Sign in to follow this  
buscon

Tension at Jade pillow gate

Hi,

lately I've noticed some tension at Jade pillow gate, the area around Fengfu DU-16 and Naohu DU-17.

It's actually nothing so bad, I'm doing every morning spring forest 1&2 active exercises and sitting meditation (half lotus). I'm building balanced energy, and I've learned to move the heat from the lower dan tien, to the heart and latetly I'm trying to concentrate to the third eye area - still I always balance with some heart and lower dantien focus.

Last night, I woke up at 6 o'clock and I couldn't sleep; so I used some acupressure in the Jade pillow gate area, as I learned from the book Acupressure's Potent Points against insomnia. In little time I felt asleep.

While I meditate, I suddenly feel my head out of place, the chin is not drawn back: I immediatly correct it.

On the other side I've always have dandruff, even though I eat quite well, I do sports and I'm not experiencing anger or stress.

Maybe someone can find some sensible connections with these happenings and give good advices, I hope so :)

Cheers

Have you checked your liver? Remember this organ controls all the tendons and muscles of the body. If the liver chi is blocked so will be the musculoskeletal system.

ok, I'll try to massage the liver channel and do some liver qigong and then report the results - thx for the tip ;)

"When you practice circulating qi through the Three Gtes on the Governing Vessel, the pace of qi movements are like a Goat pace, Deer pace, and Ox pace. A goat moves slowly, implying that when qi circulates through the Tailbone Gate, your intentio should be gentle to allow qi to accumulate. A deer is very agile, implying that when qi circulates through the Dorsal Gate, qi should circulate through smoothly with little effort. An ox moves slowly, but is strong and determined, implying the obstacles that one will encounter, combined with the slow pace of qi circulating at the Jade Pillow Gate, will require a stronger intention to lead qi through this gate." From Qigong Empowerment by Shou-Yu Liang

Maybe we can infer something from this pertaining to your experience?

knocking the jade pillow is a cool part of ba duan jin

do you mean the last part, where you bounce on the feet ?

"When you practice circulating qi through the Three Gtes on the Governing Vessel, the pace of qi movements are like a Goat pace, Deer pace, and Ox pace. A goat moves slowly, implying that when qi circulates through the Tailbone Gate, your intentio should be gentle to allow qi to accumulate. A deer is very agile, implying that when qi circulates through the Dorsal Gate, qi should circulate through smoothly with little effort. An ox moves slowly, but is strong and determined, implying the obstacles that one will encounter, combined with the slow pace of qi circulating at the Jade Pillow Gate, will require a stronger intention to lead qi through this gate." From Qigong Empowerment by Shou-Yu Liang

Maybe we can infer something from this pertaining to your experience?

Could be, maybe I should be more determined - thanks for the tip, Qigong Empowerment is my favourite book about qigong :)

GB-20 is a major acupoint for access into the cranium. If you put your thumbs on the center of your spine where it meets the cranium (back center), then slide your thumbs bi-laterally into two notches in the cranial edge, past either side of your spine. Massage.

• Like 1

Excellent progress then. But don't grow up too soon!!!

I recommend making the "communication" between the dantien and the yellow palace stronger, before you even move to the heart. Leave the jade gate until you have a super strong foundation. It sounds like you skipped the yellow palace.

That heat you speak of needs to steam the organs for quite a while before you jump the frequency up to the head. The longer you stay between the front entrance to the yellow palace and the dantien, the thicker the qi signature will become. Then you will learn how to charge or sedate each organ individually. Harmony of emotions are reached through this area more than the upper celestial palaces. We are supposed to be refined spirits before we open the 7 dantiens of the head... As per my teachers instructions.

:0)

What are the seven dantiens of the head, and where can I find references? Thanks again, btw, for your encouraging words regarding chi flow in the brain. I'm still feeling awfully good, having not forced the flow there, but not trying to keep it from going there either. My brow chakra throbs quite regularly, but I am far enough along to understand what you mean about not raising energy before we are "refined" enough. God knows I had (have) plenty of work to do in this area. So, what are the seven? And are they Taoist exclusively, or are they listed by another teaching?

do you mean the last part, where you bounce on the feet ?

