Sign in to follow this  
Raz

Knowing vs feeling

Edit: Delete please

Edited by Mal
topics merged :)

Hi Raz,

Nice subject, I think.

Yes, there are things we know with our rational brain and there are things we just know bcause we feel those things.

And yes, other people and other animals as well send energy that we can feel without anyone saying a word.

I suppose that this is a result of the energy of the universe. I don't know if I can say I feel my cup of tea though. (Perhaps my energy receptors aren't as good as they once were. Hehehe.)

Peace & Love!

Raz -- that is awesome. I never "felt"? that about the Swedish language -- I meant I never knew that but you get what I mean! haha. I found this book comparing Minnesota culture to Swedish and the amazing similarities -- for example body language (more distance while talking) --- saying thanks all the time -- stuff like that. Of course Minnesota - at least the Twin Cities -- is much less Swedish and more Latino! haha. Anyway thanks for sharing. The culture seems to arise from the ecology -- the weather and such but still the sound of language expresses the feeling. That Daniel Tammet is big on this -- the famous savant of the U.K. -- how phronesia or something. Anyway how the sound of words actually expresses its visual shape -- which gets to the connection between tactile sensation and sound -- it's called proprioreception. There's a secret technology in the U.S. called the "brainport" which converts all senses to proprioreception which is the neural sensation of feeling touch.

You cant spell "know" without "no"...

In sweden, if someone is to say; I know Jakub… “Jag känner Jakub”

the direct translation is; I feel Jakub…

What is lost, at the moment, is a general recognition that everybody feels everybody. The meaning of “I feel you” is confused with a history of this person… We need no history to feel eachother… All we need is to recognize the truth of our universal conection…

it is vital that we let the illusion of knowing disolve and make space for the dynamic flow of feeling…

I do not know you… I dont know me… I dont know the cup of tea…

I feel you… I feel me… I feel the cup of tea…

Edited by drewhempel

My feelings are certainly something I'm trying to pay more attention to and follow. Coming from an academic background I often need to know how things work before I believe it. i.e. I need to confirm my original feelings are "real/correct" with by checking with learnt facts. I'm finding that sort of mindset increasingly restrictive.

I was watching a Billy Connolly interview where he was talking about how he realized that there are some things that he gets (understands) and some thing he doesn't get.

" I use to think, why don't I understand that? There is no Why. There only is an "is", and an "isn't". You know what I mean? "

You understand and resonate with something if it's meant to be for you. Otherwise just let it go it, move on, it's not meant to be your thing.

In fairness he continues to say forget about why and focus on how so my quote is a bit out of context :lol: But I just really liked

There only is an "is", and an "isn't"

Yes. Very cool thread. I feel:

- the difference in the "vibe" between cities (traveling is a great way of "getting it" it's so clear IMO)- it feels like a sound I can't hear audibly (although some cities have that too;-))

- when i need to stop the cold water running into the bathtub (so it won't be too cold!)- practical;-) I'm assuming it's based on the sound of the volume filling up and some other stuff related to temperature that I'd need to go dig into the physics books to explain. Or maybe something less boring ;-)

- when someone is saying something towards an end other than the content of what they're saying. Probable simple discrepancy between tone of voice and words. People know when they're lying. Someone who actually believes what they're saying would probably pass me by on this one (oh wait! they do;-))

- when an office space reveals a "good" place to work (or not) or when a home feels like a "good" place to live. All kinds of stuff.

I think lots of people do it and just don't really make much of it. Not all of it is spectacular but it's certainly helpful. I'd like to get better at it. For example, when it comes to "feeling" things that I don't have a direct live experience with, the risk (still for now) is that I might get it mixed up with what I want to be the case. Or to the contrary, that I actually get it right but that I don't like or don't want to believe it is what it is.

Hence reducing ego-noise being a pre-cursor to expression of siddhi ;-) No I don't KNOW if it's that but it could be.

Of course, getting it wrong is also always a possibility :)

I'd like to get better at it. For example, when it comes to "feeling" things that I don't have a direct live experience with, the risk (still for now) is that I might get it mixed up with what I want to be the case. Or to the contrary, that I actually get it right but that I don't like or don't want to believe it is what it is.

Hence reducing ego-noise being a pre-cursor to expression of siddhi ;-) No I don't KNOW if it's that but it could be.

Of course, getting it wrong is also always a possibility :)

Yeah, there is always the possibility that if we try to nurture a capability like this we will start putting our expectations into the event and we will start having illusions and delusions.

But I do agree that it would be really nice, and even helpful, if we were able to increase our receptability of the energies of the universe without adding or subtracting from what was received.

I like that concept - "reducing ego-noise".

Peace & Love!

Learning to trust what you feel is something I am practicing all the time. It seems to be something lost in society cause of the need for higher education, but following what you feel is following what you know even if you don't know it yet and that is a way to gain true knowledge instead of just studying a book. Its easier for females to follow their feelings than males cause we are naturally chaotic which is also why we are great multitaskers. Kinda why it took 15min to type this and I forgot what else I was going to say lol.

Raz you feel like a wolf ^_^

Sign in to follow this