r.w.smith

Electric Qigong School

Hi Guys,

Just stumbled upon this webpage. From what i can gather, He uses some type of electrical device to enhance energy.

Some of his teachers are listed as being John Chang,David Verdesi,etc. Does anybody know much about using these kinds of devices for training purposes ? I here they are common in china also. Below is the translated version, I think it was in italian,

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.ilsoffiodeldrago.it/info/maestro.html&ei=Mf5bS_XJIJLg7APKpbymCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CCEQ7gEwBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522luo%2Bkang%2Bqi%2522%26hl%3Den

david student.bmp

post-16665-126432071972_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Just stumbled upon this webpage. From what i can gather, He uses some type of electrical device to enhance energy.

this is another italian master!

Bye

• Like 1

What this look like to me:

Ridiculous.

Maybe they got too enthusiastic in marketing their school.

This "electric qi" video only shows a trick.

The list of qualifications/teachers on the web site is ordinary silliness - they did some gong-fu with a few guys, maybe took some workshops with Mantak Chia, and saw the bogus John Chang video from the 80s.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3

You guys sure know a lot about this person and his organization. You must have all traveled to Italy and met these people personally, right? Spent time with them, discussed their training and witnessed their capabilities? 

Come on :/ I have no idea if this guy is legit or not - in fact I have no idea who he is and had never heard of him until I clicked this thread, but automatically writing someone off as a fraud without definite reasons to make the accusation is childish, close minded and rude. Why not just accept that you have no idea who this guy is and what he is or isn't capable of and leave it at that?

• Like 2

You guys sure know a lot about this person and his organization. You must have all traveled to Italy and met these people personally, right? Spent time with them, discussed their training and witnessed their capabilities? 

Come on :/ I have no idea if this guy is legit or not - in fact I have no idea who he is and had never heard of him until I clicked this thread, but automatically writing someone off as a fraud without definite reasons to make the accusation is childish, close minded and rude. Why not just accept that you have no idea who this guy is and what he is or isn't capable of and leave it at that?

Agreed. Just because it is possible to build a fake lightbulb doesnt mean he did. its faulty logic.

People who don't train automatically say John Chang is fake, but those who train know otherwise. 

Edited by MooNiNite

Noody needs to go to Italy to examine this.

"People who train" know what training produces, and what it does not.

People who have been training for a long time have seen all the tricks, and can recognize them.

The lightbulb trick is fake. The burning paper trick is fake.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

People who have been training for a long time have seen all the tricks, and can recognize them.

-VonKrankenhaus

They are fake because it is possible that they are fake? 

That is faulty logic. 

-VonKrankenhaus

So you've examined absolutely every system of cultivation out there in existence and the abilities they produce in detail? Performed studies to demonstrate that these abilities are consistent across trainees? I had no idea such detailed scientific study had been done on the subject :| Please by all means link your results, I'd love to read them.

• Like 1

Believe what you like.

Remember, I first stated "what this look like to me:".

You are not "me", so I understand your confusion.

I have studied much and practiced much, and I gave my opinion based on what I know.

The act in the video is bullshit. Anyone can try to prove my assessment incorrect.

Feel free to know, or not, whatever you like.

-VonKrankenhaus

Believe what you like.

Remember, I first stated "what this look like to me:".

You are not "me", so I understand your confusion.

I have studied much and practiced much, and I gave my opinion based on what I know.

The act in the video is bullshit. Anyone can try to prove my assessment incorrect.

Feel free to know, or not, whatever you like.

-VonKrankenhaus

I'm not trying to prove anything or claiming to know anything, except that the attitude of making assumptions about things you know nothing about is counterproductive.

It's the same attitude which leads people to believe that everything discussed on this board (spirituality, metaphysical energies, etc) is "new age nonsense" or "pseudo-science" or "superstitious woo" or however they prefer to term it - they haven't experienced something and/or they lack the knowledge to understand how it could occur, so they automatically assume that it couldn't occur instead of just accepting that it could potentially be an aspect of reality which is outside of their range of knowledge/experience at the present.