Could be, maybe I should be more determined - thanks for the tip, Qigong Empowerment is my favourite book about qigong :)

nope, its in the sitting one, part 3 Kou Ji Yu Zhen.

GB-20 is a major acupoint for access into the cranium. If you put your thumbs on the center of your spine where it meets the cranium (back center), then slide your thumbs bi-laterally into two notches in the cranial edge, past either side of your spine. Massage.

It's exactly one of the points that I massaged tonight and relieved me from not sleeping. It's one of points that the book recommends in order to relieve insomnia, that was one of my main aliments and now is quite disappeared practicing qigong. I've read that that point is connected with wind too, and actually my skin is often dry, even though I drink a lot of water, eat well and little salt.

Maybe I should massage it every evening... Thank you Trunk :)

Excellent progress then. But don't grow up too soon!!!

I recommend making the "communication" between the dantien and the yellow palace stronger, before you even move to the heart. Leave the jade gate until you have a super strong foundation. It sounds like you skipped the yellow palace.

That heat you speak of needs to steam the organs for quite a while before you jump the frequency up to the head. The longer you stay between the front entrance to the yellow palace and the dantien, the thicker the qi signature will become. Then you will learn how to charge or sedate each organ individually. Harmony of emotions are reached through this area more than the upper celestial palaces. We are supposed to be refined spirits before we open the 7 dantiens of the head... As per my teachers instructions.

I actually started to move the energy to the heart because that great heat in the lower dan tien and kidney was unconfortable, especially at night, I was really drying ( I had nocturnal emission too without any other reason...). Anyway, I probably have to concentrate more and learn to handle the energy of every single organ, maybe doing more meridian self acupressure as Trunk suggested in one of his post.

Two questions:

- which area is the yellow palace ? third eye ?

- should I "move" the heat and energy that I feel to every organ, where I want to meditate and just stay there ? Or move the energy around the channel's organ and at the end massage the channel, like I do with the governing and conception vessels ?

Thx

It's exactly one of the points that I massaged tonight and relieved me from not sleeping. It's one of points that the book recommends in order to relieve insomnia, that was one of my main aliments and now is quite disappeared practicing qigong. I've read that that point is connected with wind too, and actually my skin is often dry, even though I drink a lot of water, eat well and little salt.

Maybe I should massage it every evening... Thank you Trunk :)

I actually started to move the energy to the heart because that great heat in the lower dan tien and kidney was unconfortable, especially at night, I was really drying ( I had nocturnal emission too without any other reason...). Anyway, I probably have to concentrate more and learn to handle the energy of every single organ, maybe doing more meridian self acupressure as Trunk suggested in one of his post.

Two questions:

- which area is the yellow palace ? third eye ?

- should I "move" the heat and energy that I feel to every organ, where I want to meditate and just stay there ? Or move the energy around the channel's organ and at the end massage the channel, like I do with the governing and conception vessels ?

Thx

As for 7 dantiens in the head reference, I have not found anything on the internet about that yet. Its kind of a lineage teaching from what I understand. But if you feel energy well enough, you can probably find them on your own.

The yellow palace is the seat of organs at approximately ren 11 through 13. That's where the front entrance is.

Moving heat into the heart will cause even more drying and overheated symptoms to occur. That's why if you spend time balancing between the organs and dantien, it will eventually cool off as this is a precursor to a series of exercises known as Kan and Li. The drying effect is probably because of excess kidney yang that has not been refined yet. Is your source external? Or is this only your personal field that you are cultivating?

It gets very complicated as the teaching has to be altered per the student. That's why mass techniques are good, but they can only teach you part of the process. Every BODY is different. Its hard to say for you specifically without a more intimate knowledge of your system...

The yellow palace is the seat of organs at approximately ren 11 through 13. That's where the front entrance is.

Moving heat into the heart will cause even more drying and overheated symptoms to occur. That's why if you spend time balancing between the organs and dantien, it will eventually cool off as this is a precursor to a series of exercises known as Kan and Li. The drying effect is probably because of excess kidney yang that has not been refined yet. Is your source external? Or is this only your personal field that you are cultivating?

