable manner (as opposed to making you more stressed and frustrated - think cramming for exams). Persistent practice while maintaining a certain joy in what you do is the surest way towards achieving any human endeavour. In this respect I heartily recommend that you continue to pursue and research Chaos Magick. Having done so myself, its doctrine of the paradigm shift has helped me immensely in letting go of preconceived notions and reservations towards certain practices and ways of thinking that turned out to be very useful.

From my experience I find that specific abilities are more often than not the fruit of holistic practices that raise your general energetic level as a whole. Many qigong masters, yogis, meditators and religious people experience these phenomena due to the amount and time of practice they put in. When the abilities start becoming available (think - attaining a new 'class skill' when you level up in an rpg game) it is then possible to devote more time to working with a specific ability to hone your proficiency; however, this can only be done when you have already accessed the basic 'class skill' otherwise you will have nothing to build upon.

While there are numerous resources on how to develop clairvoyance or telepathy, the reason why their rate of success is not high is, in my opinion, mainly because they focus exclusively on the second step of honing proficiency, making the assumption that the ability is already available, which in the case of the average person, they are usually not. These books and programs often miss out or downplay the importance of the basic training practices such as:

- meditation and focusing intent

- maintaining a healthy energy flow in the body

- getting the nervous system and muscles to learn to relax

- basic physical practices such as stretching or yoga asanas coupled with breathing excercises to teach you to feel your body

- training you to recognize and control your emotions and natural impulses

These elements are very general fundamental guidelines that should be part of any system that aims at real results, in my opinion. They are not exciting, but without them the foundation for special abilities is impossible to build. Without the foundation, any specific practice simply wouldn't work, or even if it does, it will be flawed due to the user not having achieved the prerequisite general level energetic/mental training. There are many stories of people skipping out of the foundational methods and forcing themselves to train something like telepathy, and even getting some results, but quickly end up losing their power and being physically and energetically damaged in the process through forcefully running too high a current through a system that cannot take it.

Like you wrote in a previous thread, abilities are very much like shooting three pointers in basketball. I find that some people are naturally gifted at it, but everyone can train to improve their level given the right methods, and not everyone's three point shot will look the same technically or in terms of velocity, angle or arc.

I would just like to add that you have to first learn how to play basketball.

Thank You very much for deciding to do so; I too hold this topic very close to my heart and am very glad to see others come forward and discuss this in the spirit of openness and without undue prejudice.

Very glad to hear that! :)

I believe that is because there are many methods to achieve the same type of things, they depend on the individual- some methods work better for certain whilst others don't seem to work at all. In my experience it is very important to constantly experiment to find methods or paradigms that resonate with you and enable you to progress in an enjoyable manner (as opposed to making you more stressed and frustrated - think cramming for exams). Persistent practice while maintaining a certain joy in what you do is the surest way towards achieving any human endeavour. In this respect I heartily recommend that you continue to pursue and research Chaos Magick. Having done so myself, its doctrine of the paradigm shift has helped me immensely in letting go of preconceived notions and reservations towards certain practices and ways of thinking that turned out to be very useful.

Actually of all of the stuff that I have read and done, qigong and other daoist philosophies/methods seem to resonate the best with me. A little while ago I got into Franz Bardon's works, which were awesome in terms of comprehensiveness and a very specific method to achieving certain things- but for the life of me I just couldn't get into the system!

Unfortunately the amount of material available on qigong in terms of acquiring "abilities" isn't near the amount available from the western magick scene, so for that I'm a little sad :( not to get too far off topic, but I didn't like the chaos magick approach, at least not from what I have read of it, especially the "repression" of certain thoughts/emotions to build the energy for sigilization.... anyway, different topic!

From my experience I find that specific abilities are more often than not the fruit of holistic practices that raise your general energetic level as a whole. Many qigong masters, yogis, meditators and religious people experience these phenomena due to the amount and time of practice they put in. When the abilities start becoming available (think - attaining a new 'class skill' when you level up in an rpg game) it is then possible to devote more time to working with a specific ability to hone your proficiency; however, this can only be done when you have already accessed the basic 'class skill' otherwise you will have nothing to build upon.

