effilang

The Fourth Kind (MOVIE)

Penn and Teller are admittedly in their own words "biased as all f**k" but just as you said, there are a lot of poorly trained hypnotists out there. Whats "proper" and what really happens are almost always different no matter what the subject matter.

So what makes more sense? That there are as many alien abductions as there are home invasions or that people desperately looking for answers are being handed a convenient excuse? A boogyman to pin all their problems on?

After all as your post points out, regression is powerful enough that even a well meaning hypnotist can literally rewrite a persons past with a slip of the tongue.

yeah I would probably go with the latter.

though people naturally slip in to increased suggestibility all the time, not just in hypnosis. From what I gather, the majority of documented cases of false memory occurred with regular talk therapy as opposed to actual regression techniques. I just don't want to give the impression that this phenomenon is exclusive to regression work, it's just a natural aspect of the mind.

yeah I would probably go with the latter.

though people naturally slip in to increased suggestibility all the time, not just in hypnosis. From what I gather, the majority of documented cases of false memory occurred with regular talk therapy as opposed to actual regression techniques. I just don't want to give the impression that this phenomenon is exclusive to regression work, it's just a natural aspect of the mind.

Yep I've read that because of the frequencies of light emitted by T.V. most people drop into a very suggestive state within 30 seconds to a minute of staring at the boobtube. I wonder how being in a suggestible state while watching a show that suggests alien abductions are so common that EVEN YOU may have been abducted might affect someone. Especially right before going to bed. :ph34r:

Guest paul walter

Yep I've read that because of the frequencies of light emitted by T.V. most people drop into a very suggestive state within 30 seconds to a minute of staring at the boobtube. I wonder how being in a suggestible state while watching a show that suggests alien abductions are so common that EVEN YOU may have been abducted might affect someone. Especially right before going to bed. :ph34r:

Yes, there was a study showing that the brains' 'reading' of the signals coming from tv frequencies convince you that what you are watching is 'real'--there is near total identification with the tube as lived experience! And people still think fluoridation of the water supply is a contentious example of conspiratorial intent :lol: . Paul.

Yes, there was a study showing that the brains' 'reading' of the signals coming from tv frequencies convince you that what you are watching is 'real'--there is near total identification with the tube as lived experience! And people still think fluoridation of the water supply is a contentious example of conspiratorial intent :lol: . Paul.

Well for all the talk of supposed dental benefits I find it strange that most of the modern world has banned fluoridation. In most of Europe it's identified as a class 2 poison (whatever that means) and before they decided to force americans to drink it, fluorides only legal use was in rat poison. Now instead of paying for expensive safe disposal methods, aluminum companies sell it for a huge profit.

It's also strange that in every country where fluoride has been banned, cavity rates have plummeted. But I'm sure this is all just coincidence so pay no attention to the man behind the curtain and look right into the zombie-box..er.. wonderful wonderful television... :wacko: :wacko:

Guest paul walter

Well for all the talk of supposed dental benefits I find it strange that most of the modern world has banned fluoridation. In most of Europe it's identified as a class 2 poison (whatever that means) and before they decided to force americans to drink it, fluorides only legal use was in rat poison. Now instead of paying for expensive safe disposal methods, aluminum companies sell it for a huge profit.

It's also strange that in every country where fluoride has been banned, cavity rates have plummeted. But I'm sure this is all just coincidence so pay no attention to the man behind the curtain and look right into the zombie-box..er.. wonderful wonderful television... :wacko: :wacko:

Yes, like the countries that consume the most dairy have dramatically the most cases of osteoporosis and those that consume the least have the least cases. ah, conspiracy-how mysterious and unknown are your ways... Paul

What do you guys think about this?

The Fourth Kind

Part 1: http://www.ninjavideo.net/video/55212

Part 2: http://www.ninjavideo.net/video/55213

- Is God evil?

- Are the Summerians some sort of ascended beings now just praying on us?

- Were those genuinely aliens?

I honestly get shivers watching it right now lol - Still on part 2 ^_^

Thought some of you might enjoy it.

Make sure to have the ninja helper running (read the red text).

Enjoy.

PS: bring an extra pair of underwear.

it's a hoax. It has been proven that it is not based on any true incident and was purely a marketing gimmick used by the studio, a-la Blairwitch Project

• Like 1

it's a hoax. It has been proven that it is not based on any true incident and was purely a marketing gimmick used by the studio, a-la Blairwitch Project

The movie yes, it's a hoax but very probable the scenario was based on the book Communion by Whitley Strieber

In this book I found the same themes like the recollection of memories under hypnosis or the image of the white owl masking the memory of aliens, the same story.

How do you explain the way they levitated off the bed and the changing of the face?

Guess what I saw an Owl at my window last night??? Whoo Whhoooo so I shot it....