mewtwo

Yogic diet a way to achieve breatharianism?

SO as some of you may or may not know i am obese. i weight 263 and am trying to loose some weight well for the moment i am going to be going on a diet but once i loose 50 to 100 pounds I want to go on a yogic diet where i eat the right foods that yogi's eat to balace the chakras also i hope to someday survive on very little food along with consuming prana. Anyone know how one goes about living off prana and very little food?

You have to achieve balance and harmony of your energies, and heal the body.

The best diet to eat includes all sorts of different foods in moderation. The best thing to do is get with a nutritionist, as well as a personal trainer...

Because eating a special way isn't going to help you achieve breatharianism...it's just going to harm your body and energies even more.

Thanks for sharing. From my consideration this is caused mainly from STRESS. There are very deep reasons that people eat lots of food - but genetically people are hard-wired to eat in case there is famine. This is just the truth because for most of human history we regularly lived through famines. But beyond storing up energy for in times of emergency there is also the issue of eating food for stress. This is very well proven for people who really study it.

Modern society is driven by stress -- and even more so as technology speeds everything up. Food increases the natural endorphins and neuropeptides -- mainly serotonin from tryptophan. sp??

Anyway the secret of qigong is the reverse breathing of the stomach which causes more serotonin to get up to the brain through RELAXATION. The best exercise for weight loss is to stand with your knees bent. You can do some simple moving exercises or you can just stand with knees bent and hold your arms facing forward with your hands in various static positions. The more you bend your knees the greater effect it has. But more importantly than this is RELAXATION. RELAXATION -- if you practice the "small universe" exercise -- the Level 1 sitting meditation c.d. is a very excellent practice tool that guides you along. You just sit in a chair and listen and just through this relaxation you get more serotonin into your brain.

You can just scroll down on this to see the Level 1 sitting meditation c.d. for "small universe" 1/2 hour practice.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/instructional_tools.htm

SO as some of you may or may not know i am obese. i weight 263 and am trying to loose some weight well for the moment i am going to be going on a diet but once i loose 50 to 100 pounds I want to go on a yogic diet where i eat the right foods that yogi's eat to balace the chakras also i hope to someday survive on very little food along with consuming prana. Anyone know how one goes about living off prana and very little food?

For what it's worth I started the 80/10/10 diet a little bit before 2010 and I feel amazing. You'll absolutely lose weight and have more energy IMO.

Sean

Thanks for sharing. From my consideration this is caused mainly from STRESS.

Yep you're right. It is stress. Need to get in touch with your body, relax and feel when it is full. You'll feel better eating less, and have more energy after meals. Eating slower and knowing your full early is only half the battle, you also have to stop eating at that point, which i still find is difficult :P

Eating slower and knowing your full early is only half the battle, you also have to stop eating at that point, which i still find is difficult :P

I did too, nothing I hate more than never getting to eat a meal and really feel sated. So I do a Fast 5 / Warrior diet combo. I don't always fast during the day, especially if I had crappy food the night before. So I'll often have some fruit if I feel like it. It's a good lifestyle fit for me.

Start by doing a colon cleanse and then a deep liver cleanse. This is going to take you easily 6-12 months. Losing merely body fat is not going to cleanse the liver, the mother of all organs. Good luck.

I eat mostly whole & raw foods. Make sure you get a healthy macronutrient (protein, fats & carb) mix. My basic diet consists mostly of nuts, bean protein, fruits & veggies.

As far as breatharianism or bigu - the more full your qi is, the less hungry you'll be. So, I believe that QI may actually be the "big enchilada" missing from many fat peoples' "diets!" Due to poor lifestyles and eating overprocessed food products - they are sorely-deprived of qi. Which makes them overeat in search of more. But unfortunately...the denatured food products they are eating contain little of it. So, it only makes them fatter, not more full of qi.

Solution then? Eat more "qiful" foods and do qigong! And also walk at least 30 minutes per day.

otherwise personally im doing slight variation of 80/10/10(hello SEAN if youre reading this ,feels good ha?) few years,at the moment eating mostly fruits and feeling best ive ever felt.lots of energy,being able to cope with lifes ups and downs,and my heart is smiling and body feels so light and comfortable.and its imposiblle to be obese eating like this,but also its not an easy preferance for most of people.

