fiveelementtao

Spirit Fighting Training

Numerous people from TTBs have contacted me with questions about Spirit Fighting training. So, to save repeating emails and for anyone else from TTB's interested, I will paste one of the email responses here.

Again, my thanks to all who sent me encouraging PMs and emails... I won't be monitoring this thread, so any one with further questions can PM me or email me...

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks for your interest...

Are you a kunlun student? If not, get Max's Kunlun book. If so, you can get a headstart by practicing Five Element postures as laid out in the Kunlun book and golden flower meditation #1 everyday. The exercises on my Celestial Nei Kung DVDs are very helpful in grounding the spirit fighting energies so, if you learn those exercises, that also will save some time. Usually when someone comes to me to learn Spirit Fighting I teach them all that stuff first in one or two visits. So, Practicing from the book and DVDs will save you lots of time and money... If you are looking for a moving qigong form, I highly recommend Michael Winn's Wuji Gong (Tai Chi for Enlightenment) as it helps to balance out the intensity of the Mao Shan energy.

To prepare for spirit fighting training, start practicing Five Element standing postures and Golden Flower #1 everyday in the morning. Practice whatever other practices you want in the afternoon or evening (tai chi, Ba Gua, Yi quan, Qigong etc..as long as they don't clash with Mao Shan. Ask me if you are not sure) and then practice the celestial Nei Kung at night or before bed...

(for Kunlun students, anything that Max teaches is of course welcome as the energies of Kunlun and spirit fighting are from the same lineage.)

If you have already practiced that stuff, when you come out, we can get started immediately with the Five Element Spirit Fighting forms...

To train in spirit fighting, I require a minimum of three days per visit. I only work privately with people and my rates are $300 per day.

There are six levels to the spirit fighting including numerous levels of nei kung, mudras, mysticism, weapons training and healing.

I require a 10% non-refundable deposit via check or paypal in order to put you on the schedule.

Please avoid mixing any other intense Nei Kung or Kundalini type of exercises or other practices that require movement of energy with breath, Chi packing (Mo Pai), locks and intense visualization etc... Mao Shan exercises will intensify the power of anything else you do and as such, it is very easy to blow a gasket if mixed with the wrong stuff.

So, there it is...

If you are interested, give me a call and we can make arrangements. If you are still not sure, you can check out the materials I suggested and see if it is something you want to do...

Feel free to contact me with any questions...

For those not interested in Spirit Fighting, but are interested in advanced Celestial Nei Kung, there are multiple levels of that also, that I only teach in person. For celestial Nei Kung, I am open to teaching small group seminars. The pre-requisites for that are the same as stated above..

Blessings and peace to all,

Mike

For those not interested in Spirit Fighting, but are interested in advanced Celestial Nei Kung, there are multiple levels of that also, that I only teach in person. For celestial Nei Kung, I am open to teaching small group seminars. The pre-requisites for that are the same as stated above..

Mike

Just curious what the promised endgames are for these 2 arts?

For example, with Kunlun it is the fabled "Gold Dragon Body" jalus.

With more traditional Chinese neidan, it is the opening of the microcosmic/macrocosmic orbits, chong mai (kundalini)...and eventually a yang shen jalus.

Indian systems usually include the kundalini awakening and "enlightenment."

Many "milder" qigong forms simply promise better health and longevity.

(Now these overgeneralizations may be abbreviated and not entirely accurate, but I just meant them as examples.)

The question being what goals do Maoshan Spirit Fighting & Celestial Nei Kung specifically aim towards or promise?

Edited by vortex

Numerous people from TTBs have contacted me with questions about Spirit Fighting training. So, to save repeating emails and for anyone else from TTB's interested, I will paste one of the email responses here.

Again, my thanks to all who sent me encouraging PMs and emails... I won't be monitoring this thread, so any one with further questions can PM me or email me...

