Mal

SleepTracker

Anyone used one of these?

http://www.sleeptracker.com/

I thought it could be good for my partner who does shift work and has to wake up at strange times.

Personally I use my digital zen alarm clock as it has a nice "soft" wake up for me and since she knows it's "my" alarm sound it won't wake her up. Unless I'm really tired and it gets to the end of its 10 min cycle where it's chiming all the time :)

I thought it could be good for my partner who does shift work and has to wake up at strange times.

Personally I use my digital zen alarm clock as it has a nice "soft" wake up for me and since she knows it's "my" alarm sound it won't wake her up. Unless I'm really tired and it gets to the end of its 10 min cycle where it's chiming all the time :)

My wife got me a nice watch for Christmas, but I've always thought it would be nice to have one that chimes every 30-60 minutes as a mindfulness bell.

My wife got me a nice watch for Christmas, but I've always thought it would be nice to have one that chimes every 30-60 minutes as a mindfulness bell.

hehe I remember being in school when digital watches started coming out with that beep on the hour feature.

BEEP....beep....beep BEEP......beep.. BEEP :lol:

hehe I remember being in school when digital watches started coming out with that beep on the hour feature.

BEEP....beep....beep BEEP......beep.. BEEP :lol:

BEEP... breathe...DEEP...breathe....DEEP...breathe....

Hi Mal

My wife bought me this watch for a gift(I asked for it) 4 or 5 years ago and i was hoping it would solve my "i hate to get up in the morning syndrome" the reviews that i read on it were pretty positive and such, so i was excited to get it. This is how it worked for me you set the time you want to awake at let's say it's 6:00 am. You then set the sleeptracker feature i think it was 15, 30, 45, minutes before your alarm sounds(6:00 am) and then it measures your most awake period within those 15,30,45 minute cycles and wakes you up at that time. For me i would set the alarm (for 6:00 am) and then i would fall asleep and in the morning i would roll over or something in bed and wake up at let say 5:30 am and then a split second later the watch would start beeping(very annoying sound). I can't say I felt more rested or it cured my hate to get up syndrome but i wore it for a long time until the band broke. My wife hated it. She would always say turn that annoying thing off while half asleep. It really is a annoying beep. So to make a long story longer i would say it's no better then an alarm clock, for me at least.

LOL or you can use a technique an old friend of mine uses. Before going to sleep, bump your head on the pillow the number of times for when you want to wake up. 6am = 6 bumps etc. Funnily enough it actually works :D:lol:

Yes the body is pretty clever, as long as you have had enough sleep you can seem to wake up just before the alarm most of the time.

Jess thanks for the review, it does sound a bit annoying, I quite like lazing around in bed waiting for the alarm to go off. Having one beep you as soon as you actually wake up might not be the best option.

SlackerBee any more info on the Iphone app? I'm wondering how it would measure your sleep cycle. I need to upgrade my mobile one day, the one I have doesn't even take photos !!! :)

"Since you move differently in bed during the different phases, Sleep Cycle uses the accelerometer in your iPhone to monitor your movement to determine which sleep phase you are in. "

Very clever, thanks for the link.

My partner brought my mobile back from hongkong many years ago. It's still going strong, but rather down on features compared to the ones these days.