Hello, yes it's been challenging but I feel good and more importantly it feels right for me, at least for now. I'm not at 100% yet, still steaming veggies/mushrooms with some rice here and there. Care to share the modifications have you made?

Sean

Hello, yes it's been challenging but I feel good and more importantly it feels right for me, at least for now. I'm not at 100% yet, still steaming veggies/mushrooms with some rice here and there. Care to share the modifications have you made?

Sean

80/10/10 is fine short-term, but your body needs some more fat than that, long-term. Also, you need some animal products too. 80/10/10 seriously damaged my health. I know a lot of others who have had their health compromised by it, as well.

agharta, please elaborate. did you do 80/10/10 long-term or have direct experience with anyone doing it long-term? I'm very curious as I've only just begun. I've read interviews with athletes that have been on the program for years and seem to be thriving, but as with everything individual experiences vary.

Sean

A lot of yoga practitioners follow an Ayurvedic Diet which is focused on balancing your Dosha's(your constitution)they don't usually mention balancing your chakras. They stress following a Sattvic(pure)diet based on your constitution and eating an amount that can fit into your two hands per meal. Check out any book by Dr. Vasant Lad or David Frawley for more info on Ayurveda/Yogic diets.

agharta, please elaborate. did you do 80/10/10 long-term or have direct experience with anyone doing it long-term? I'm very curious as I've only just begun. I've read interviews with athletes that have been on the program for years and seem to be thriving, but as with everything individual experiences vary.

Sean

I did it for about 8 months very strictly, and pretty close to 80/10/10 for several months before that. I just got worse as time passed. Even if you avoid the watery fruits (they destroy your teeth fast) you will still suffer neurological problems in the long run, simply from the lack of fat.

I have a number of friends who did it for many months, and who were very unhappy with the results. Your body needs fat and animal products, especially your brain.

What I find is that people who do a tremendous amount of traveling and physical exercise can get away with 80/10/10 for much, much longer. It may still be doing serious brain damage, though. Dr. Doug can get away with it because the panic attacks and other brain problems seem to be reduced by traveling a great deal, and he's on the road 11 months a year. He also does a lot of physical exercise, which helps reduce the sugar highs.

Are you still living in Costa Rica, Sean? I've spent several months there, and have found some great sources of good fruit, coconuts, and other good raw foods there. :)

I did it for about 8 months very strictly, and pretty close to 80/10/10 for several months before that. I just got worse as time passed. Even if you avoid the watery fruits (they destroy your teeth fast) you will still suffer neurological problems in the long run, simply from the lack of fat.

I have a number of friends who did it for many months, and who were very unhappy with the results. Your body needs fat and animal products, especially your brain.

What I find is that people who do a tremendous amount of traveling and physical exercise can get away with 80/10/10 for much, much longer. It may still be doing serious brain damage, though. Dr. Doug can get away with it because the panic attacks and other brain problems seem to be reduced by traveling a great deal, and he's on the road 11 months a year. He also does a lot of physical exercise, which helps reduce the sugar highs.

Are you still living in Costa Rica, Sean? I've spent several months there, and have found some great sources of good fruit, coconuts, and other good raw foods there. :)

thanks for the info. it's hard for me to tell so soon what is beneficial detox and what is just not going to serve me long term. i have noticed i am almost compelled to want to move and stretch and exercise which i've considered a good thing since my work keeps me rather sedentary. i've been cheating a bit with things like steamed veggies and mushrooms with rice and chicken broth and it seems to be supporting me on some level. not sure yet if i'm going to keep pushing it toward strict 80/10/10 to see how i feel. my instinct is to go about 80% with doug's suggestions and then the other 20% i will "supplement" with savory soups and sashimi. what do you think of that? what if anything you've found has served you long term?

also, i'm not in costa rica now, back in the states plotting my next adventure. :)

sean

Sean how did the Ticos treat you! haha. Lots of gringos down there now I bet. I was there in 1992 in the fall -- toured the whole country. So did you fall in love? With the rainforest I mean! haha. Just joking. Welcome back to the belly of the beast. Seriously though there's a bit of a yoga scene down in Costa Rica right? Any report back would be great. How long were you there?

thanks for the info. it's hard for me to tell so soon what is beneficial detox and what is just not going to serve me long term. i have noticed i am almost compelled to want to move and stretch and exercise which i've considered a good thing since my work keeps me rather sedentary. i've been cheating a bit with things like steamed veggies and mushrooms with rice and chicken broth and it seems to be supporting me on some level. not sure yet if i'm going to keep pushing it toward strict 80/10/10 to see how i feel. my instinct is to go about 80% with doug's suggestions and then the other 20% i will "supplement" with savory soups and sashimi. what do you think of that? what if anything you've found has served you long term?

also, i'm not in costa rica now, back in the states plotting my next adventure. :)

sean

sean

Let me know if you'll be down there anytime. I go every 3-4 years. What do you do down there for fun? Have you been up to Monteverde Park or Marina Ballena park in Uvita?

