lightminefire

how to gather yin chi

Hi everybody

I always wonder how one would gather yin chi. I'm still newbie at this and hope someone can enlightened

me on this.

How does one cultivate yin chi and where do you store it?

Would you store in hui yin?

Hui yin is scrotum???

Thank you for your time.

May Peace be with you :D

That is a great question.

John Chang's student -Kosta Danaos- talks about yin energy representing (among many many other things) sleep, water, metal and in a broader sense, our reptilian-brain connection to the "collective unconscious" or underlying hum of the universe. I remember in one of the books he talks about seated-meditation in a cave. He says both the close location to the iron-rich earth and the nearby water helps access the yin energy.

Higher minds will weigh-in here, I hope. Still going by Kosta (and therefore Mo-Pai) he does say the yin center is the hui-yin, basically the scrotum. Now I'm wondering the same thing you are here. Most of what he talks about is how to "store" up yang chi in the Dan Tien. But he never makes a reference to "storing" anything with yin energy. In my interpretation (which is dangerous) it seems like yin is more about connecting to that subtle "river" and strengthening how it flows through you. I have no idea how to do that and hope more people post! I also seem to remember somewhere that having direct contact between the hui-yin and the ground is necessary.

Again, great question.

-Ryan

Hi everybody

I always wonder how one would gather yin chi. I'm still newbie at this and hope someone can enlightened

me on this.

How does one cultivate yin chi and where do you store it?

Would you store in hui yin?

Hui yin is scrotum???

Thank you for your time.

May Peace be with you :D

I agree, for all the ideological mental masturbation here, it's these fundamental "real world" questions that really HIT HOME.

I wish I knew too. I am just learning to feel qi, much less being able to distinguish between yin & yang qi and the actual properties/functions of both.

I do know that yang qi is used more to purify in healing and in neidan to create the yang shen light body. However, I am not too clear on what yin qi is for? Or how to tell the difference between or cultivate either?

orbit.jpg

The Hui Yin isn't the scrotum, it is the Perineum.

The testicles biologically have a lower temperature than the rest of the body so i assume they contain cool Yin Qi.

The cool Yin Qi can be cooked to heat in the Lower Dan Tien and circulated up the spine as hot Yang Qi.

The Yin Qi can also be drawn up from the testicles through the perineum up the spine before being cooked/heated.

I assume that a Yin environment and Yin interactions will all contribute to more Yin.

Meditating outside, keep contact with the ground, be around water.

Also there are some cautions regarding sitting directly on the earth with the Hui Yin ie: lotus, such that the raw Yin Qin may be hard to process without first being filtered, regulated by the legs yin meridians.

I would advise standing meditation with the feet rooted for the first 100 days to help condition the body's receptiveness to increased Yin Qi through the feet and meeting at the Perineum before doing meditation on the bare earth with the Hui Yin touching the ground.

It may not yield any negative results, in fact it may be beneficial, but i have learned the hard way that the Perineum is a very delicate point in the body, both physically and energetically and is best conditioned gradually.

Many advise to practice outside to build Yin Qi.

What i have yet to understand is the points at which Yin Qi/Jing convert to Yang Qi/Jing. Does Yang Qi flow in a Yin Meridian or is it converted at a certain center first before branching into a Yin meridian and vice-versa. I am curious ^_^

Can someone elaborate on how Yin/Yang Qi is converted at certain energy points before branching off into an opposite Yin/Yang meridian, or do Yin and Yang flow in each other's meridians regardless of their polar designation?

Edited by effilang
  • Like 2

Thanks for the response.

First 100 days...how do you define a day? Storing up Jing and doing "embracing the tree" for 100 days or...doing the Microcosmic Orbit for 100 days or...? I have read the traditional "100 days" is so many places/books...but what does it mean in layman's terms?

Also, what should we be looking for with yin chi? With yang it feels hot, wants to rise, and is associated with sexuality. But what should we be looking for with yin chi?