Ah, nice way of putting it!

One thing that Bardon always emphasized, and I have seen it echoed in other qigong books and teachings (such as in B.K. Frantzis) is the notion of being in tune and having a unity with different layers of being. Bardon put it as physical-astral-mental, where the astral body, for example, perceives things perfectly on the astral realm, but someone who normally functions and is aware of only the physical is not going to perceive it. A large part of the process involves clearing out the gunk in your system that prevents transmission from your astral to your physical, but at the same time strengthening the astral to increase the senses. Again this seems to echo in various qigong methods.

While there are numerous resources on how to develop clairvoyance or telepathy, the reason why their rate of success is not high is, in my opinion, mainly because they focus exclusively on the second step of honing proficiency, making the assumption that the ability is already available, which in the case of the average person, they are usually not. These books and programs often miss out or downplay the importance of the basic training practices such as:

- basic physical practices such as stretching or yoga asanas coupled with breathing excercises to teach you to feel your body

These elements are very general fundamental guidelines that should be part of any system that aims at real results, in my opinion. They are not exciting, but without them the foundation for special abilities is impossible to build. Without the foundation, any specific practice simply wouldn't work, or even if it does, it will be flawed due to the user not having achieved the prerequisite general level energetic/mental training. There are many stories of people skipping out of the foundational methods and forcing themselves to train something like telepathy, and even getting some results, but quickly end up losing their power and being physically and energetically damaged in the process through forcefully running too high a current through a system that cannot take it.

Awesome observations! :)

I actually find it interesting that a lot of the "foundation" stuff is mentioned, but only briefly. For example, many people start with, "step 1: relax your body and clear your mind, step 2:....." but relaxing the body and clearing the mind is really hard! That's why after picking up a few books of "psychic" stuff I moved on to Zen- because I knew I had to get my mind cleared. But Zen is very, you know, straight and narrow, and don't worry about stuff that is illusory and isn't going to get you to enlightenment :lol:

Like you wrote in a previous thread, abilities are very much like shooting three pointers in basketball. I find that some people are naturally gifted at it, but everyone can train to improve their level given the right methods, and not everyone's three point shot will look the same technically or in terms of velocity, angle or arc.

I'm very happy you remembered that! :)

I would just like to add that you have to first learn how to play basketball.

Well put, very well put... how do you suggest one does so? Er, for psychic stuff, anyway :P

Telepathy, precog, and clairvoyance mostly. But some physical stuff like telekinesis (moving stuff with your mind) would be neat as well :)

These are normal processes that arise in kundalini development. Beginners begin to show right away when they start to practice but it takes awhile to develop some mastery. In the upper levels of shen gong it will also develop into skillful mastery.

Some have disagreed with me but these are normal human talents which have been conditioned or unlearned out of us to some degree. Some are born with these abilities and are even able to retain into adulthood. It is interesting to talk to these people because for them it is so normal to them they are surprised to find out that not everyone can do this.

My abilities tend to be most evident with those I am most intimate whether it be lovers, friends, or close students. Calling them psychic powers is like calling the ability to tie your shoe or whistle a psychic power. It's just something that takes practice or you can start working on opening your kundalini and they will become more self evident as all physical abilities including strength, intellect, etc become more enhanced with kundalini development.

i have no interest in developing them further. What I have is enough for me. A small example. When I was teaching KAP with Santi last week in London I had gone back to my hotel room and fallen deep asleep. Santi and I were to leave at 0900 in the am to catch the bus to go to downtown London to teach on Sunday. As I was laying in bed starting to awaken, Santi's face was right in my face smiling at me. Then the phone rang immediately when I was looking at his face and it was Santi saying, "Come on wake up! It's 9 o'clock! I am in the lobby." I told him what had just happened. He laughed but he said he wasn't trying to do that but it did happen. :ninja::)

oh and we were 15 minutes late getting to the seminar which is about how long it took me to get dressed and get down to the lobby.

Both Santi and I can move people with our mind and our chi. Does that count? ^_^ And in that weekend we were able to teach a few others the rudimentaries to do the same thing.