I think your plan makes sense, although I'd definitely get the fat levels up to at least 30% of calories. Also, I'd go for the best quality sashimi. Experiment, go with what works, don't get dogmatic, and be open. You'll get there. :) I'm a mod over at the raw paleo forum, I'm cherimoya_kid...if you have questions, that's the place. Come hang out there if you feel like it.l

hello,

ive been eating that way with small variations for almost 3 years ,my blood tests are good and balanced.and actually im having bliss attacks not panic attacks. :)

and would like to point out that emotional detox is so IMPORTANT .i feel if we truly want to feel at ease deep inside and with whatever life brings(not just i feel good today)we need to let go and slowly start more and more living in space between the thougts.

and ,as i read once something written by an indian sage "be able toembrace the uncertanty".

with this way of eating we are more in mental spheres, than physical which can be used as a tool for wellbeing or it can be ungrouding. that fact can be confusing for some and cause various diseases mental and other ,if mind is not chaneled proprely.

I'd rather eat a diet that doesn't require intensive therapy just to allow me to function in the real world. 80/10/10 just jacks my brain and emotions all up, I can't even be around people when I eat like that, I start avoiding my friends, it gets scary, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone ever, except as a "see, I told you that doesn't work" tough-love method.

The worst part is needing to be lying down for 12 hours a day. I hate that, and it really cramps my lifestyle. I only need half the time lying down eating the raw paleo diet as I did when I ate the 80/10/10, and I sleep the same amount on both. That's sobering.

This isn't a natural human diet. We need animal products. Only extremely high-level yogis can go without food and/or animal products, and I know a lot of people who THOUGHT they were at that level, and weren't, and learned the hard way.

The VERY hard way.

But do what you want, bro. I know what works. You know what makes a pretty theory. Who do you think will last longer? ROFL

http://costa-rica-guide.com/Natural/Ballena.html

Let me know if you'll be down there anytime. I go every 3-4 years. What do you do down there for fun? Have you been up to Monteverde Park or Marina Ballena park in Uvita?

I think your plan makes sense, although I'd definitely get the fat levels up to at least 30% of calories. Also, I'd go for the best quality sashimi. Experiment, go with what works, don't get dogmatic, and be open. You'll get there. :) I'm a mod over at the raw paleo forum, I'm cherimoya_kid...if you have questions, that's the place. Come hang out there if you feel like it.l

agharta and drew, ticos are wonderful people and costa rica is beautiful. but i kind of got into a bad space for the last half of my time there and got sucked into a kind of party drinking lifestyle so i sort of missed out on the yoga scene or anything productive unfortunately. speaking of thinking you are at a different level, i was meditating a ton before i moved down there and feeling pretty imperturbable. then all of a sudden i'm on this remote beach with nothing much to do. high quality problem, right, and probably a meditator's dream. but i guess i just wasn't ready for that much "space" and i got sucked into some old humbling patterns. i've been back in the states a month and i already feel saner and back on track so i'm happy about being back.

agharta, suninmyeyes, thanks for sharing your experiences with 80/10/10. for the first week of 80/10/10 i also slept a ton and generally felt like crap. but now i have so much energy i don't even know what to do with it all. i too have a history of anxiety and that is probably the number one way to get me to quit anything, if it increases my anxiety i'm out. but in this case, somehow, i had the clarity to just face the challenging emotional stuff that has come up.

for example, one thing that was really hard was that for a few days i really felt like a part of me was dying. specifically the part of me that goes to food for emotional fulfillment. it wasn't so much that i was not enjoying the 80/10/10 food, on many levels i was, it's really easy for me to eat sweet fruit, but on another level eating became more about functionality. "i am giving my body nutrition now". that was a hard transition.