Thanks again. Great image the main points/ micro-cosmic orbit...although I have no idea how to effectively practice the MCO. (mostly Zhan Zhuang here, but always willing to do new things :)

Thanks again

First 100 days...how do you define a day? Storing up Jing and doing "embracing the tree" for 100 days or...doing the Microcosmic Orbit for 100 days or...? I have read the traditional "100 days" is so many places/books...but what does it mean in layman's terms?

It is an average period established through history as the necessary time required to nurture, warm and cook/heat the Qi in the Lower Dan Tien. When the water in the pot boils it will spill and rise up. So all you have to do; your job... Is to still the mind and concentrate on the LDT.

Dan means Elixir, Tien means field. When we start the Tien is empty, like a farmers plot.

You must use the Yi (Intent/Will/Focus) to plant the "Dan" in the "Tien" - by stilling the mind.

When you plant the seed with Yi, and water it daily for about 100 days your Tien (field) will bear fruit and the heat will grow. When the heat fills the belly and the pot fills, it will naturally spill, this spilling causes the Qi to start circulating the orbit.

Also, what should we be looking for with yin chi? With yang it feels hot, wants to rise, and is associated with sexuality. But what should we be looking for with yin chi?

You shouldn't look for anything. If you do you will manifest false sensations.

Everything begins from nothing. When we plant the mind and will (Yi) in "nothing", creation takes place. Clear your mind. Clear your emotions. Clear you wants. Clear your expectations.

Want nothing as you nurture the belly and you will get everything. The Qi grows when you feed it nothing. So calm the body, calm the mind, regulate the breath and the Yi will bear fruit.

Thanks again. Great image the main points/ micro-cosmic orbit...although I have no idea how to effectively practice the MCO. (mostly Zhan Zhuang here, but always willing to do new things

Nurture the belly first and when the Belly (cauldron) fills the Qi will spill down then sexual center >> perineum >> coccyx/sacrum >> ming men and up the spine to the top of the head, down the front of the face. Make sure you keep the tongue against the upper pallet to allow the Qi to flow down the front channel. When the tongue touches the upper pallet behind the teeth, it connects the Ren Mai and Du Mai channels (Governing and Conception Vessels)

Try this information: Download |Taoist Alchemy Initiation|

And don't forget to honor the authors.

Edited by effilang
  • Like 1

It is an average period established through history as the necessary time required to nurture, warm and cook/heat the Qi in the Lower Dan Tien. When the water in the pot boils it will spill and rise up. So all you have to do; your job... Is to still the mind and concentrate on the LDT.

Nurture the belly first and when the Belly (cauldron) fills the Qi will spill down then sexual center >> perineum >> coccyx/sacrum >> ming men and up the spine to the top of the head, down the front of the face. Make sure you keep the tongue against the upper pallet to allow the Qi to flow down the front channel. When the tongue touches the upper pallet behind the teeth, it connects the Ren Mai and Du Mai channels (Governing and Conception Vessels)

Have you heard anywhere of how many HOURS PER DAY are assumed in these 100 day "bootcamps?" That can make a HUGE difference in practice time, yet I haven't found that info anywhere yet...?

The lower dantian is a hub where all 8 extraordinary channels (which includes the Du & Ren Mai) connect to...which then connect to the 12 main meridians. So, the idea is that as you fill the dantian up, it spills over into the 8 reservoirs, which then feed the 12 rivers. But since all of that happens naturally, all you have to do is just keep focusing on the dantian. Then everything else will fill up in the right order at the right time.

• Like 1

Have you heard anywhere of how many HOURS PER DAY are assumed in these 100 day "bootcamps?" That can make a HUGE difference in practice time, yet I haven't found that info anywhere yet...?

Yes. Two to 4 times a day 30 minutes to 60 minutes per meditation, for approximately 100 days.

05:00 - 07:00 (I'm about to start this one in a few minutes)

11:00 - 13:00

17:00 - 19:00

11:00 - 01:00

But you must be diligent, because it's like blowing on hot coals to start a fire.

If you stop, u have to blow twice as much to get back to where you were.

This is from the National Chinese Qi Gong Institute.

PS: Ryan, i added the upload i made for you to my previous post.

Good luck buddy! :lol:

PSS: The 32K File should be in order "D" !

