Owledge

One with universe = seeing everything ... really?

Could someone who has already experienced being one with the universe, realizing being everything, 'seeing it all', please try and describe this experience as detailed and comprehensible as possible? Because when people say they have "seen it all", this is very vague and question might come up like: "Like what for example?" and "Anything that you weren't previously aware of?". You know... the universe is a lot bigger than planet Earth. ;)

It's just that the nature of what people usually say about the experience makes me wonder whether there might be at least a bit of self-deception or exaggeration involved, maybe induced by euphoria.

Edited by Hardyg

The universe is a mustard seed in the palm of your hand

or so the saying goes.

On one side existences (yu), on the other side not (wu)

And so you see the Whole, in the palm of your hand.

You are already "one with everything". The trick isn't to consciously experience everything and everyone from the inside out, so much as to just soften the certainty that you are separated from everything. You are probably already familiar with the feeling of energy that goes beyond the boundaries of your skin. Even in beginning reiki classes it is common to use hands to feel one's own aura and the aura of other students - and maybe even the teacher's aura. It is a good place to begin to experience yourself as extending beyond the boundaries of your skin. Maybe you might even have started to drift off to sleep (or in meditation) felt that you were expanding and filling more of the room. This isn't to say that you have to know what it is like to be a floor or a wall or a ceiling, but your energy connects you to the floor, the wall, the ceiling, and the people who may or may not be around you. It is common to state things in an extreme as a way of countering another extreme, so we talk about being one with everything to overcome feeling one with nothing.

Hi Hardyg,

Excellent subject, this one, I think.

I have had only one experience that I can call being One with the universe.

No, I did not "see it all."

Actually, I didn't see anything because I had becone one with All.

I would agree with you that when someone says they have seen it all and now they know everything they are just spewing BS. They didn't really see it all. They were high on some drug or emotion.

I can't even tell you how I felt because there really was no 'feeling' (emotions) at the time of the experience. Only much later did I realize what happened. And because I knew nothing of Taoism at the time and really had no path and my journey was not defined I couldn't even put the experience into words.

I still can't totally put the experience into proper words even now. All I can say is that I felt as though I was One with All and "I", the separate individual, did not exist. I had no fears, no cares, nothing. Perhaps an awareness of non-being but yet, as I was aware, there was being.

After the experience I knew nothing more than what I knew before the experience. In fact, after the experience left me I remembered that I had forgotten something so I returned to where I had started and took care of what I had forgotten. Perhaps the experience offered me a clearness of mind?

I have never read a satisfactory definition of 'enlightenment'. I have read some that suggest that the person gained untold wisdom. Again, I think that this is BS.

Peace & Love!

It's just like the way things are right now, except without some of the perceptual filters. Not worth talking about.

Infinite wisdom means ZERO ego -- so it's a paradox. The more enlightened "you" are the LESS there is of "you." Meanwhile the process of infinite energy transformation continues which you are a part of whether you are enlightened or not -- the more we acknowledge this truth, the more we are enlightened, but the less there is of "us" to be enlightened. It's a matter of letting Nature doing the work for us. There is a secret though to how the process of infinite creation takes place -- and that's the yin-yang-emptiness resonance of alchemy.

Hi Hardyg,

Excellent subject, this one, I think.

I have had only one experience that I can call being One with the universe.

No, I did not "see it all."

Actually, I didn't see anything because I had becone one with All.

I would agree with you that when someone says they have seen it all and now they know everything they are just spewing BS. They didn't really see it all. They were high on some drug or emotion.

I can't even tell you how I felt because there really was no 'feeling' (emotions) at the time of the experience. Only much later did I realize what happened. And because I knew nothing of Taoism at the time and really had no path and my journey was not defined I couldn't even put the experience into words.

I still can't totally put the experience into proper words even now. All I can say is that I felt as though I was One with All and "I", the separate individual, did not exist. I had no fears, no cares, nothing. Perhaps an awareness of non-being but yet, as I was aware, there was being.

After the experience I knew nothing more than what I knew before the experience. In fact, after the experience left me I remembered that I had forgotten something so I returned to where I had started and took care of what I had forgotten. Perhaps the experience offered me a clearness of mind?

I have never read a satisfactory definition of 'enlightenment'. I have read some that suggest that the person gained untold wisdom. Again, I think that this is BS.