This is awesome, excellent advice:

We teach this in KAP but you can pick this up in any good system.

Psychic phenomena should never regarded as more than an incidental effect of one's spiritual aspiration; it should never be an end in itself. The literature is very clear about this. The ego can sieze hold of anything for its own narrow agenda, even spirituality. The majority never acquire the maturity to put these powers in their proper perspective, and I certainly include myself in the majority.

I'd dig up some quotes but I've loaned the bulk of my Toaist library to a client.

These are normal processes that arise in kundalini development. Beginners begin to show right away when they start to practice but it takes awhile to develop some mastery. In the upper levels of shen gong it will also develop into skillful mastery.

Some have disagreed with me but these are normal human talents which have been conditioned or unlearned out of us to some degree. Some are born with these abilities and are even able to retain into adulthood. It is interesting to talk to these people because for them it is so normal to them they are surprised to find out that not everyone can do this.

My abilities tend to be most evident with those I am most intimate whether it be lovers, friends, or close students. Calling them psychic powers is like calling the ability to tie your shoe or whistle a psychic power. It's just something that takes practice or you can start working on opening your kundalini and they will become more self evident as all physical abilities including strength, intellect, etc become more enhanced with kundalini development.

i have no interest in developing them further. What I have is enough for me. A small example. When I was teaching KAP with Santi last week in London I had gone back to my hotel room and fallen deep asleep. Santi and I were to leave at 0900 in the am to catch the bus to go to downtown London to teach on Sunday. As I was laying in bed starting to awaken, Santi's face was right in my face smiling at me. Then the phone rang immediately when I was looking at his face and it was Santi saying, "Come on wake up! It's 9 o'clock! I am in the lobby." I told him what had just happened. He laughed but he said he wasn't trying to do that but it did happen. :ninja::)

oh and we were 15 minutes late getting to the seminar which is about how long it took me to get dressed and get down to the lobby.

Both Santi and I can move people with our mind and our chi. Does that count? ^_^ And in that weekend we were able to teach a few others the rudimentaries to do the same thing.

This is awesome, excellent advice:

We teach this in KAP but you can pick this up in any good system.

Thanks for the great response.

Tying my shoes is the only psychic ability I've been able to repeat and know the causes behind :lol: and I know plenty of adults that can't whistle :(

I'd dig up some quotes but I've loaned the bulk of my Toaist library to a client.

Don't worry about the quotes, I believe you, I've heard that a lot in pretty much everywhere I look. And it's not that I disagree- it is a valid point to be made, and I agree.

But that's no different from, say, money. "For the love of money is the root of all evil" (1 Timothy 6:10- italics by me) not necessarily money in and of itself. I don't think having psychic powers is any different from having lots of money. You can be a great nice spiritual person and be super rich, and actively work to get lots of money. Just like you can do the same with psychic abilities, in my humble opinion.

The temptation is going to be there either way. Overcoming that would then be a matter of cultivating the proper character- but that (in my mind, at least) is separate from psychic stuff.

On top of that, there are all kinds of stories of yogis and other kinds of teachers who "go bad" and get drawn in with their power. If that power was a result of proper character cultivation, you'd think these people would lose their abilities quickly, right?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Thanks for the great response.

Tying my shoes is the only psychic ability I've been able to repeat and know the causes behind :lol: and I know plenty of adults that can't whistle :(

just takes time. here's a vid of Santi pushing and pulling people with chi which is some of the stuff we did and taught in London.

I have also seen Santi toss people around the room and couple of his students toss a person quite a few feet without touching them. I know how they do it. Santi taught me. I just have to practice now. We also teach that in KAP 3.

All the stuff is very simple to learn. The good stuff is. You just have to practice.

just takes time. here's a vid of Santi pushing and pulling people with chi which is some of the stuff we did and taught in London.

I have also seen Santi toss people around the room and couple of his students toss a person quite a few feet without touching them. I know how they do it. Santi taught me. I just have to practice now. We also teach that in KAP 3.

All the stuff is very simple to learn. The good stuff is. You just have to practice.

