sabretooth

how to erase bad karma

karma mean's as you sow , so shall you reap ,as I'm sure you already know.

For the last five and a half year's I have had a price on my head,I think this will be my last year.

This situation really is karmic.

sabretooth.

yes, and it will pass.

what do you mean this will be your last year?

you literally have a price on your head? what did you do?

There is a peak on a hidden glacier in the mountains of coastal Norway. If you go there at a certain point of alignment with the earth's axis and the magnetic pole, and stay there for the remainder of this time, the energetic shift is so strong that no energetic trace of bad conditioning will be left.

Physics, chaos theory...

h

I think this will be my last year.

Reality is what you make it.

If protection is what you seek, then you have options.

It seems that you are succumbing to a Karmic reckoning of sorts...

if this is the case, then I must show my respect for your confrontation of fear

and bidd you good fortune on universal levels.

Be safe.

Karma may be nothing other than a guide to help people better their lives.

Whether or not Karma exists is not the focus.

There is a common cornerstone in 21 different world religions.

It is known as the 'Ethics of Reciprocity,' and also 'the Golden Rule'-

"Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself."

In math, you start with 0, and you're neutral.

If you add+ to 0, you'll find yourself in the positive.

If you subtract- from 0, you are then in the negative.

So to return to 0, the neutral state, simply do the opposite action.

The common idea is whatever energy is put in, will return.

That is how I live my life under Karma's hand.

But you must realize that Karma transcends actions and depends on energetic intention.

Rather than wonder what action will counteract punching an old lady in the face,

simply see it as negative energy and counteract with positive energy.

After that point, all you have left to do is to trust that Nature is just.

Life is a rollercoaster, when living in action.

It will go up, and go down, and go up, and go down, and it may even flip a few times.

If that is your reality, then I'd say, "you only get one ticket, so enjoy the ride."

Some of us tire from such action.

If this is your reality, then your aim is to transcend Karma and stay in the center.

If you take nothing else from what I've said, please pay attention to this:

You are the canvas. Experience is the paint. Action is the brushstroke.

Do not regret you're work of Art.

Good luck my friend :)

I really like that way of saying it seththewhite, thank u!

BLESSINGS!!!

"I think by 'erase' the OP meant 'untwist', or undo, purify, release.. almost the same meaning.

What would you recommend as a practical means to untwist one's past actions 3Bob? What would this entail,

if i may ask. You mentioned faith. Are there any other methods one can employ to purify one's memories of

the past? Regrets, guilt, that sort of thing.

Your thoughts? Thanks." from CowTao

Well, how about everything that helps lead us up to knowing that we are not really our memories although we have gained from going through experiences related to same - thus by the power of wisdom and compassion our attachments to our memories in ways that limit us can be seen through and untwisted.

This site, and so many other sources have lots of Sage advice about "everything" or the many fine spiritual and common sense ways that can help us do that. Good fortune to you CowTao.

post-51155-1263329435_thumb.jpg

Hello Marblehead, That was a delightful and insightful story about the lady and water pots! :)

Om

BLESSINGS!!!

I like the parts of the post that you highlighted, too. In fact, i like them a lot, they're quite beautiful and poignant. The thing is (there's always a 'thing') is that they stand very nicely on their own, independent of the discussion on karma.

BLESSINGS!!!

I like the parts of the post that you highlighted, too. In fact, i like them a lot, they're quite beautiful and poignant. The thing is (there's always a 'thing') is that they stand very nicely on their own, independent of the discussion on karma.

Thank you both very much.

I genuinely appreciate your consideration :)

To define is to limit - Tao is without limit - therefore it is impossible to define.

Is this true of ourselves? Not very often but it is possible for all of us.

That is such a fundamental thought. I feel blessed to participate in it.

"How am I not myself?"

And I also enjoyed the water-pot story Marblehead!

Edited by seththewhite

Hello Sabretooth,

Terrible karmic situations can be met with the assistance of advanced helpers... it truly is available, but not exactly on the internet except as a place to start. I'd suggest such help to be sought out in person, face to face. (and or in prayers for help which can lead to same, if you have not already done so?)