anyway, had to process some weird stuff, but once i moved through it i've just been feeling better and better with random pockets of awesome and still few rough patches here and there. we'll see how it goes. i'm definitely playing this experiment by ear.

sean

Thanks for the report back Sean. I had a sleep over with a high school male and he took me to his school mate's birthday party. I was the only gringo -- she was turning 17. Everyone was tipsy and I was sober. She said for her birthday she wanted me to sleep with her. "Si o No?" Everyone started chanting it at me. haha. I definitely wanted to sleep with her but it was definitely not the right circumstances. haha. So I'm with you Sean -- I had to escape from that one night -- the rest of the time I was surrounded by gringo college students.

agharta and drew, ticos are wonderful people and costa rica is beautiful. but i kind of got into a bad space for the last half of my time there and got sucked into a kind of party drinking lifestyle so i sort of missed out on the yoga scene or anything productive unfortunately. speaking of thinking you are at a different level, i was meditating a ton before i moved down there and feeling pretty imperturbable. then all of a sudden i'm on this remote beach with nothing much to do. high quality problem, right, and probably a meditator's dream. but i guess i just wasn't ready for that much "space" and i got sucked into some old humbling patterns. i've been back in the states a month and i already feel saner and back on track so i'm happy about being back.

agharta, suninmyeyes, thanks for sharing your experiences with 80/10/10. for the first week of 80/10/10 i also slept a ton and generally felt like crap. but now i have so much energy i don't even know what to do with it all. i too have a history of anxiety and that is probably the number one way to get me to quit anything, if it increases my anxiety i'm out. but in this case, somehow, i had the clarity to just face the challenging emotional stuff that has come up.

for example, one thing that was really hard was that for a few days i really felt like a part of me was dying. specifically the part of me that goes to food for emotional fulfillment. it wasn't so much that i was not enjoying the 80/10/10 food, on many levels i was, it's really easy for me to eat sweet fruit, but on another level eating became more about functionality. "i am giving my body nutrition now". that was a hard transition.

anyway, had to process some weird stuff, but once i moved through it i've just been feeling better and better with random pockets of awesome and still few rough patches here and there. we'll see how it goes. i'm definitely playing this experiment by ear.

sean

I'd rather eat a diet that doesn't require intensive therapy just to allow me to function in the real world. 80/10/10 just jacks my brain and emotions all up, I can't even be around people when I eat like that, I start avoiding my friends, it gets scary, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone ever, except as a "see, I told you that doesn't work" tough-love method.

The worst part is needing to be lying down for 12 hours a day. I hate that, and it really cramps my lifestyle. I only need half the time lying down eating the raw paleo diet as I did when I ate the 80/10/10, and I sleep the same amount on both. That's sobering.

This isn't a natural human diet. We need animal products. Only extremely high-level yogis can go without food and/or animal products, and I know a lot of people who THOUGHT they were at that level, and weren't, and learned the hard way.

The VERY hard way.

But do what you want, bro. I know what works. You know what makes a pretty theory. Who do you think will last longer? ROFL

first of all im your sister not brother. :(

and im sorry if i said something that sounds provoking or have worded things in unapropriate way.it was not my intention to be disrespectful or similar.

i was eating already what i eat for few years when i found out it has name 80/10/10.i looked it up and there are some strange ideas/mindsets and conversations and convictions on that forum,i dont find inspiring .just to let you know that im not a follower/worshipper of any group ideas,nor do i belive in universal ideal.

however what i wrote it is my true expirience,i have no reason to make these things up.and if you want to disbelive it and try brand me as a poser you are welcome :)

this written medium is limited and emotional sentiments can be misinterpreted easily,also im new to computers and whole disscusion board life and i dont even know what it means ROFL for example.let alone how to express my self properly.

Thanks for the report back Sean. I had a sleep over with a high school male and he took me to his school mate's birthday party. I was the only gringo -- she was turning 17. Everyone was tipsy and I was sober. She said for her birthday she wanted me to sleep with her. "Si o No?" Everyone started chanting it at me. haha. I definitely wanted to sleep with her but it was definitely not the right circumstances. haha. So I'm with you Sean -- I had to escape from that one night -- the rest of the time I was surrounded by gringo college students.

oh shit talk about jailbait man. I probably would've tapped it cuz i'm such a whore like that, but ehh.. sex with underage women. Lets play the game "who wants to go to jail?" Might as well move to France.