Pretty neat!

Pretty neat!

Let me give you an easy exercise to play with your friends. It will work better if you have some rudimentary chi sensing ability. It works with the heart chakra which is easier for people to start with.

Take two people and stand them about ten feet from and facing each other.

Have one person close their eyes.

The other person thinks warm, loving thoughts and images and sees them flowing out of their chest towards the person with their eyes closed.

If and when the other person feels something different...they are to walk towards you. When they don't, they should stop.

Stop thinking warm loving thoughts or cross your arm over your chest to symbolically shield your heart. They should stop or hesitate for a bit. Notice the expression on their faces and their subtle body movements during these exercises. They may deny that they are experiencing anything but their body language will show otherwise.

So open up your heart area again and see if the start walking towards you.

I can get students to follow me all over the room with their eyes closed even if they are more than 20 feet away. :) It is nice to play with someone who has really well developed sensing abilities so they can give good feedback and so you don't discredit your feelings or think you are crazy.

good luck

Let me give you an easy exercise to play with your friends. It will work better if you have some rudimentary chi sensing ability. It works with the heart chakra which is easier for people to start with.

Take two people and stand them about ten feet from and facing each other.

Have one person close their eyes.

The other person thinks warm, loving thoughts and images and sees them flowing out of their chest towards the person with their eyes closed.

If and when the other person feels something different...they are to walk towards you. When they don't, they should stop.

Stop thinking warm loving thoughts or cross your arm over your chest to symbolically shield your heart. They should stop or hesitate for a bit. Notice the expression on their faces and their subtle body movements during these exercises. They may deny that they are experiencing anything but their body language will show otherwise.

So open up your heart area again and see if the start walking towards you.

I can get students to follow me all over the room with their eyes closed even if they are more than 20 feet away. :) It is nice to play with someone who has really well developed sensing abilities so they can give good feedback and so you don't discredit your feelings or think you are crazy.

good luck

Thanks for the exercise :)

"On top of that, there are all kinds of stories of yogis and other kinds of teachers who "go bad" and get drawn in..."

A good foundation will prevent or mitigate a lot of possible trouble in that area, in other words if someone has a healthy, well rounded beingness and nature already established then even if they "go bad" to some degree they can still fall back on or probably not fall very far below such a foundation. But without having such a foundation and someone trys out some of this stuff and they "go bad", then the possibility to fall into hell realms is increased. (after which getting back to "normal" human life would be like heaven!!) That is why any truly spiritual teacher helps a student establish and keep their spiritual foundation before, during and after any other type of methods.

I know of falling personally.

If you are truly breathing every day properly and developing your Chakras & Dantiens you will have Psy stuff come up on its own with out effort.

There is no 'Secret" just DO.

Sit meditate Stand Meditate Walk Meditate Fuck Meditate Sleep Meditate Eat Meditate. The breath is the Glue in all those areas of your life.

Also I should note that the closer you get to the Source the easier things become. Which is why the "sages" say to just do and let the rest happen on its own.

Peace

Santi

Edited by Vajrasattva

Sit meditate Stand Meditate Walk Meditate Fuck Meditate Sleep Meditate Eat Meditate.

Santi

The 'fuck' part sounds good to me, is this in KAP 1 :D . But seriously, 'to ejaculate or not to ejaculate, that is the question'(I think shakespeare said that). I really wanna know, I'm highly confused about this whole retention thing.... personally I would go along the lines of 'sometimes, what the hell, it's Christmas after all!'.

To retain or not to retain?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

Very glad to hear that! :)

Actually of all of the stuff that I have read and done, qigong and other daoist philosophies/methods seem to resonate the best with me. A little while ago I got into Franz Bardon's works, which were awesome in terms of comprehensiveness and a very specific method to achieving certain things- but for the life of me I just couldn't get into the system!