Edited by effilang

effilang: I have never heard the 100-days explained so consciously. Thank you. As soon as I read I i immediately thought of Ancestor Lu's 100-Character Tablet, and the first two lines:

"Nurturing energy, forget talk and fixation

Conquer the mind, do non-doing"

I made the connection in my head and something just clicked. *bows* Thanks again :)

Also I'm right there with vortex. How much time *is* generally needed? Right now I do "embracing the tree" for about 20 minutes a day (working to 30), and about 30 minutes of sitting-meditation (with a new particular focus on the Dan Tien now :lol:

Alot of the stuff people talk about on this forum is good, but alot of it can be vague, hazy or feel wrong unless verified/experienced by the individual. Something you said made sense to me, so I'll share if you'll indulge.

I know there's a billion different views on this, but I feel that masturbation with orgasm/sex with orgasm *does* set me back in my practice. However, my biggest obstacle has been "staying the course": putting in the meditation, "feeding my dan tien nothing", as you say, and sticking with it for more than a week. But here's my point:: the furthest I've gotten on that path was about 30 days with the meditation and no orgasm. At that time, I remember focusing on my Dan Tien one night and feeling a *very* distinctive vibration there that I never felt before. Then I cracked, had an orgasm, and stopped the meditation. That was a year ago. I didn't know I *might* have been on to something until I read your response about how just focusing on the Dan Tien is great/natural, and the rest will take care of it self "spill over". I have to say I am filled with new resolve in trying this. It really helps when someone *else* confirms what you felt, just a good booster for the Shen. Does that even make sense?

Also I can't seem to find the attached course, but I'll check again. (edit: Ah ha THERE is is. Awesome, thanks brother).

Edited by Ryan McCoole
  • Like 1

effilang: I have some reading to do! This looks *great*, and I will definitely honor the authors.

Now you've got my question-mind going: are the hours you list for meditation (i.e. 5-7) the times of day you should practice? and is it standing/ embracing the tree while focusing on the Dan tien? Thanks alot again. This evening has been an unexpected stumbling into a new resolve. Like it!

Yes. Two to 4 times a day 30 minutes to 60 minutes per meditation, for approximately 100 days.

05:00 - 07:00 (I'm about to start this one in a few minutes)

11:00 - 13:00

17:00 - 19:00

11:00 - 01:00

But you must be diligent, because it's like blowing on hot coals to start a fire.

If you stop, u have to blow twice as much to get back to where you were.

Awesome, thanks!

I wonder how critical those shichen periods are, though? That works out to 2-4 hours daily. But what if you just did the same amount of meditation all in the morning, per se?

Ryan - Heat from or the dantian vibrating is a very good sign that your MCO is on its way to opening. It's too bad you cracked, cuz you were probably getting close to the firing point. Maybe with another few weeks... No biggy, you can't be far off then so I'm sure you can get there again.

Vortex: I appreciate the encouragement, it's good to know the vibrating is a good sign! When I first started reading about Nei-Kung/basic Taoist applications, I never really knew if it was for real 100% you know? So it's *great* when actual things/signs start happening to you. :lol: Your and effilang's words are great guideposts.

Yeah I'm with you on the times...I could do 4 times a day but what if tomorrow morning I do 2 hours or something equivalent?

Best always,

Ryan

effilang: I have never heard the 100-days explained so consciously.

I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes you need to read one thing 100 different ways until you find something just makes that gear in your head move and the light bulb light up!

I remember i use to hate Math as a kid. Probably because of the way my teacher explained it. Then i met a wonderful Math teacher. Teaching Math was like art to her, everything just clicked for me, the way she explained it made perfect sense. Is it because she was better? - No. She just spoke my language. I think thats why it's really hard to get this stuff sometimes. I am really happy it has helped.

