Sign in to follow this  
glooper23

1 Glass of Wine?

What would you say about having a glass of wine every day? Especially wines high in antioxidants like resveratrol?

Presuming I never drink more than one drink a day, is this bad?

All substances on this planet can be experienced.

The problem comes when people use things out of balance.

If you know how to counteract something, then you can enjoy it regularly.

Everything in nature has an antithesis.

:)

Interesting. I'm gonna go pick up some heroin tomorrow.

and if you can last ~10 years using it you will also know what it's antithesis is ;)

One or 2 glasses of wine or beer a day is better for you than no alcohol at all. Thins the blood preventing heart attacks and strokes.

Edited by Bum Grasshopper

Agree with Bum Grasshopper.

Personally, I just like a half of a glass. To balance the effects, I drink more water.

More than 2 glasses in a day for cultivators is noticeably bad.

Actually you can boil the red wine and all the alcohol will evaporates, while the resveratol still remains in the wine. The best medicine against flu and colds, if you add a whole lemon, cinnamon and cloves.

Edited by steam

Actually you can boil the wine and all the alcohol will evaporates, while the resveratol still remains in the wine. The best medicine against flu and colds, if you add a whole lemon, cinnamon and cloves.

Really now? Should I add water to wine when boiling?

Really now? Should I add water to wine when boiling?

No you just boil the wine with the above ingredients and let the level drop at least 1 cm. First the alcohol will evaporates because has a lower boiling point than water, then the water. You can let boil until the level drops at half the initial level, it will be a very thick wine. If you add some sugar or honey (just a teaspoon) will taste great as well. Should use RED wine.

Edited by steam

I was reading today that Li Ching Yuen thrived on herbs and rice wine during the first 100 years of his life.

So i'm guessing wine can't be all that bad ^_^

Meditation and toxic substances mutually exclude each other - coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, pot, heroin etc

What would you say about having a glass of wine every day? Especially wines high in antioxidants like resveratrol?

I drink one glass of wine about every three days on average. The wine I drink is low alcohol (6.5 or 7.5) and I drink it primarily for the antioxidants. My primary care doctor even thinks one glass an evening is good.

Peace & Love!

Meditation and toxic substances mutually exclude each other - coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, pot, heroin etc

So you're against Green Tea that has caffeine?

I think I'll join you. I usually have a glass with dinner. Statistically those who imbibe a glass or 2 a day have fewer heart problems and live longer. A glass of wine is actually a potent tonic, tastes good too.

Michael

toxicity is given by the dosage, even water can be toxic if is too much ;)

Yes.

Yet the issue is not that relative.

If we take a look at the various systems of practice, they required sometimes long and arduous fasts and detox programs, for purification.

You need a pure body,

a pure heart,

and a pure mind...

These only apply if you want to practice meditation for what it was deviced.

If you just want peace of mind, visit your local church, it's easier... :)

Also, you may say practicioners can transform 'poison' to 'medicine'.

That can only happen if they already transformed quite a bit their whole being... which usually implies that cravings for alcohol, pot, coffeine, and god knows what else, are left behind... It's not a gesture of strong will and control. It's a stage when you find yourself surrounded with stimulents that are not of this world, and are much more potent. Compared to them, alcohol, drug, even conventional sex, is nothing...

I'm just adding these thoughts to widen the perspective a bit ;)

Little1, is it possible that these "stimulants not of this world" are so powerful that we need not worry about whether we should consume them rather than "stimulants of this world."? Mustn't all we do is experience both and choose for ourself?

Are you proposing that the addiction to alcohol, even in small amounts, is hindering our ability to notice the even greater "stimulants not of this world"?

Little1, is it possible that these "stimulants not of this world" are so powerful that we need not worry about whether we should consume them rather than "stimulants of this world."? Mustn't all we do is experience both and choose for ourself?

Are you proposing that the addiction to alcohol, even in small amounts, is hindering our ability to notice the even greater "stimulants not of this world"?

Yes.

Toxics play with the nervous system. You need it clean as a whistle, if you are to sense the suble out there, and in there.

I formulated the ideas to be palatable to people looking for 'stimulants'.

Actually there is alot of stimulus both inside and outside ourselves.

Alcohol anaesthetise your awareness. And most of the toxics.

Don't play with toxics thinking they will increase your awareness. That's what the hippies thought...

Yes, i think you need to experience both and choose. Yet you cannot have both at the same time.

Edit: spell check 'anaesthetise' is an inhuman word :D

Edited by Little1

Can one have the alcohol for the purpose of having it and also have the awareness for the purpose of being aware?

Are you saying using alcohol to increase awareness is foolish; or are you saying any alcohol use is foolish?

Well...life is full of individual experience (and collective experience as well). So if someone on this forum was, say, rather small and of a certain genetic background, lacking the liver enzymes to process the alcohol (aldhehydedehydrogenase, cytochrome P 450); spirits in even minute doses would be toxic. However, someone else here may be male 200 lbs low body fat, high tolerance etc. and then even two 3 oz. glasses would not effect their cognitive function. Of course, there are other factors as well, but I'm boring myself with this post...

Sign in to follow this