forestofemptiness

Lu Dongbin's 100 Character Stele

I came across the 100 Character Stele the other day, which I found quite interesting. Instead of visualizations, chakra spinnings, tai chi, qi gong, and the rest, it seems to provide a rather simple formula to attain heaven's ladder.

My questions have to do with the Chinese. For one, could the experts please tell me which characters are being used in the translated version, versus the reproduced stele at the bottom? And for translating "forget speech keeping," some translators interpret this to mean discursive thought, which sounds reasonable. I was wondering about other interpretations.

http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~chong/CPoetry/luyan1.htm

Edited by forestofemptiness

I am also interested in the Chinese interpretation. From reading the english, I hear it better as "concentrate on Life Force and do not focus on the internal dialogue" For me the biggest problem isn't so much what I say out loud, it is the constant internal running dialogue of the mind that seeks to define me and attach me to name and form...

my .02

I came across the 100 Character Stele the other day, which I found quite interesting. Instead of visualizations, chakra spinnings, tai chi, qi gong, and the rest, it seems to provide a rather simple formula to attain heaven's ladder.

My questions have to do with the Chinese. For one, could the experts please tell me which characters are being used in the translated version, versus the reproduced stele at the bottom? And for translating "forget speech keeping," some translators interpret this to mean discursive thought, which sounds reasonable. I was wondering about other interpretations.

http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~chong/CPoetry/luyan1.htm

Ha ha! I read it differently. Not surprising, given our different predispositions. I read it along the lines of not focusing on any particular phenomenon, but by being calm and focused, allowing the energies to arise on their own.

I am also interested in the Chinese interpretation. From reading the english, I hear it better as "concentrate on Life Force and do not focus on the internal dialogue" For me the biggest problem isn't so much what I say out loud, it is the constant internal running dialogue of the mind that seeks to define me and attach me to name and form...

my .02