Peace & Love!

yeah it's how a holograph works -- so there is a self-organizing of information which is a perfect process of instantaneous communication. To us it looks like there is three dimensional spacetime but that's actually a holograph of light creating energy and matter. Then there's a "formless awareness" which resonates spacetime through the yin-yang ratios -- the PRACTICE of this resonance is infinite creation. So we exist within the infinite resonance -- and this will go on forever -- and who "we" are is part of this instantaneous communication. So when we resonate through the yin-yang resonance then whatever "we" need to know is revealed to us -- as part of this impersonal creation process.

Could someone who has already experienced being one with the universe, realizing being everything, 'seeing it all', please try and describe this experience as detailed and comprehensible as possible? Because when people say they have "seen it all", this is very vague and question might come up like: "Like what for example?" and "Anything that you weren't previously aware of?". You know... the universe is a lot bigger than planet Earth. ;)

It's just that the nature of what people usually say about the experience makes me wonder whether there might be at least a bit of self-deception or exaggeration involved, maybe induced by euphoria.

I like Tao99's description - elegant, concise, beautiful, and poetic.

:D

Edited by steve f

Could someone who has already experienced being one with the universe, realizing being everything, 'seeing it all', please try and describe this experience as detailed and comprehensible as possible?
Good question.

What is the color of the underlying emptiness within it all? Black, clear, what?

I "saw" some "emptiness" today, and it seemed a grayish color...with maybe a very slight beige tone. But that made me ponder what the real color of emptiness is? What is the color of colorlessness?

This is an important point -- Ramana Maharshi states: "Consciousness is not light." I had a friend who claimed to be a follower of Ramana Maharshi yet even he stated "consciousness is light." It's a very subtle difference -- consciousness creates light as spacetime resonance. All these ways of modeling it are with words which is left-brain dominance. While meditation is LISTENING as logical inference. So if something is experienced -- light, energy, matter -- the logical inference is who IS experiencing this phenomena.

Ramana Maharshi taught that yogis get stuck in nirvikalpa samadhi -- so lets say you open up your chakras for real - the head gets soft as it pulsates with electromagnetic fields -- you can see dead spirits, etc. The question is WHAT NOW?

It's a big universe right? But much of the Eastern spiritual tradition says your job now is to get to the "highest" astral realm of the universe. In Buddhism says this -- that the final stage is when you can create as many physical bodies as you want which can be in as many places of the universe as you want!!

Ramana Maharshi says o.k. but even in the highest astral realm there is still a "you" experiencing the universe and logically the question remains - who is the "you" experiencing this spiritual realm. So Ramana Maharshi says that instead of getting stuck in various different nirvikalpa samadhi astral realms the mind has to be "killed" and can ONLY be "killed" through logical inference of the I-thought. This process means going to the origin of the heart-mind -- on the right side of the heart.

Left-brain logical inference activates the left-side vagus nerve which goes to the right side of the heart -- that's why it's called the "direct path." But it is still dependent on sublimating sex energy. Right-brain yoga uses the right-side vagus nerve which goes to the lower body and consciously sublimates the sex energy -- without needing separation from females. The chakras opened up are experienced as a holographic state -- so the OMKARA - the OM of the universe actually CREATES the heart-mind -- not the other way around.

No ONE is listening -- we are formed from the complementary opposite resonance of the heart-mind as one with the consciousness of the universe. This is called the 8th level of consciousness in Mayahana Buddhism. In Buddhism though it's emphasized to maintain the ego awareness of formless consciousness. So Ramana Maharshi and Poonjaji both created other physical bodies -- because there was desire by others for them to do so. If you read "Nothing Ever Happens" by David Godman, the biography of Poonjaji, it's described how there was "six" of him who attended his "six" birthday parties at various students' houses. Only Poonjaji DID NOT KNOW HE HAD SIX PHYSICAL BODIES. Other examples are given. So according to Buddhism Poonjaji did not have "supreme complete enlightenment" because he was not consciously aware of this power he had from formless awareness. Advaita Vedanta says it doesn't matter because the real truth is not the ego -- it's JUST the formless awareness as consciousness.

Here check out this section of Maurice Cotterell on "God, the Universe and Light"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-0cgWq3Cj0...feature=related

Good question.