It works.

Om

Maybe it's just me but I've never understood how karma is such a hard concept to understand. As it has been said before, it's just cause and effect and the fact that your actions have consequences. Really difficult right? Now there are many nuances to it but the basic idea is very simple. I look at it as, for instance, hate only leads to more hate, ignorance only leads to further ignorance, etc.

Edited by thuscomeone

I've always thought that you should be very careful about what you believe, because those beliefs have consequences insofar as they color how you think and how you behave.

For example, I once saw an activist for the blind talk about her experiences with trying to improve the lot of the blind in Tibet. She said it was customary for people born with blindness to be shunned by the rest of the community, because they supposedly committed some bad karma in some past life for which blindness was the result.

Having a firm belief in karma and rebirth has some very serious consequences, a lot of them humanity could do without.

Oh sure, if I firmly believed in karma, I would be much more motivated to cut out some of my vices, but I would do it out of fear of being reborn as a hungry ghost. And I'd also be convinced that the homeless people in my city deserved their situation.

Why do you think that atheists and agnostics try to pack so much into their lives before they die? Because they believe--or in the case of agnostics, suspect--that life is a one shot deal.

On second thought, I think we all need to read up on karma before we say anything else about it in this topic. It has been said that karma is even more complex and difficult to understand than emptiness.

done a thing , can't take it back.

anyone know how to erase bad karma ?

sabretooth.

The only one that can forgive you is you.

I've always thought that you should be very careful about what you believe, because those beliefs have consequences insofar as they color how you think and how you behave.

For example, I once saw an activist for the blind talk about her experiences with trying to improve the lot of the blind in Tibet. She said it was customary for people born with blindness to be shunned by the rest of the community, because they supposedly committed some bad karma in some past life for which blindness was the result.

Having a firm belief in karma and rebirth has some very serious consequences, a lot of them humanity could do without.

Oh sure, if I firmly believed in karma, I would be much more motivated to cut out some of my vices, but I would do it out of fear of being reborn as a hungry ghost. And I'd also be convinced that the homeless people in my city deserved their situation.

Why do you think that atheists and agnostics try to pack so much into their lives before they die? Because they believe--or in the case of agnostics, suspect--that life is a one shot deal.

Karma is not within the 'belief' system. Rather it has a place within the physics arena being that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_laws_of_motion

Got any proof for this asserted generalisation? You might also like to consider that those of the Judeo-Christian-Islamic beliefs also believe that life is a one shot deal too.

Does anyone else find it deeply funny that these days atheists (like Dawkins et al) seem to proselytize with as much evangelical fervor of saving souls as your Mormon or Seventh Day Adventist missionaries do?

But more to the point: I recall Padmsambhava stated that one needed a mind as fine as sand grains to deal with karma effectively.

Karma means "intent". So as long as your intent has returned to "good", you're mostly OK.

Sometimes you can do better than that if you are skillful. So for example, if you poured water while it was cold, you have ice. This ice sticks around even if you have stopped pouring water. It won't stick around forever though. But if you are impatient, you can pour hot water mixed with salt on it. This will get rid of the ice much faster than just waiting for it to go away. But for this to work reliably, you have to understand each kind of ice and what the antidotes are. So for example, if you pour vaseline on the ice, not only will ice not go away, but it will become an even bigger mess. So not just any old thing will do.

You have to understand what conditions keep something the way it is. So for ice, it is cold and low salinity, for example. Making the environment hot will melt the ice. And increase in the salinity will keep it from re-freezing. So if you understand the conditions behind your karma vipaka, you can play with them.

If you pay attention, you can learn these things. For example people who have been paying attention noticed that the salt water doesn't freeze as readily. This is how you learn these things. You need to pay attention.

Edited by goldisheavy

Greetings..

