Taiji Bum

The old banner?

It doesnt feel like the Tao Bums without that huge banner with the tree and wolves and that dude doing taiji I think. Are we going to get another banner?

It doesnt feel like the Tao Bums without that huge banner with the tree and wolves and that dude doing taiji I think. Are we going to get another banner?

I do believe it is a work in progress.

And "Taji Bum" ... why the change?

But please keep usability in mind. Honestly, the old forum with the big banner and then the HUGE welcome text was impractical. You had to scroll down just for seeing most of the subforums.

Maybe the subforums could even be put in a single category and placed in the order of popularity.

Maybe the subforums could even be put in a single category and placed in the order of popularity.

I have a project on the backburner to consolidate the pinned topics into 3 or so threads. One day :) Could be good to try it out now as there has been a lot of other changes.

By the way... What happened to the briefly visible first new banner "Discussions on the way"? Nice idea, why is the default banner there again?

Would it be mean of me to suggest a choice of custom skins?

The old banner. It really did feel like home and was also one of the most attractive looking discussion boards on the net.

The new banner (instantly appealing)

I'm not sure if that's possible.

YOu guys need to bring the old banner back with the unique text. This new "THE TAO BUMS!" is so

generic. You're using normal Arial text or like it. I think people connected with the old banner because

it was unique writing.

Also get rid of the color cooridination with the discussion topics. Just keep it white. And remove

an unnecessary items to prevent too much scrolling.

Follow the Tao, keep it simple. Everything else is just clutter.

Attache a file should be an advanced option and should be hidden. or after the reply button, but

not before it.

A combination of all positive aspects would be wise. I don't understand why for the beauty of the current banner it is necessary to have sooooo much 'blank sky' at the upper side. Or is it because of the little control field in the upper right corner?

How about something like this?...

bannersuggestion.jpg

Generally, I find the banner very beautiful.

Aside from that, the personal practice discussions forum would fit nicely at the bottom, because its many direct links move everything else downwards half a screen height.

Edited by Hardyg

When I first read the "Discussions On The Way"

I was like:

"But we're already having discussions."

But then I was like:

"Oooohhhh..."

Is it really necessary to have your photo in the upper right hand corner of the banner.

You know who you are and no one else sees it. Most are left blank anyway.

Name - log in - log out seems sufficient and less intrusive.

Another suggestion

It would be helpful if "Mark all items as read" were to be repeated at the bottom of the page.

Save the trouble of scrolling back up.