Sign in to follow this  
Tao99

for such trutthhs

Could Daoism use something similar to Buddhists 4 noble truths? What might it be? Here's one guess for a possibility:

The Four Noble Truths of Daoism

First Noble Truth - Daoism offers a way to return to the state of zi;an

Edited by Tao99

That is beautiful Tao99.

But I will stick with my non-dogmatic view of Taoism.

Peace & Love!

Hehehe ... How'd I know you were going to say that :P

But true enough it is that the above is only representative of the Self Cultivation expression of Daoism. We have to keep in mind that the Literati (philosophical) and Communal (religious) expressions are equally valid and no doubt would detail an entirely different set of "Noble Truths".

I do like it all the same :D

... I will stick with my non-dogmatic view of Taoism.

Peace & Love!

:lol:

Edited by Tao99

haha lol. I've decided to go the other way with it and try to write a crusty concrete dogma for my own brand of Daoism, DaoFlow :lol:

And why stop at four noble truths?

Fifth Noble Truth - "All things flourish, and then return to the root, called Quietude." Laozi TTC

Comment

The 10,000 things flourish or move into and through the Manifest (you), and return to Quietude, the stillness of the Mystery (wu).

----------------------

DaoFlow - "Flow with the Dao and Prosper!"

And if you are fast the url is still available ;)

That is beautiful Tao99.

But I will stick with my non-dogmatic view of Taoism.

Peace & Love!

It would be interesting to read what your daily practice is.

Thanks.

Thanks for the idea Stig, I just might buy it :D.

Edited by Tao99

Fifth Noble Truth - "All things flourish, and then return to the root, called Quietude." Laozi TTC

Yep. Quietude is an important concept for me as well.

In kindergarten most kids are given 'quiet time'. There's a reason for that but most adults fail to make that time available for themselves.

Peace & Love!

It would be interesting to read what your daily practice is.

Thanks.

Hehehe. I haven't figured out what it is yet. I really am a very spontaneous kind of guy when I am at home. I just do whatever I am inspired to do. Sometimes I set up a routine for a while to accomplish something like my exercising or planned work in the garden or at the fish pond or editing music, etc., but mostly I just do what I am inspired to do.

(Of course, I have the pleasure of being fully retired [some people say I speak that word improperly and that it should be retarded] and single [for the fourth time] so I am responsible only to myself and my cats.)

Peace & Love!

I couldn't have said it better myself! Or could I?

The Four Noble truths are not just an organizing principle. They are the path itself. Realizing these truths deeply leads to liberation.

The Four Noble truths are not just an organizing principle. They are the path itself. Realizing these truths deeply leads to liberation.

You mean that it's not the talking that matters but rather the walking?

Peace & Love!

You mean that it's not the talking that matters but rather the walking?

Peace & Love!

Hey Marblehead, ah, you are right who am I kidding what's the point its about the walkin ...

keep on truckin brother!

Hey Marblehead, ah, you are right who am I kidding what's the point its about the walkin ...

keep on truckin brother!

Yeah, sometimes I just need to point out when someone has something I strongly agree with.

But then, we do need to talk about it so we understand which path has the best chance of leading us to where it is we wish to go. Oh, darn! We are already exactly where we are supposed to be at this very point in time.

Now I'm confused. Hehehe.

Peace & Love!

Greetings..

The FIRST NOBLE TRUTH OF TAOISM: There are no 'Truths', only perspectives thereof..

Be well..

Isn't that a self-negating concept? If there are NO truths, then your statement claims that itself is also untrue. If you believe your own statement is untrue then why post it?

Daoism (at least to me) is about developing yourself into a 'real' human being. Something which has been exceedingly rare in my experience.

Greetings..

The FIRST NOBLE TRUTH OF TAOISM: There are no 'Truths', only perspectives thereof..

Be well..

Isn't that a self-negating concept? If there are NO truths, then your statement claims that itself is also untrue. If you believe your own statement is untrue then why post it?

Daoism (at least to me) is about developing yourself into a 'real' human being. Something which has been exceedingly rare in my experience.

Yeah, I was going to say something to that post but just let it slide.

I think it is more valid to say that there are no universal truths. That is, everything that is true today will likely one day down the road no longer be valid because everything changes.

I agree with you Dreaming that Daoism is about self-actualization. But there still are relative truths - relative to space and time. We were all born, we will all die. What we do in the between time is what is important.

Peace & Love!

Greetings..

Yeah, ain't paradoxes grand.. Sometimes, you just gotta get past the 'logic'..

From my perspective, Taoism is 'Clarity', seeing/experiencing what 'is'.. from which, what we have become can discern appropriate action..

Be well..

Greetings..

Like curing a headache by cutting off a hand.

Exactly!! if it's the hand that keeps pounding on your head..

Be well..

Sign in to follow this