'Karma' is a particular culture's perspective of 'consequences'.. the consequences of a poorly intended deed can be altered by other deeds more appropriately focused.. Karma does not set in motion unalterable consequences, Life is dynamic and not confined by 'cultural perspectives'.. As has been stated previously, the power of 'belief' is self-fulfilling, therefore caution is advised regarding 'beliefs'.. it has been my experience that sincere curiosity regarding the events unfolding in the continuous 'Now' reveals opportunities beyond the limitations of 'belief'..

Be well..

Karma means "intent". So as long as your intent has returned to "good", you're mostly OK.

All things considered, I still like this thought very much.

Peace & Love!

Got any proof for this asserted generalisation? You might also like to consider that those of the Judeo-Christian-Islamic beliefs also believe that life is a one shot deal too.

Does anyone else find it deeply funny that these days atheists (like Dawkins et al) seem to proselytize with as much evangelical fervor of saving souls as your Mormon or Seventh Day Adventist missionaries do?

But more to the point: I recall Padmsambhava stated that one needed a mind as fine as sand grains to deal with karma effectively.

Yes, it is a generalization, but not a sweeping one. Generally speaking, yes, Abrahamic religions believe in a one lifetime scenario, but what sets atheists and agnostics apart is generally they don't believe in an afterlife. I have a family member who doesn't believe in any sort of afterlife, and she is trying to travel to as many places in the world as possible before she dies.

To erase bad karma. genuine remorse is a good start.

Then there are practices that create good karma which can negate the bad karma earlier created.

Bowing repentences, reciting the great compassion mantra, the usnisa vijaya dharani, reciting namo guan shr yin pusa.

There are other ways as well, but these are suffice.

If people don't beleive in karma, that ok. But those who are able to see into the past can clearly see the 'cause' that results in a current effect being experienced.

Buddhist scripture has much explanation about the principles of karma.

Another great source is the book "changing destiny, Lioafans' four lessons"

For those who prefer to read about karma and the laws of cause and effect from a Taoist perspective, this book is a good source.

http://www.amazon.com/Lao-Tzus-Treatise-Re...e/dp/0060649569

Greetings..

'Karma' is a particular culture's perspective of 'consequences'..

from the forks vs chopsticks thread:

Using a fork involves stabbing the food, which is an aggressive act that will alter the energetic make up of eating the food. Throughout far east Asia, i have experienced that knives and forks on a table are bad for the karmic principles around eating, let alone trying to stab an opponent across the dining room table etc.

Feeling guilty yet?

done a thing , can't take it back.

anyone know how to erase bad karma ?

sabretooth.

The Law of Universal Energy Response: One's life experience is a perfect match of one's internal energy vibration.

:D

There's a connection between karma and women in short skirts.

That was just so funny for me. Been there, done that.

Peace & Love!

The Law of Universal Energy Response: One's life experience is a perfect match of one's internal energy vibration.

:D

Not if one goes against one's inspiration. I speak from experience. Going against one's inspirations causes great disharmony.

Peace & Love!

Greetings..

Feeling guilty yet?

Not at all. If someone has issues with eating utensils, then it is 'their' issue, not mine.. to extrapolate that notion further, chopsticks made of wood, destroy trees which harms the environment, which... yada, yada, yada.. these issues are nothing more than personal perspectives, choices to 'believe' a certain way.. metal utensils are reusable, long-lasting, easily cleaned, efficient, etc.. common sense is a useful approach to this issue..

Karma, is a choice of preconception, to project a certain 'belief' onto future events.. not my 'cup of tea'.. I accept that consequences are inevitable, but.. they are altered by choices made subsequent to the deeds or intentions that initiate them.. Karma, like so many beliefs, is humanity's attempts to assign order to its existence, it is an attempt to predict future events.. to the degree that someone, or some culture, actually accepts the notion of Karma as an existent condition, then it will manifests itself accordingly.. so, Karma is a creation of human conceptualization, it does not exist outside of that concept..

'Still the mind', suspend 'beliefs'.. Life will reveal a process of creation that is not bound by 'concepts'.. the Human Experience is just another chapter in the eternal process of evolution..

Be well..