jago25_98

Practicing at sea

I'm working on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

As I type this every now and then the microcosmic orbit will start up.

This is after maybe... 3 months retention with a small transgression in a dream (held the lock when I relised in the dream what was happening, lost maybe 1/2 jing).

There's nobody here to chat to about practice. In fact, people in general are very unhealthy. The food is free but low quality (oil and meat) so I bring what I can, namely marine oils and plankton, seeds and whey. Next time I'll try bacteria based food.

I start my day my stretching my very stiff hamstrings. I then meditate for just 15mins in the morning on the deck of the boat. I have to wear a nylon jacket and headband to keep warm. Chi comes off the wind nicely and I usually get the Microcosmic going instantly. It then cuts out a bit until I relax my mind or think dirty thoughts.

I then might do 5mins horse stance (never done KungFu, this is just for core)... and then 15mins on a stationary bike indoors.

I don't have any teacher available to me. Not even on the phone.

Last year I felt very loving toward someone. After sex with withstaining once I saw dots moving in time with her breath. When I relised what I was seeing it disappeared.

I first got into chi when I was at the science museam. Not thinking anything of it I measured the voltage palm to palm before and after basic practice... got 2v higher, which astounded me. That pretty much opened my eyes to it all. Now I think, the body's a battery, so what?

Going to try sungazing for short periods next.

But really want to build in a healthy lifestyle long term. I can live anywhere with this work on the one hand, but on the other the food isn't easy and a killer for relationships (dual cultivation surely needs true love). Move to Switzerland? Move to a beach and surf? Or get a lower paid but normal job in a nice location perhaps....

hmm...

one thing for sure. I love Tao.

edit:

Also, have been known to do the lung healing sound as there's concreted asbestos in the walls on the boat...

Edited by jago25_98

Full-lotus is fun too. Thanks for sharing.

I'm working on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

As I type this every now and then the microcosmic orbit will start up.

This is after maybe... 3 months retention with a small transgression in a dream (held the lock when I relised in the dream what was happening, lost maybe 1/2 jing).

There's nobody here to chat to about practice. In fact, people in general are very unhealthy. The food is free but low quality (oil and meat) so I bring what I can, namely marine oils and plankton, seeds and whey. Next time I'll try bacteria based food.

I start my day my stretching my very stiff hamstrings. I then meditate for just 15mins in the morning on the deck of the boat. I have to wear a nylon jacket and headband to keep warm. Chi comes off the wind nicely and I usually get the Microcosmic going instantly. It then cuts out a bit until I relax my mind or think dirty thoughts.

I then might do 5mins horse stance (never done KungFu, this is just for core)... and then 15mins on a stationary bike indoors.

I don't have any teacher available to me. Not even on the phone.

Last year I felt very loving toward someone. After sex with withstaining once I saw dots moving in time with her breath. When I relised what I was seeing it disappeared.

I first got into chi when I was at the science museam. Not thinking anything of it I measured the voltage palm to palm before and after basic practice... got 2v higher, which astounded me. That pretty much opened my eyes to it all. Now I think, the body's a battery, so what?

Going to try sungazing for short periods next.

But really want to build in a healthy lifestyle long term. I can live anywhere with this work on the one hand, but on the other the food isn't easy and a killer for relationships (dual cultivation surely needs true love). Move to Switzerland? Move to a beach and surf? Or get a lower paid but normal job in a nice location perhaps....

hmm...

one thing for sure. I love Tao.

edit:

Also, have been known to do the lung healing sound as there's concreted asbestos in the walls on the boat...

Thanks for the welcome :-)

Some questions:

- Can there be such a thing as too much Microcosmic orbit? It seems to happen a lot?

- Is there a way to tighten the lower anal etc gate with exercises rather than simply the deer close and open exercise?

- is there such a thing as a Taoist retreat (i.e. not just Buddhist, not just Yoga, not just KungFu/Martial Arts, not just QiGong)

I'd like to try sungazing but it seems like there's been no sun here in the north sea viewable for ages!

Had a wet dream last night! I applied the gate a little but when I woke it was a total mess! O well, you live and you learn.

edit: Just tried meditating ~8hrs after that wet dream. To my suprise I did get some orbit. Not as much as before but it was working. Therefore I think how much Chi is lost is not related to how much liquid comes out but how much energy comes out.

Edited by jago25_98

The answer to all your question is the full-lotus.

If you sit in full-lotus the microcosmic orbit energy will circulate naturally. You might want to bend your neck a little so your forehead faces your hands in front of your lower tan tien.

The full-lotus will also "tighten" the lower chakra gates.

The full-lotus IS your retreat -- in real time -- right in the Matrix.

The full-lotus will CURE your nocturnal emissions -- just sit for at least a half hour before sleep. And then during the night if you need to -- you'll learn to wake yourself up while in full-lotus in your dreams! haha.

As far as the small universe and emissions, etc. the ultimate book is "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" trans by Charles Luk.

Thanks for your report and good luck.

Thanks for the welcome :-)

Some questions:

- Can there be such a thing as too much Microcosmic orbit? It seems to happen a lot?

- Is there a way to tighten the lower anal etc gate with exercises rather than simply the deer close and open exercise?

- is there such a thing as a Taoist retreat (i.e. not just Buddhist, not just Yoga, not just KungFu/Martial Arts, not just QiGong)

I'd like to try sungazing but it seems like there's been no sun here in the north sea viewable for ages!

Had a wet dream last night! I applied the gate a little but when I woke it was a total mess! O well, you live and you learn.

edit: Just tried meditating ~8hrs after that wet dream. To my suprise I did get some orbit. Not as much as before but it was working. Therefore I think how much Chi is lost is not related to how much liquid comes out but how much energy comes out.

Thanks for the tips.

Easy lotus (cross legged) is fine,

but full lotus feels very painful

-not enough flexibility in the legs

-the knee ligaments crack

I've been trying to stretch my legs hard to improve this, but I'm improvising those stretches. The cold might not help. Seem to get slightly more progress on the deck of the boat in fresh air and in cotton clothes rather than nylon.

I've certainly found the neck a block point. Sometimes I move it around a bit and that gets it going. Will try the hand movements - having to wear gloves though.

Still slow from that nocternal emission. Will have to work on flexibility to do the full lotus - it's like trying to bend iron to get the legs into that position. I'm trying half lotus now (left leg on top of the right), on top of a pillow.