Thanks,

Mike

Mike

Five Element Tao,

Thank you for this awesome post. I am trying to work out a routine based on Max's Kunlun book. Not really into fighting spirits or anyone for that matter, would would still benefit from your advice. Here's what I get from your post:

1. Mornings: Five Element and Golden Flower

2. At Noon: Practice Any Qigong.

Here is where I have my silly doubts. I apologize for the silly queries right here. :D

What works with Kunlun? Spring Forest and Falun Gong? Sometimes I also do Frangrance Qigong and Five elements. How about Kundalini yoga and chanting mantras? When you say don't mix, does it mean absolutely don't mix or its okay to do them at different times?

3. When do you do actual Kunlun here? And also Red Phoenix? Nights, morning, any preferred times?

4. I Jong and Traveling hands are two other things in the book (Red Sun seems a little too intense for me). Would you recommend these as well?

Thank you Mike :)

Edited by senseikarma

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder, if you have questions directed specifically for me, please email or PM me. I do not want to engage in any public forum discussions for the time being. IME, if someone has a serious question they will be willing to put it in an email. If any of my students or those who have my DVDs want to put in their .02, please feel free. I will not be monitoring anyone's opinions or experiences. I plan on posting regular little vids of some of my favorite practices. but, outside of that,I am taking a vacation from any public forum interaction. Anyone else who feels like reminding people to email me with honest questions. It is appreciated. I am going to be observing radio silence starting..... now... (static)

Blessings,

Mike

Just curious what the promised endgames are for these 2 arts?

For example, with Kunlun it is the fabled "Gold Dragon Body" jalus.

With more traditional Chinese neidan, it is the opening of the microcosmic/macrocosmic orbits, chong mai (kundalini)...and eventually a yang shen jalus.

Indian systems usually include the kundalini awakening and "enlightenment."

Many "milder" qigong forms simply promise better health and longevity.

(Now these overgeneralizations may be abbreviated and not entirely accurate, but I just meant them as examples.)

The question being what goals do Maoshan Spirit Fighting & Celestial Nei Kung specifically aim towards or promise?

Hi Vortex,

mind sharing the answers you might have gotten?

Well I think the answer is pretty obvious: one is to fight ghosts and demons, the other is to ascend to heaven

something for the right brain to process:

johnladder.jpg

Hi Vortex,

mind sharing the answers you might have gotten?

Mike surprised me with a VERY powerful, detailed and informative response:
"What can I expect from Spirit Fighting or Celestial Nei Kung?"

I have been asked this question numerous times and I am still having difficulty responding. It is a very personal experience and I followed this path because I felt a spiritual calling to it. I never really thought about what the end goal was until long after I was on the path. I suppose I should formulate an advertising slogan.

First off, I don't promise anything like Golden Dragon body or any other super powers. It should be remembered that these things are not something one can order on demand. If this is in someone's destiny the immortals will lead one and teach one the methods necessary to achieve these things. If one is not destined for this and has all the "secret' knowledge necessary, it won't work. If one IS destined for these things, one does not need any teacher, the Universe will provide the tools even if you are alone in a cave.

"What are the differences between what I teach and Max?"

This is a strange question for me, because Max is my lineage brother. So, I don't see myself as separate to him. I sought him out, because he had exercises from my lineage I did not have. So, for me, what I teach is part of the same overall system. I am not competing with my brother in any way. I consider him my elder and one of my teachers. He has been very humble and kind and won't allow me to call him Sifu. He treats me like a friend and an equal. Out of respect for him, I call him my friend. But, let it be known that I consider him my elder in the Mao Shan arts and I am grateful to have found him. I spent years searching for others in our lineage, so when I found him, I was very grateful. When he taught me RP, I felt the Mao Shan energy and began weeping because I had been searching for it for so long time. He gives these things away so freely and I see many people taking it for granted. For me, I would have paid thousands to learn it. He and I learned different things from our tradition but my goal has always been to reunite the art. This is how I see it. Max had no interest in the Spirit Fighting and I had little access to the Nei Kung. Many of you who have trained with Max know more than I do. I am not competing with anyone... I am simply trying to put the pieces of the original art back together. Max still knows far more than I do and knows far more than he lets on and I still hope to learn as much as I can from him in the future...

What is Shang Ch'ing?