It gets very complicated as the teaching has to be altered per the student. That's why mass techniques are good, but they can only teach you part of the process. Every BODY is different. Its hard to say for you specifically without a more intimate knowledge of your system...

Thank you for you answers.

It can be that my kidney energy has not been refined yet, but I practice kung fu 3 times a week and that's a good way to build kidney energy :) - but yep, refine it's another subjet.

I don't know exactly what do you mean with external and internal source of energy.

I know about the complexity and the specific training for every case, that's why I'm looking for a good master - maybe I've found one, I don't know yet.

Perhaps the healing sounds/breaths would be appropriate?

I do them sometimes, maybe I'll try to exercise them again. I usually do spring forest 1&2 active exercises in the morning, I was thinking that they are a good substitute of the 6 healing sounds.

Anyway, I'll just try for some time and give you feedback.

Thx!

ive been having the same problem for a few months now and its been a bitch...ill keep viewing this thread,,,thanks for the info posted so far

The process you have initiated is the yang aspect of the kan and li. If you keep raising the yang upward, it can dry out and flare the system.

The goal is not to have a ton of yang in the head, but have the "fire" be below the water. Now I can't speak for Spring Forest. I have zero association or knowledge of their system. But the system I learned is straight from Wudang and takes a lot of patience to practice. Its not that its hard, you just have to take your time. At the end, you have almost complete control of your endocrine system and a modified personality to boot.

You end up being different, but the same.

Free info here:

When you collect enough yang in the dantien, just circulate it no higher than midway between the naval and the sternum. Then master complete control of making the heat expand, contract, expand, contract along both points of the circuit. Dantien to yellow palace.

Play with it. It should be fun. But control the lower levels first...

hehe I only recall having tension at the jade pillow when I've laughed so much I cant stand it anymore, like the occipital portion of the occipito-frontalis tendons :lol:

Hi,

lately I've noticed some tension at Jade pillow gate, the area around Fengfu DU-16 and Naohu DU-17.

It's actually nothing so bad, I'm doing every morning spring forest 1&2 active exercises and sitting meditation (half lotus). I'm building balanced energy, and I've learned to move the heat from the lower dan tien, to the heart and latetly I'm trying to concentrate to the third eye area - still I always balance with some heart and lower dantien focus.

Last night, I woke up at 6 o'clock and I couldn't sleep; so I used some acupressure in the Jade pillow gate area, as I learned from the book Acupressure's Potent Points against insomnia. In little time I felt asleep.

While I meditate, I suddenly feel my head out of place, the chin is not drawn back: I immediatly correct it.

On the other side I've always have dandruff, even though I eat quite well, I do sports and I'm not experiencing anger or stress.

Maybe someone can find some sensible connections with these happenings and give good advices, I hope so :)

Cheers

Any internal cultivation practice means keep your tongue up to connect the governor and conception vessel. Otherwise you can develop chi head or chi sickness. Place the tongue tip behind the teeth where the gums meet on the upper palate. Sometimes the energy will hit the jade pillow with a hammering blow so good to keep it from collecting in the head.

When my energy is running strong, like right now because lately I have been teaching heavily, doing much healing work and giving transmissions, the end point for the conception vessel will start bubbling my saliva in the floor of my mouth. The tongue will get an electrical current in it, feels like touching your tongue to the end of the battery, and my upper palate will "zing" with energy. It feels like I have an ultrasonic toothbrush vibrating against my oral tissues and teeth.

If I don't keep my tongue up I will start to space out or "Shen out". Then a headache or some muscle cramping may start. Keeping the tongue up will connect the two points and keep the energy circulating. Some practitioners have been actually known to get bald spots from the heat of the energy if it is not circulated. It can also misalign your cervical vertabrae. Back up of energy will feel like tension on either side of the pillow. Energy can't move through tension. To force it to do so causes problems. So acupunture and massage are also good.

I have no SFQ experience but I am a KAP instructor (which is a process of developing the Greater Kan and Li of Nei Shen Gung Fu) and that is safety principle number one for circulating and cultivating energy.

