Sign in to follow this  
Yuen Biao

Relaxing music?

Hi all, can anyone recommend some really relaxing music? Not necessarily for meditation but just to put you in a relaxed state before sleeping.

I personally really like the Chinese style of music that we often see on instructional DVD packages for Taijiquan and Qigong.

Thanks for reading.

Hemi-Sync has this Metamusic Series that you may like. Most of them have mp3 samples you can listen to. Since they have the Hemi-Sync in them it should also help you get to sleep more easily.

You can also try Chunyi Lin's Back Into the Universe and Inner Beauty CDs if you like Chinese style music. The origin of the Inner Beauty music is quite interesting:

"...The music came to Master Lin during a five-hour early-morning meditation. After the meditation he copied the music he heard and gave it to musicians to play."

I like Chinese and Japanese flute music very much. I think you do too, so here's one for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QqdY-8SL-g

I'm sure you will have a generous flow-in of contributors so i will resist adding a long list of songs here.

All the best YB - cool name by the way. He was my fav kung-fu actor in my younger days!

I love japanese and chinese traditional music, it makes me feel closer and more connected with nature. I downloaded some time ago an album called "Chinese Instrumental Ensemble - Masterpieces of Chinese Traditional Music" inside: 01 Dancing Song of the Yao Tribe, 02 The Moon Over Wall Gate in Frontier, 03 The Moon Is High in the Heavens, 04 Parting at Yang Guan, 05 Spring Rivers and Flowers under the Moonlight, 06 Melodies from the Night Fishermen, 07 A Legendary Couple_ Scholar Liang and Lady Chou. My point of writing titles: you may find some on youtube.

Some of the flute music of the Andean people, played low, can be relaxing. I sometimes play while reading. I find that is helps restore my chi at a level below the energy I use to read.

Sign in to follow this