Sloppy Zhang

Most Underrated Systems, Teachers, Books, etc

So there are a lot of "hot topics", systems, teachers, etc here on the forums. Kunlun, for example, Spring Forest Qigong, KAP, and a few others (we all know what they are anyway :lol: )

Not that these systems are bad or ineffective or harmful, or great even (please leave such discussion for their respective threads), but how about we talk about some lesser known systems?

You know, the systems that are good, but way too simple or straightforward, or may even without the dramatic flair that sets of the raging taobums fires :lol:

What have you guys seen, heard, or (even better), done that you think more people should know about?

THE BOOK OF NEI KUNG by C.K. CHU

Buy it, do it, and thank me & Blasto later!!!!

Edited by bindo

If you're interested in Taoist energy arts, want a skilled teacher and are lazy. I recommend Minke De Vos. Her site is SilentGround.com . She comes from a Healing Tao background. The reason I say lazy is because she has a superb line of CD's you can listen to in bed or in meditation.

Her Tao Basics covering Microcosmic Orbit, Sexual Energy, Chi Breathing, Deep Body/spirit communication all as guided meditations in one inexpensive CD, with biaural sounds, sound effects, her work is first rate quality. Her Sexual Energy guided meditation is one of the few that make me sweat. She has many breathing CD's and Fusion CD's, all very inexpensive.

She's not well known, doesn't actively sell the CD's so you'll be lucky to get them.

Speaking of CD's. If you want a more authentic (as far as I can tell) inexpensive experiential guided meditation taoist CD I recommend the Wudangtao.com. The master there has an excellent blog. They have a Morning and Night meditation-(http://wudangtao.us/ourstore/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2) 2 25 minute meditations by a wise Taoist Priest, light stretching, an easy style of reverse breathing, capturing the sun or moon (at night), filling dantien, warming energy, sending out blessings etc. For $25 its hard to beat, though perhaps Minke's Tao Basics does, though I'd say it compliments it.

Michael

Could you talk about and/or link to topics here where you've discussed your experiences with this book? Thinking about picking it up.

Thanks,

Sean

Yes, has anyone has practiced the system?

I think it is more of External Kung than Internal Kung. Please share.

AYP

Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha

Adyashanti

Could you talk about and/or link to topics here where you've discussed your experiences with this book? Thinking about picking it up.

Thanks,

Sean

Here is a video of someone else doing the

system by CK Chu. The postures are supposed to be held longer, beginning with 20 minutes of embrace the tree. (or working up to 20 minutes)

Their forms are a bit sloppy in the video, but it'll give you an idea of what it's about. The chi flow is incredible, and flexibility is improved quite a bit. It's very stimulating, and quite addicting because you will feel awesome after doing it.

Read the reviews at Amazon here.

Edited by bindo

... wrong place ... sorry :rolleyes:

refs removed

Edited by rex

Greetings..

I hope everyone will appreciate the sincerity and the well-meaning intention when i say: Common Sense..

Aside from that, Liu He Ba Fa..

Be well..

Guest sykkelpump

I think falun gong is one of the best.maybe the best qi gong system.it is very very underated,and I think people dont take it seriously because the man behind the system says some strange things.but I advice people to ignore him,just follow the instructions on youtube and dont care about the rest.falun gong combines movement,zhan zhuang and sitting postures.easy to learn and amazingly effective,and off course free as most good systems

AYP is also good,but Sean already mention that.And meditationexpert.com is also a must if you ask me.I think you have to do meditation regardless of what system you are doing.it is the single most importent thing.

Edited by sykkelpump

Bob, have you given up Taiji for Liuhebafa?

Where are you studying this?

Also, I sent you an email. Did you get it?

tks.

I think falun gong is one of the best.maybe the best qi gong system.it is very very underated,and I think people dont take it seriously because the man behind the system says some strange things.but I advice people to ignore him,just follow the instructions on youtube and dont care about the rest.falun gong combines movement,zhan zhuang and sitting postures.easy to learn and amazingly effective,and off course free as most good systems

AYP is also good,but Sean already mention that.And meditationexpert.com is also a must if you ask me.I think you have to do meditation regardless of what system you are doing.it is the single most importent thing.

I did falun gong for a bit and really liked it but stopped because ya, of some strange things I read the founder say in his book. I really liked that it's taught for free too. How long have you been practicing sykkelpump and what benifits have you noticed?

BLESSINGS!!!

Guest sykkelpump

I did falun gong for a bit and really liked it but stopped because ya, of some strange things I read the founder say in his book. I really liked that it's taught for free too. How long have you been practicing sykkelpump and what benifits have you noticed?

BLESSINGS!!!

It helped me opening the micro cosmic orbit increased the sexual energy much.It generally opens the channels and circulates energy in a very effective way.And you will feel happy,healthy and fresh

But like i said,you need meditation to generate lots of energy.falun gong helps opening blockages and circulating the energy.

Off course it works without meditation,but not nearly as effective

It helped me opening the micro cosmic orbit increased the sexual energy much.It generally opens the channels and circulates energy in a very effective way.And you will feel happy,healthy and fresh

But like i said,you need meditation to generate lots of energy.falun gong helps opening blockages and circulating the energy.