I know there's a billion different views on this, but I feel that masturbation with orgasm/sex with orgasm *does* set me back in my practice. However, my biggest obstacle has been "staying the course": putting in the meditation, "feeding my dan tien nothing", as you say, and sticking with it for more than a week. But here's my point:: the furthest I've gotten on that path was about 30 days with the meditation and no orgasm. At that time, I remember focusing on my Dan Tien one night and feeling a *very* distinctive vibration there that I never felt before. Then I cracked, had an orgasm, and stopped the meditation. That was a year ago. I didn't know I *might* have been on to something until I read your response about how just focusing on the Dan Tien is great/natural, and the rest will take care of it self "spill over". I have to say I am filled with new resolve in trying this. It really helps when someone *else* confirms what you felt, just a good booster for the Shen. Does that even make sense?

Yes definitely! - Masturbation, does set me back too. I think the most i have done during practice is a little over 2 months. It's all ok until i see my "GF" haha. She is the root of all evil (in a good way) : ) - I'm like a cat when i see her "phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeee". :lol:

It's very different when you are practicing and abstaining from sex and when you are just abstaining from sex. Without practice i can go on for over 6 months, but when you are practicing it's like ure dropping nuclear bombs lol all that Jing extracted from the sperm is just raw energy and hard to contain, so u have to do a lot of meditation. Anytime u feel horny, take a few moments to meditate.

If u are REALLY horny - take at least 15 minutes to meditate and bring it back to the Dan Tien.

I noticed after a while though that u can greatly limit the amount of Jing u expend during ejaculations. I honestly don't know how but as my practice has advanced i can note a considerable difference in energy conservation between my orgasms before and now. I do not feel depleted.

Now when i orgasm externally my kidneys heat up and i feel a lot of heat going up the spine, whereas before it would all just shoot out with the ejaculation and i would feel drained and want to sleep etc. Now i feel energized.

I am still a padawan when it comes to transmuting Jing up the spine, but now i can definitely distinguish the energies in my body. What goes out, what stays in, how much leaves how much doesn't and what goes where. My goal is to ideally not have to ejaculate anymore and learn the vagus nerve internal climax which Drew Hempel can talk more about. This requires first that the third eye is opened. To do this u need to either take the Yogi route and work with the perineium and the central thrusting channel right up to the head, or the Microcosmic Orbit, all which i think happen naturally with practice anyway.

As for the vibration i have read in several books that it tends to come a couple of weeks before the belly fills and gradually spills. So you were definitely on to something ^_^.

Now you've got my question-mind going: are the hours you list for meditation (i.e. 5-7) the times of day you should practice? and is it standing/ embracing the tree while focusing on the Dan tien? Thanks alot again. This evening has been an unexpected stumbling into a new resolve. Like it!

This is what my practice consists of now:

1. Shaking (Thats right, just shake about for 5-10 minutes like its nobodys business)

2. Spine Rotations all sorts, Circles, Crane Necks, Shaking From Side to Side, Front to Back. (Really need to open up the spine)

3. Stretching: Down/Up Dog, Pigeons, Cats, Dogs, Camels + 5 Tibetans and a LOT of full forward stretches (legs out front grab ur toes and hold and stretch and go down as low as u can)

4. Zhan Zhuang, Postures 1 through 4

5. Bone Marow Cleansing

6. Sitting Meditation

Through out these. I have found that the most important thing is to keep the abdominal breath going and sink the Qi. Make sure you're breathing with the belly not the Chest. Feel like u have a small baloon inside behind the belly button and when u breath it expands from the inside out, pressing against the abdomen and the back (ming men) and the sides. This really helps nurture the warmth.

Also, of those, i feel the most energy during Zhan Zhuang, Sitting, Spine Rotations and Shaking.

Effi :lol:

Edited by effilang
  • Like 1

Awesome, thanks!

I wonder how critical those shichen periods are, though? That works out to 2-4 hours daily. But what if you just did the same amount of meditation all in the morning, per se?

The significance of the hours has to do with the Ying/Yang Cycle/Breath of the Universe and their correspondence to the organs and five elements. 23:00 to 01:00, 11:00 to 13:00 and 05:00 to 07:00 are the best times to practice. Respectively: Strong Yin (Moon), Strong Yang (Sun), Harmony of Yin and Yang (Sunrise).