Franz Bardon's system is very cool. It is probably the most systematic and integrated approach to western magick that anyone has ever come up with. But this strength is also its weakness; in being so structured and encyclopedic it has a tendency to be overwhelm people who are not already very experienced in the field - a bit like picking up a university textbook on something you know very little about. The best advice I can give for this is to read the text (Initiation in to Hermetics, not the other two) through from front to back a few times in a very chilled out state of mind without rushing or purposefully straining to commit anything to memory. This is to attune yourself to the material and develop a feel for the system. It should take a few months but don't worry, just consider it a part of your practice and aim to get a broad understanding of the system and how it is supposed to progress. After that, then begin with the mindfulness meditation in chapter one. The good news is: it is very similar to the Zen meditation you are already doing!! ^^

* I might add that for those who are more theurgically inclined, you can begin every practice session with a short mental dedication to Franz Bardon, thanking him for sharing his knowledge with people like us and asking him nicely to help guide you in the practice you are about to begin. Then thank him again afterwards when you are finished.

Unfortunately the amount of material available on qigong in terms of acquiring "abilities" isn't near the amount available from the western magick scene, so for that I'm a little sad :( not to get too far off topic, but I didn't like the chaos magick approach, at least not from what I have read of it, especially the "repression" of certain thoughts/emotions to build the energy for sigilization.... anyway, different topic!

I can assure you that there is no lack of methods out there and publically available. It is just that the real and usefultraining methods are downright boring and make absolutely no promises about achieving anything special. Being disease-free and having nice and flexible joints doesn't sound as sexy as being able to move stuff with your mind; it's just different packaging, that's all! ^^

To use my rpg analogy: Running around killing monsters and picking up health items in order to level up is tedious and a bitch. But I have never seen that never stop the serious gamer because the late game abilities and items are Worth It. Besides, if you don't progress in the game you won't get to see the later stages and all the storyline and quests that go with it :P

Methods can be eastern or western or shamanic or some kind of mixture. They all have their own purpose and if looked at objectively they can be pretty cool to experiment with because you can see them as tools designed for specific functions. It just so happens that due to cultural reasons eastern systems tend to emphasize health whilst western magick emphasizes creating and effecting phenomena. That's just the beginning but you really need both to be complete. Discard the ones that don't work for you or don't fit your objectives and keep the ones that do. When you have become more experienced you can make your own methods -like making your own workout schedule in the gym, where a bodybuilder's workout will differ radically from that of trialthele.

I will close with something you can try:

If you want to build a sigil using Chaos magick, try first doing some Zen meditation with some deep abdominal breathing to get in to a qigong/emptiness state of mind. Relax and do not Strain. Then focus on the paradigm of your choice and create your sigil with the energy that you have just built up and imbue it with a purpose fuelled by the focus you have just achieved from the meditation. Feel the sigil come in to being and let it do it's thing ^^

A thought came to my mind about this thread.

All the warnings but I have yet to meet someone in a cultivation class who has the internal development or the discipline to develop psychic powers that will make them dangerous to people. The worst I have seen happen is they either try to manipulate women sexually to get laid or they end up working on a psychic line or they start teaching seminars. :lol: . Having someone develop powers on that level and go all Darth Vader on someone's butt won't be found on this forum although they do exist out in the real world. :ninja:

So I would suggest just as you would want to improve your ability to lift greater weights or to be a better speaker just practice. Or you could just take KAP and it will evolve naturally.

Hey, you are sharing real secrets here: "* I might add that for those who are more theurgically inclined, you can begin every practice session with a short mental dedication to Franz Bardon, thanking him for sharing his knowledge with people like us and asking him nicely to help guide you in the practice you are about to begin. Then thank him again afterwards when you are finished."

Well said: "I can assure you that there is no lack of methods out there and publically available. It is just that the real and usefultraining methods are downright boring and make absolutely no promises about achieving anything special. Being disease-free and having nice and flexible joints doesn't sound as sexy as being able to move stuff with your mind; it's just different packaging, that's all! "

Dress it up in a Darth Maul robe and have an appropriately black and darkly somber website and you will have a lot of acolytes wearing guyliner beating down your door to learn.

Certain sounds and their connotations attract different types of beings and there is spiritual science to this area. Usage of the F word tends to attract demonic powers. Btw, hot shots are apparently to bold to care about this, which to them must be a silly point...

Om