What I teach is directly from or derived from Shang Ch'ing Taoist Arts. Shang Ch'ing refers to one of the highest heavens and in one translation is called the "Heaven of Pure Energy". This is the realm that the Shang Ch'ing arts tap into and this is what you channel into your being when you practice these arts. The Shang Ch'ing School was started by Lady Wei who had studied with the sect of the celestial masters and became an immortal. She appeared to others after her ascension and her teachings were the start of the Shang Ch'ing path. But if we trace our lineage back through her, Mao Shan has it's roots in the first official Religious Taoist Sect in China.. Shang Ch'ing is Mao Shan by definition, however, not all Mao Shan is Shang Ch'ing. Many other schools would go to the mountain and learn lower level teachings and come back and call it Mao Shan. Many frauds simply took the name trying to use the reputation. This is where Mao Shan got it's reputation as black magic. When the emperors would persecute Taoists and buddhists throughout the centuries, many Taoist sects would bring their scriptures to Mao Shan for safe keeping, because they knew no one would mess with Shang Ch'ing spirit fighters. So, many sects claim their arts are from Mao Shan, but in reality, it just means that their scriptures were housed there for a time. What is being taught on the mountain now has no connection to the original Shang Ch'ing. The priests there were all educated by the Communist Gov't in Beijing. I have spoken with a current disciple from the post WWII Mao Shan mountain. I asked him to ask the priests about certain meditations that any Shang Ch'ing practitioner would know and they knew nothing about it. So, the Shang Ch'ing arts as they were in the old days are gone forever. What I am doing is sharing what I have learned and I am also learning from the immortals new methods they want to share. So, I am still learning. I am not a master and I am not the most powerful, by any means. I have been asked to teach, so I do. It was not my idea. I have paid a huge price for choosing to go public and I still struggle with the idea...

So, my nei kung has the same overall goal as other Shang Ching arts which is to help one achieve their highest destiny and ultimately, (if one is called to it) to transform you into a celestial immortal. I don't promise that nor do I claim that is my destiny. I am only sharing what I know because I have been asked to do so. I have been told by my guides that all energetic training, regardless of what school is designed to train your spirit for your destiny in heaven. We are all training for positions of service in the afterlife. Some are healers, some teachers, some protectors etc... The main purpose for practicing any Shang Ch'ing arts IMO is to simply a desire to fulfill one's spiritual destiny.

SPIRIT FIGHTING

The Spirit Fighting is a Shamanic art that traces talismans with the hands and feet, which when done properly will call down celestial powers into the body. This power is very concentrated and as a result it acts like a talisman to drive away evil. It also acts like a lightning rod to infuse the practitioner with divine power.

There are three ways to practice this art

1) In a modified form, it is a powerful internal martial art designed for fighting humans.

2)When done properly it is a powerful cleansing practice that will cleanse areas of negative entities and will help the practitioner face their "demons."

3)at the highest levels with weapons it will transform the individual on an energetic level and can be used as a powerful healing energy, shamanic channeling and for dispelling very strong evil entities.

It is not for everyone, if one is not meant for it, it will drive you away. One should not practice this unless they are dedicated to facing their unconscious garbage and dedicated to a life of spiritual service. No one who uses mind altering chemicals should even consider this art, it will break you... The spirit fighting energy is absolutely ruthless. (as you all saw in my recent outburst.) and it will mercilessly bring your inner demons to the forefront and you will be forced to deal with them without any screens of denial. I have spent many nights in the fetal position feeling the full effects of my own emotional limitations... In the wrong hands, this art has the power to turn one into a Darth Vader, (some of you know what I'm talking about).

My celestial Nei Kung was created by me because I felt a need to come up with exercises that helped ground the Shang Ch'ing energies. If one is on a mountain, it's OK to shoot up into the ethers and stay there, but for us modern folk we need a way to tap into the Shang ch'ing energies and still be able to work a job, raise a family etc... My goal with Celestial Nei Kung is to provide a powerful and yet safe way to tap into the Shang Ch'ing energy and for those of already practicing advanced Shang Ch'ing techniques, it helps ground the energies so we can still function on this human plane. For many, the DVDs are enough. For others called to the more advanced stuff like Spirit Fighting, it is a safe way to help people acclimate to the power of the spirit fighting. I jumped immediately into the deep end and I had a very hard time functioning in the "real world.", with celestial Nei kung, people can wade in through the shallow end first...

