TaoLilly

Hi I'm new!

Hi all! I just joined The Tao Bums. I've been looking for something like this site for some time with no luck. Today I found it somewhat randomly!

I'm pretty much a beginner in Taoism, but my goal it to make it a philosophy of life. I'm starting to read "The Tao of Pooh" (so far it looks like a nice intro for the clueless like me), I also have the "Tao Te Ching" and "365 Tao Daily Meditations". I became interested in Eastern philosophies a while ago. I've also been doing some mediation on and off (novice meditation).

I like the idea about Tao and going with the flow of life. To not go against problems or suffering, but to embrace them as part of our path, to make them work in harmony with everything else. More specifically, I want to remain calm under pressure, worry and stress less, and embrace more positive thinking.

I think this intro will do for now. Thanks :)

Edited by TaoLilly

Yeah I call it "Randy-Ohm"ly. haha.

Hi all! I just joined The Tao Bums. I've been looking for something like this site for some time with no luck. Today I found it somewhat randomly!

I'm pretty much a beginner in Taoism, but my goal it to make it a philosophy of life. I'm starting to read "The Tao of Pooh" (so far it looks like a nice intro for the clueless like me), I also have the "Tao Te Ching" and "365 Tao Daily Meditations". I became interested in Eastern philosophies a while ago. I've also been doing some mediation on and off (novice meditation).

I like the idea about Tao and going with the flow of life. To not go against problems or suffering, but to embrace them as part of our path, to make them work in harmony with everything else. More specifically, I want to remain calm under pressure, worry and stress less, and embrace more positive thinking.

I think this intro will do for now. Thanks :)

Hello =)

Interesting how you come across the site randomly. Its been around for a long time and for some reason it has come to our path now. I am new too ^_^

Hey, thanks all for the welcome! So many replies in so little time, I'm loving this site so far ^_^

A couple of months ago I was looking for forums about meditation, mindfulness, Tao etc. But no luck finding a good one! Today, I decided to look for a blog or community that talked about the Tao of Pooh, and I found this site!

And then this new gecko was found in Ecuador!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1243490/Spot-gecko-Reptile-small-fit-pencil-dozens-new-species-threatened-Ecuador-jungle.html

Hey, thanks all for the welcome! So many replies in so little time, I'm loving this site so far ^_^

A couple of months ago I was looking for forums about meditation, mindfulness, Tao etc. But no luck finding a good one! Today, I decided to look for a blog or community that talked about the Tao of Pooh, and I found this site!