Sign in to follow this  
kosem

Hello

I located this forum a few times after searching for a few Qigong topics. Decided to join, learn and contribute!

I have no long-term Qigong experience to speak of, or cool credentials, but I do practice daily.

I like candlelit walks on the beach and long dinners.

Thanks for having me

Awesome.

I located this forum a few times after searching for a few Qigong topics. Decided to join, learn and contribute!

I have no long-term Qigong experience to speak of, or cool credentials, but I do practice daily.

I like candlelit walks on the beach and long dinners.

Thanks for having me

What do you practice, Kosem?

Hi there & thanks for the welcomes,

You may have seen that old correspondence course online, usually as a torrent, for the Chinese National Chi Kung Institute. I grabbed those a while back and have performed the recommended practices described in those daily, and as recommended (not skipping ahead or anything like that). I also do Mantak Chia's inner smile stuff in the morning and some 'active internal Qigong' methods that follow my 'passive internal' stuff (I don't know if 'passive/active internal' are commonly used designations in the Qigong arena, but that is what they are titled as in the videos included in the torrent).

I also spend a good deal of time seeking to understand what I am practicing, learning what is there. Just step by step. I don't fool myself and think that I can grasp all that is there, particularly with lack of a teacher. I just assume I don't know much and things go pretty easy. I think that understanding what I can on as many levels that I can be aware of adds an 'immersion' effect and that is important for me because without that, I would just feel like I am going through some robotic motions, which isn't the case at all. And of course, much like the practices themselves, repetition of learning opens up new opportunities to see more, so I like to hit it from many perspectives for better understanding. Of equal and maybe more importance, I want to be safety conscious.

I'm impressed with the vast amount of information and layers upon layers within Taosim and its various expressions. ;)

I'm impressed with the vast amount of information and layers upon layers within Taosim and its various expressions. ;)

I just wanted to repeat this because I feel the same way.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this