I really like the first part of Baolin Wu's 9 palaces system (found in his Qigong for Total Wellness book). Deals very effectively with the upper gate by different types of self massage.

The process you have initiated is the yang aspect of the kan and li. If you keep raising the yang upward, it can dry out and flare the system.

The goal is not to have a ton of yang in the head, but have the "fire" be below the water. Now I can't speak for Spring Forest. I have zero association or knowledge of their system. But the system I learned is straight from Wudang and takes a lot of patience to practice. Its not that its hard, you just have to take your time. At the end, you have almost complete control of your endocrine system and a modified personality to boot.

Free info here:

When you collect enough yang in the dantien, just circulate it no higher than midway between the naval and the sternum. Then master complete control of making the heat expand, contract, expand, contract along both points of the circuit. Dantien to yellow palace.

ok, thank you for the advice, I've tried yesterday night and was nice: the energy is overall balanced and I feel confortable with it. I'll keep doing it for some time and then tell you back.

What's the name of the system you learned ?

Free info here:

Back in '02-'03 I was engaged in a bit of chi kung and internal kungfu & by mid july of '03 I began to experience some kind of bliss or ecstasy in my heart/solar plexus region, after about a week I gave up everything because all I felt like doing was sitting & resting in that bliss. would that sensation be characteristic of the process you mentioned above?

Back in '02-'03 I was engaged in a bit of chi kung and internal kungfu & by mid july of '03 I began to experience some kind of bliss or ecstasy in my heart/solar plexus region, after about a week I gave up everything because all I felt like doing was sitting & resting in that bliss. would that sensation be characteristic of the process you mentioned above?

Could very well be.

There are about 5 spots below the yellow palace which open the divergent channels of the torso. Then there are about 7 areas at the level of the yellow palace itself. That's why I always try to keep people in the lower regions for quite a while before heading up to the palaces of the head. There is so much to explore and change down low. The lack of willingness to take time in the foundation is directly proportional the the lack of stability in the upper celestial palaces of the head.

Certain processes, if started too early, ingrain the karma and emotional qualities of the individual too deep. There is a spiritual growth development that occurs with the upper regions. But by heading "up" to early, an individual becomes more unstable. I had a teacher kick start a process in me that allowed me to live in my upper celestial regions for about 2 years. But it was extremely hard for me to stay up there, because I did not resolve my lower energies first. So I crashed, and came back down. I basically killed myself spiritually, and then had to learn to repattern all over again.

The emotional body is resolved through foundational work.

Could very well be.

There are about 5 spots below the yellow palace which open the divergent channels of the torso. Then there are about 7 areas at the level of the yellow palace itself. That's why I always try to keep people in the lower regions for quite a while before heading up to the palaces of the head. There is so much to explore and change down low. The lack of willingness to take time in the foundation is directly proportional the the lack of stability in the upper celestial palaces of the head.

Certain processes, if started too early, ingrain the karma and emotional qualities of the individual too deep. There is a spiritual growth development that occurs with the upper regions. But by heading "up" to early, an individual becomes more unstable. I had a teacher kick start a process in me that allowed me to live in my upper celestial regions for about 2 years. But it was extremely hard for me to stay up there, because I did not resolve my lower energies first. So I crashed, and came back down. I basically killed myself spiritually, and then had to learn to repattern all over again.

The emotional body is resolved through foundational work.

So how much of it do you feel can happen concurrently? :)

What all points relieve insomnia?

jsd21.jpg (#22 = GB20)

What all points relieve insomnia?

jsd21.jpg (#22 = GB20)

You have some, and not just in this area.

Here's the list in the order given by Acupressure's Potent Points :

B38, P6, H7, B10, GV16, GB20, CV17 and GV24.5(third eye)

I've tried to find a correspondence on http://www.acuxo.com/ but it doesn't work with some points (like P6) - anyone knows why ?

here's a link for some point that I didn't find on acuxo:

http://www.holisticonline.com/remedies/Anxiety/anx_acupressure.htm

The book says that you have to press the point for one minute, while you breath deeply and with the belly. You don't need all the points to relieve insomnia: just try out which one work best for you :)

... and have a nice sleep :)

Sign in to follow this