I do about hour and half of Shaking, Stretching and Zhang Zhuang and Bone Marrow Cleansing, then 30 minutes of sitting meditation, sometimes longer i don't time the maximum there, but the minimum is 30 minutes, 3x daily; if 2 then i do the individual strong Yin and strong Yang hours and skip the 05 - 07 am.

-_-

Edited by effilang

In Taiwan some practice tai chi in graveyards for yin chi. The yin chi of most systems isn't the yin chi of mo pai.

Well yea ofcourse not.. It doesn't mean you can't be stronger then mo pai practicioners.. It depends on the individual.

Anyway, I've thought about training in a graveyard and also a friend brought it up.. I have to say it'd be pretty strange when someone spots you lol. They'd probably make up ghost stories about you.

That thread was deleted it seems Cat :blink:

Here it is:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=6219&hl=yin+cultivation

The first time I heard a detailed explanation of yin qi was when I read 'The Magus of Java' by Kosta Danaos. While I can say that previously I was not aware of the distinction in quality between yin and yang qi, I was not aware of mo pai and its definitions of qi either. From what I read here and on the other threads in this forum it seems that many people are using the same terminology to describe different things. For example some people see yin qi as the yuan qi or original pre-birth qi in the body (which relative to the post-birth qi is yin), and others have been talking about absorbing qi from the earth (the earth's qi being yin relative to that of the sky/heavens), and still others see yin qi as a method of expression ie. the roll back energy of taijiquan (which is yin relative to the expanding energy of taijiquan).

These are all valid and very good observations from which we can all learn a lot, not just about qi, but also about how others see,interpret and use qi.

One thing that I would like to bring up is specifically concerned with the mo pai definition of yin qi; has anyone actually worked with this themselves? Is it something that is in the body already and needs to be trained just like 'regular qi'? Why is it that in mo pai they say that merging yin and yang qi is so dangerous? Is this process something that is unatural?

Any help from someone who has worked with similar practices in clarifying this would be appreciated, Thanks!

It is in the body but is more like the undergirding that supports so to cultivate the normal psychlogixal mexhnusms associated w heat vibration etc are exsausyed first bypassed second it is easiest after you have induced shaking w gung not shake and callit gung but shake your quiver. Menthol breath. This is the layerto cultivate when you areade aware of it by your actions it us difficult to cultivate something if you have not felt it before you can work up to it or you can spontaneously exp it a good teachercn induce it, feel.

When you cultivate both aides yi shen temper extreames command lightly heavy thinngs

when I have exp it best the blockages are all gone, a steady hum abounds, work is the hum, gung, yi mind manifest anything in the body you can think of like dream state so then this is reversed, then instead of feeling sweat when you work you feel a cool heat, but it only seems to happen after a maintained segment of practice in which you have the chance to experience mind without the effort that is normally involved with both thought and action

This is truley esoteric Taoist art and practice here bevise tricks to bypassing the navigational plane of the language barrier alone involves the evolution or deevolutipn the casade or ascend or descent of the one to the tenthousand... And back again. The opening of the passage, it's transit, and safe return.. Being ready does not just mean anticipating attack or offense, it means projecting peacewitan touch. Finding wuji is profound considering the power the imagination plays thus regressive clensing in that clarity playsuchore vital roles in clearing the meridians the zero point in which concept takes shape to action the impotance of unifying thought and action is to make tangible the dream mind pie. The door way opens a frame wirhth gravity to cycles planes without yonder not to increase or decrease youvrid this bit to convergent point after point of coincidental alighnment until the one you is humming and glowing with lively anticipation and ready heart of you who wring the wright song along the cours set ahead one degree after another until the corrective mean trim is complete, at the points the wave breaks regardless of 'practice' it is destiny meaning life purpose reason for being changing lives by default etc some things you see once, and the rest is visable results from those life changing sets of experiences. People are a very unique attribute on earth besides plants and rocks. The possibilities of the various combinations of elements divide and provide a medium in which conciousness can be approached from how the senses blends synthenasia with focus drills to train focus and diaaapatikn into and out of the ennagramic labryth

more

Edited by Spectrum