Off course it works without meditation,but not nearly as effective

If my memory serves me, I thought there was a meditation at the end of the 5 movements?

BLESSINGS!!!

Guest sykkelpump

If my memory serves me, I thought there was a meditation at the end of the 5 movements?

BLESSINGS!!!

Its a sitting posture,kind of a meditation.It becomes kind of a meditation when the energy starts to circulate and sometimes you can slip into a thoughtless state.But it is not what I would call meditation.

Edited by sykkelpump

Greetings..

Hi Bill: No, i haven't given up Taiji, it just keeps getting better.. i learned the Dragon and Phoenix LHBF sets from Weilun Choi and Weilun Huang.. i do the brush work, if you're interested.. (i even started playing with what little i know about Bagua in brush images, after your e-mail).. My more recent brush work has been to create images from one continuous stroke.. i've been studying Mandarin through writing/brushing the characters at the Guang Ming Buddhist Temple on Hoffner Rd., it's free and the teacher is very good with us non-Asians.. I was waiting till i had some decent samples to send you (my success is 'hit and miss')..

Be well..

Have to second that. A superb routine, and costs nothing to learn and practice. The often-discussed lower back pain, I had it all my adult life till falun gong, and never again. (Knock on wood.) The founder did say some strange things, and way back when, when I was exposed to it, to me the mention of aliens among us was the last straw... but now there's hardly a master out there who doesn't mention them.

Nothing wrong with the main message -- truthfulness, forbearance, kindness -- either. The falun itself, too, is as old as the stars, older in fact... and feeling it in your body is quite a trip.

The downside being that it's one of those schools that are deemed incompatible with other methods of cultivation. Perhaps because qi pathways it opens are rather unique. I had to cut my hair very short at one point when practicing this because qi started flowing upward along the back and getting entangled in the hair! However, once I did cut it, I knew why and wherefore so many monks and nuns of so many traditions do that.

Have to second that. A superb routine, and costs nothing to learn and practice. The often-discussed lower back pain, I had it all my adult life till falun gong, and never again. (Knock on wood.) The founder did say some strange things, and way back when, when I was exposed to it, to me the mention of aliens among us was the last straw... but now there's hardly a master out there who doesn't mention them.

Nothing wrong with the main message -- truthfulness, forbearance, kindness -- either. The falun itself, too, is as old as the stars, older in fact... and feeling it in your body is quite a trip.

The downside being that it's one of those schools that are deemed incompatible with other methods of cultivation. Perhaps because qi pathways it opens are rather unique. I had to cut my hair very short at one point when practicing this because qi started flowing upward along the back and getting entangled in the hair! However, once I did cut it, I knew why and wherefore so many monks and nuns of so many traditions do that.

Ya, that "incompatable with other methods" and his take on how healing others was a bad thing is what made me stop...too bad tho cuz I really liked the practice itself.

BLESSINGS!!!

AYP

Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha

Adyashanti

Thanks,

Sean

I just got in here. Happy to see this book/teaching on the list. www.neikungla.com has a profile of the teaching that is very concise and informative and can be read in 10-15 minutes. It's by Sifu Jim Borrelli, one of Master Chu's students who also helped write the Book of Nei Kung. Contrary to what was suggested in here, this nei kung is not an external system; it is internal martial arts chi kung. I posted Frantzis' description of the differences in here a few weeks ago.

I'm still trying to quantify my own experiences of the mental benefits, but things keep getting so much better that I am constantly compelled to hold off as my grasp of its subtleties becomes more refined.

I had no idea what the microcosmic orbit was until I had been practicing this technique for almost two years. When I started going crazy buying books on Amazon by Taoist author/practitioners, I started focusing on MCO and it came to me in a matter of weeks. Nei kung was responsible, of this I"m certain.

It's remarkably easy to learn, uncomplicated and extremely powerful. I am constantly hearing about 'secret' postures that render remarkable energy flow, but they often seem very much like the postures and movements in this system. Also, for those of you with osteoarthritis, there's very encouraging news posted at www.chutaichi.com by a physician who healed his ankles with nei kung and Master Chu's tai chi. He was looking at a fused ankle complex before he found nei kung. He now has full athletic ability. I spoke to him on the phone. Up to now there hasn't been much evidence of reversing bone on bone degeneration.

Edited by Blasto

this is a good nei kung master powerful too. check him out. After i learned about nei kung i looked back thru all my kung fu magazines to see who knew what they were talking about and i came across his ad it had a thunderbolt going thru the palm i talked to him over the phone and i learned alot. I practiced his system (nei kung) and had good results. Check it. http://www.clearstaichi.com/tai-chi-news/i...-power-dvd-1263

Thanks for more details about "The Book of Nei Kung", just ordered it.

Also, it's cool to see positive things said about Falun Gong. I also had good experiences with this form years ago. But I also eventually shyed away from it when I read some strange things that Li Hongzhi was saying.

Sean

Hey Taomeow,

from one cat to another,do most master's really go on about alien's amongst us ?.

sabretooth.