What is the color of the underlying emptiness within it all? Black, clear, what?

I "saw" some "emptiness" today, and it seemed a grayish color...with maybe a very slight beige tone. But that made me ponder what the real color of emptiness is? What is the color of colorlessness?

Edited by drewhempel

Hello Hardyg and people on this string,

What the microcosm can realize is also of the macrocosm; and the mystery that is of the microcosm can not be held down, limited or stopped by that same mystery that is of the macrocosm... that is an idea of how the realization of universal oneness is possible if you will?

Here is a unpanishad that I feel alludes to this for anyone interested:

Chandogya, 8th Prapathaka, 1st Khanda:

"1. Harih, Om. There is this city of Brahman (the body), and in it the palace, the small lotus (of the heart), and in it that small ether. Now what exists within that small ether, that is to be sought for, that is to be understood.

2. And if they should say to him: 'Now with regard to that city of Brahman, and the palace in it, i. e. the small lotus of the heart, and the small ether within the heart, what is there within it that deserves to be sought for, or that is to be understood?'

3. Then he should say: 'As large as this ether (all space) is, so large is that ether within the heart. Both heaven and earth are contained within it, both fire and air, both sun and moon, both lightning and stars; and whatever there is of him (the Self) here in the world, and whatever is not (i.e. whatever has been or will be), all that is contained within it.'

4. And if they should say to him: 'If everything that exists is contained in that city of Brahman, all beings and all desires (whatever can be imagined or desired), then what is left of it, when old age reaches it and scatters it, or when it falls to pieces?'

5. Then he should say: 'By the old age of the body, that (the ether, or Brahman within it) does not age; by the death of the body, that (the ether, or Brahman within it) is not killed. That (the Brahman) is the true Brahma-city (not the body). In it all desires are contained. It is the Self, free from sin, free from old age, from death and grief, from hunger and thirst, which desires nothing but what it ought to desire, and imagines nothing but what it ought to imagine. Now as here on earth people follow as they are commanded, and depend on the object which they are attached to, be it a country or a piece of land,

6. 'And as here on earth, whatever has been acquired by exertion, perishes, so perishes whatever is acquired for the next world by sacrifices and other good actions performed on earth. Those who depart from hence without having discovered the Self and those true desires, for them there is no freedom in all the worlds. But those who depart from hence, after having discovered the Self and those true desires, for them there is freedom in all the worlds."

Om

Edited by 3bob

Guest artform

Hi Hardyg and All! :D:D

Great question, even if the provocative sceptic! ;)

I wouldn't use "seeing everything" as a literal statement, and the "mustard seed" or "grain of sand" works: it is something like the infinitely flexible scalable patternedness and interpatternated resonant nature of all.

I first experienced this 50 years ago in my early teens as an after effect or echo effect of intense dry hyper-orgasms as I've explained here and elsewhere in my blogs: http://www.thetaobums.com/blog/artform/ind...p?showentry=224

About a year and a half ago, during a glorious session with my wife in our mutual prostates energies practice, I experienced another form of union with all, and very great reluctance to try to translate it into words, Beyond Words... : http://www.thetaobums.com/blog/artform/ind...p?showentry=229

Just recently, in a long lucid dream, during the process of developing my personal amygdala clicking technique, I have had a third very different version which included dimensions of these first two approaches. I have struggled to put it into words too and am still seeing if that is possible or worth the effort.

Here is thread from the Aneros Forum, with a detailed description by a terrified newbie, overcome by the unexpected and unwanted phenomenon. http://www.aneros.com/forum/knowledge-of-t...yond-t4838.html He has since had a second one with added Christian interpretation within it.

It is interesting to compare with Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor's experience discussed in her book My Stroke of Insight, and her TED presentation, a link to which is available in the first post in this Aneros thread about her experience compared to others: http://www.aneros.com/forum/jill-bolte-tay...ight-t3897.html

As science takes a serious interest at the Mystical Brain: http://www.nfb.ca/playlists/films-scientif...mystical_brain/

None of this reveals some easy answer or shopping list of everything. It is much more an enveloping aesthetic immersive poetic resonance with all. You will know it when you have experienced it. It remains with you always. Although back "here", you never leave it. You have never not been a manifestation/part of it.

all the best energetics explorations and voyaging all

artform

Edited by artform