It's the kind of faulty logic and close-minded thinking which holds back serious inquiry into any field of knowledge.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 1

Re:

-----

"It's the same attitude which leads people to believe that everything discussed on this board (spirituality, metaphysical energies, etc) is "new age nonsense" or "pseudo-science" or "superstitious woo" or however they prefer to term it - they haven't experienced something and/or they lack the knowledge to understand how it could occur, so they automatically assume that it couldn't occur instead of just accepting that it could potentially be an aspect of reality which is outside of their range of knowledge/experience at the present."

-----

Those are your generic assumptions.

I have no problem with them, and you are welcome to them.

I assure you that I do have experience of very much in terms of qigong and internal cultivation, and also gongfu.

I am not refuting phenomena in general.

I'm just writing my opinion from experience that the video is showing a trick.

-VonKrankenhaus

What in particular about the video makes you feel that it is a trick, as opposed to a genuine metaphysical/energetic/spiritual phenomenon?

Re:

-----

"What in particular about the video makes you feel that it is a trick, as opposed to a genuine metaphysical/energetic/spiritual phenomenon?"

-----

Because that kind of lightbulb trick is as old as the hills.

Unless he's using an LED, which would require far less power (small power source) - that would be a modern improvement to this trick.

Hong Kong - this trick surfaced when small electronics became available - late 50s - early 60s. One variation didn't use lightbulb, but something like miniature tesla coil.

At that time, people are paying to learn just iron shirt qigong, maybe $1000/hr. from famous sifus. Before Chinese texts were commonly available over a decade later. Then, people buy them up and convert to lessons - in 1970s & 80s. Lots of texts showing up in Taiwan, all over.

Guy in video is ordinary gongfu guy. Maybe he's doing very good, but he's not showing you qi development.

Many schools used to have these tricks.

Someone once linked a video of Effie Chow doing a trick - not electric, but still trick - everyone seems fooled.

People have a desire to believe, but not the background to judge exactly what they are believing.

I am merely suggesting an interpretation based on mine.

Real cultivation and real qi demonstrations, we can talk about that too.

But the video posted isn't showing any.

-VonKrankenhaus

So your basic chain of logic is "I've seen it faked before, therefore it cannot possibly be real"? Cause that's some shoddy reasoning.

Real cultivation and real qi demonstrations, we can talk about that too.

By all means. What do you think is possible with Qi, and why are those things possible and not, to go with the example pertinent to this conversation, lighting up a lightbulb?

So your basic chain of logic is "I've seen it faked before, therefore it cannot possibly be real"? Cause that's some shoddy reasoning.

By all means. What do you think is possible with Qi, and why are those things possible and not, to go with the example pertinent to this conversation, lighting up a lightbulb?

Shoddy reasoning!? Every chance your group gets it trolls supporters of mopai, about how ridiculous the evidence for John Chang is. You go on and on about how the scientists faked it,  they were actors, it was a magic trick, or some other nonsense. Then you turn around and argue for demonstrations that are obviously stage magic???

vAsytck.gif

Edited by dayzhaze

Shoddy reasoning!? Every chance your group gets

I don't have any group that I know of, unless you count "the 99.9% of the population who don't think that Mo Pai is the only legitimate system of cultivation" as a group. You do realize the whole Mo Pai Eradication Force thing was a (rather lame) joke, right?  :unsure:

it trolls supporters of mopai, about how ridiculous the evidence for John Chang is. You go on and on about how the scientists faked it,  they were actors, it was a magic trick, or some other nonsense. 

I've never said any of that. You seem to insist on taking the things certain people who disagree with you have said and applying them to everyone who disagrees with you, then putting them into one large group even if they have nothing to do with eachother other than not agreeing with you - which is also shoddy reasoning.

Although I obviously don't know for sure, given the available evidence I have always leaned towards Chang being at least legitimate to some degree (what degree exactly is hard to say).

Then you turn around and argue for demonstrations that are obviously stage magic???

I didn't argue for the demonstration being legitimate (how could I? I have no idea who the man is), I simply pointed out that nobody here has any idea whether it is legitimate or not, and that people should just accept that instead of prejudging it.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 2

To those who went to the nearest lamp, unscrewed the light bulb and tried to light it up with Chi... you will waste a lot of Jing trying things like this.

• Like 2

To those who went to the nearest lamp, unscrewed the light bulb and tried to light it up with Chi... you will waste a lot of Jing trying things like this.

Why is that?