IME, many of my students are already masters in other arts, but were still "missing something" IME, Shang Ch'ing arts can fill that hole...

For those looking for more info on the Shang Ch'ing path, I recommend two books:

1) The Method of Holding the Three Ones by Poul Andersen. (Out of print, but if you look you can find it)

2) The Way of Highest Clarity by James Miller

So, that is the best I can explain it. If anyone has any doubts, I suggest trying the level 1 DVD.

Hope that answers peoples' questions. Thanks for your interest,

Blessings and Peace to all...

Mike

Makes sense...thank you! *deep bow*

Mike surprised me with a VERY powerful, detailed and informative response:Makes sense...thank you! *deep bow*

[...]So, the Shang Ch'ing arts as they were in the old days are gone forever [...]

You are a nice guy and I guess sincere in your opinions but totally deluded, Mike, as you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

I suggest you to move around a bit, especially in China and the Far East, and then let us know if Mao Shan Pai has ANYTHING to do with what you practice and teach and if it is 'gone forever'.

And by the way, 'shamanism' and Mao Shan Pai could NEVER go together as Shangqing has long ago belonged to the 'corrected' group of schools that took the distance from those early popular practices. But again, you don't know anything else apart from what you might have read in a couple of books.

YM

Edited by YMWong

I would like to thank Mike for putting in the time and effort to provide a detailed description of his system.

I also thank Vortex for kindly sharing it with us, I for one really appreciate it!

You are a nice guy and I guess sincere in your opinions but totally deluded, Mike, as you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

I suggest you to move around a bit, especially in China and the Far East, and then let us know if Mao Shan Pai has ANYTHING to do with what you practice and teach and if it is 'gone forever'.

And by the way, 'shamanism' and Mao Shan Pai could NEVER go together as Shangqing has long ago belonged to the 'corrected' group of schools that took the distance from those early popular practices. But again, you don't know anything else apart from what you might have read in a couple of books.

YM

"But again, you don't know anything else apart from what you might have read in a couple of books."

YM Wong

This is so blatantly disrespectful that it takes my breath away. You think 5ETao only knows what he read in book. Now I am thinking you are projecting your situation onto him. You only know what you read in a couple hundred books apparently.

Over and over again you have expressed your opinion about Maoshan and Shangqing as well as Shamanism and how it is not connected to your understanding of proper Taoism.

What do you know about 5ET's EXPERIENCE-TRAINING-ACCOMPLISHMENTS-APPRENTICESHIPS- TEACHERS-TEACHING....etc.

It is very clear that he speaks not from book learning but from a much broader perspective.

Your response so obviously disregards 5ET's background as to make me wonder, again, what is your agenda.

Why are you the self appointed expert on Mao shan pai and Shangqing.

No wonder our 5ET has taken a break -again- from this forum.

Craig

YM Wong

This is so blatantly disrespectful that it takes my breath away. You think 5ETao only knows what he read in book. Now I am thinking you are projecting your situation onto him. You only know what you read in a couple hundred books apparently.

Craig,

you are totally entitled to think anything pleases you about me.

When people put together a couple of qigong sets picked up here and there and label them "Kunlun" or "Leishandao" it dsoesn't fit my taste but, as long as people likes them, well ... it's all good ...

But if one claims affiliation in a real sect then it's a different story, and 5ETao's stuff have NOTHING to do with Maoshan Shangqing.

Ask him what generation does he belong to and what generation name does he hold, or ask him where and when he has been to China, Taiwan or the chinese world to know that "Maoshan Pai is gone forever" - so now who is being disrespectful ?

Ciao

YM

I can't believe this is what you spend your time doing. "Spirit Fighting"? Powers? Oh my. Taoism is

a way to LIVE in the world, the material world, not hide from it with fantastical thinking.

In case no one ever told you, fighting is an athletic endeavor that requires strength, conditioning and

will power; the only people who fight ghosts are the ghostbusters. Just sayin'