Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

The first yoga mats?

So I was wondering what were the first yoga mats i know way back when they used tiger skins but are thouse the first or did they use something different before that? Also does one really need a yoga mat or could one do with out?

So I was wondering what were the first yoga mats i know way back when they used tiger skins but are thouse the first or did they use something different before that? Also does one really need a yoga mat or could one do with out?

Damn.. tiger skins lol

I just use an old towel ^_^

I guess that makes me cheap :unsure:

Edited by effilang

Damn.. tiger skins lol

I just use an old towel ^_^

I guess that makes me cheap :unsure:

No it makes you practical. :lol:

I use a tan cotton OM yoga mat. ;)

Guest paul walter

So I was wondering what were the first yoga mats i know way back when they used tiger skins but are thouse the first or did they use something different before that? .

The surface of the earth. Paul

The surface of the earth. Paul

I have a sheepskin. The surface of the earth can be hard on your hair.:lol:

If I had a time machine, I'd go back to my childhood, to my great-aunt's place, and try to convince her to give me her polar bear hide, in exchange for whatever she wants from me. (It was many -- don't know how many -- square feet wide and covered most of the floor of a sizable room, and was complete with the head, amber pieces for the eyes, mouth wide open with all the enormous teeth showing, paws, claws, everything. I was terrified of that thing as a child, I wonder if I would do better now... but for a yoga mat, it would be incredible... it had such uncanny balance of extreme yin/extreme yang -- it ionized you... plus it was a gift of the heart -- the man who killed the bear asserted the bear came to him to sacrifice himself for an offering to my great-aunt for saving his son's life: the boy was going to die, she was a pediatrician and she managed to save him... the bear may have helped... I wish I knew where to look for that bearskin today...)

Sign in to follow this