Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

Andy Griffith Show

So I got a bunch of old DVDs at the 99-cents store, a buck a piece. One uv'm is The Andy Griffith Show, saw a few episodes last night. SO COOL. Clean, entertaining, good characters, loaded with virtue. I saw episodes when I was a little kid, but seeing a few now as an adult - whole new level of appreciation.

It's funny you should mention that...we have a cat that LOVES to hear whistles (she is somehow compelled to come to a whistle even if she doesn't really want to!), so the other day the Andy Griffith Show was on TV and we played the theme song for her (she loved it). But I just got sucked in to watching it. I was standing there, in the middle of trying to do something else, and I think I ended up watching the whole thing.

What you said is totally true. It was very funny, well acted, and irresistibly charming. I've watched a few episodes in the past, but not very many, so they would all be pretty much new to me. I saw an ad for a new show the other day and it had a thirteen-year-old girl snottily shocking her mother with a litany of coarse euphemisms for sex. And I'm thinking, "this is funny?"

We really try to stay away from a lot of the gratuitous violence. And sex too. I'm no prude, but jeez.. some of the stuff I see makes me wonder. Ah well...I suppose we can't go back to Mayberry. But I can still see it on Nick at Nite!

I think that the modern world has learned to get off on the sympathetic nervous system, but is clueless how to take pleasure in the parasympathetic system (the one that loosens the anus: "It conserves energy as it slows the heart rate, increases intestinal and gland activity, and relaxes sphincter muscles in the gastro-intestinal tract" (from wikipedia))

So our entertainment needs to get gnarlier and gnarlier to get a better pucker going!

-Yoda

So the audience thinks they're all sophisticated and worldly, but really they're just a bunch of tight-asses! :lol:

Sign in to follow this