Sign in to follow this  
enouch

CRAZY QUESTION!

What's new eh? In his book swami Rama gives an account of his master transfering his consciousness into a newly[fairly new] dead person's body. Of course this was to teach a lesson on the nature of transitory exsistence. My question is do you or have any of you heard,read about such practices? For taoists it would be a longevity practice indeed!

Or just thought transference in general...I guess telepathy or remote infuence would be modern examples.

Edited by enouch

What's new eh? In his book swami Rama gives an account of his master transfering his consciousness into a newly[fairly new] dead person's body. Of course this was to teach a lesson on the nature of transitory exsistence. My question is do you or have any of you heard,read about such practices? For taoists it would be a longevity practice indeed!

Or just thought transference in general...I guess telepathy or remote infuence would be modern examples.

I haven't heard of anyone doing so, but I would hazard a guess that if such a process is possible the process wouldn't be very stable and the body would have to be very recently dead and with no physical damage. Swami Rama's master may have done that as a demonstration to teach his students, but would most likely not think of using such a process to extend his physical life artificially since someone who is capable of doing something like that would not need to.

Lol,

Talk about a mad puppet show :P

If I were him I would go up to the guys family and say "Heerrreess JOHNNY!"

I haven't heard of anyone doing so, but I would hazard a guess that if such a process is possible the process wouldn't be very stable and the body would have to be very recently dead and with no physical damage. Swami Rama's master may have done that as a demonstration to teach his students, but would most likely not think of using such a process to extend his physical life artificially since someone who is capable of doing something like that would not need to.

What makes you say that? One does not necessarily infer[imply] the other, perhaps his skills were limited to his mortal coil. He was very old at the time and the body was recently[Ganges] dead. Also ,Rama himself had mysterious origins and there is one story from his disciples that he had transferred himself from a previous time. At any rate, it would be akin to Doctor Who and a way of keeping impermanence yet escaping death like the Doctor. At this point, it would behoove us to remember Rama's abilities were on Chang's level.

Edited by enouch

Lol,

Talk about a mad puppet show :P

If I were him I would go up to the guys family and say "Heerrreess JOHNNY!"

HAHAHAHAHA. That made me laugh so hard people started staring.

:D

HAHAHAHAHA. That made me laugh so hard people started staring.

:D

What makes you say that? One does not necessarily infer[imply] the other, perhaps his skills were limited to his mortal coil. He was very old at the time and the body was recently[Ganges] dead. Also ,Rama himself had mysterious origins and there is one story from his disciples that he had transferred himself from a previous time. At any rate, it would be akin to Doctor Who and a way of keeping impermanence yet escaping death like the Doctor. At this point, it would behoove us to remember Rama's abilities were on Chang's level.

Very funny indeed!

Sign in to follow this