Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Taoist Philosophy

As I was practicing Chitoryu, I experienced the state of emptying of mind. It made my actions more effective. The meditation and yoga helped clear my mind. I have wondered how to bring that into the world I work in.

I am an HR Leader and thus my decisions impact lives. I sought out the Tao because I could not unentagle myself from the ways of man. The decisions hurt me, although they had to be made. So, my question to you is how this has worked for you in your lives.

Have you cleared your minds. If you find your emotions in dealing with your family are overwhelming you, how do you restore your peace? Do you accept the wave of energy and know it will go away?

As I was practicing Chitoryu, I experienced the state of emptying of mind. It made my actions more effective. The meditation and yoga helped clear my mind. I have wondered how to bring that into the world I work in.

I am an HR Leader and thus my decisions impact lives. I sought out the Tao because I could not unentagle myself from the ways of man. The decisions hurt me, although they had to be made. So, my question to you is how this has worked for you in your lives.

Have you cleared your minds. If you find your emotions in dealing with your family are overwhelming you, how do you restore your peace? Do you accept the wave of energy and know it will go away?

Hi and welcome. Those are good points and questions. As an HR leader you might appreciate that I once taught Tai Chi to corporation employees on-site.

The trick was a] nothing far out b] no mention of spirit, heaven, gods, guides etc. as that's considered religious and the class had to be non-religious to be approved. c] have a specific goal in mind that Western science has some experimental understanding of (I chose the 'relaxation response,' which is the same as an emptied mind, with relaxed muscles and slowed, lower belly breathing.)

My objective, like you, was to show them a (Tai Chi) way to bring about the state you talk about because it reduces stress on your organs and systems, and so improves health/helps avoid stress related health problems. The (standard) technique is to "relax the muscles, deepen the breath, and quiet the mind" so that you enter a state of "quiet observation" w/o thoughts or judgments, in other words an emptied mind.

So I would recommend Tai Chi for your purpose.

Edited by Tao99

Nice response Tao99.

I agree that Tai Chi is a form of meditation and is therefore useful in clearing one's mind.

Regarding the work place, in most cases it isn't normally possible to take a meditation break but what I found when I was working was that if I just stepped back from whatever I was doing at the time for a minute or two, even if was just to go the the john and pretend I had to tinkle the walk there and back was normally enough time to clear my mind.

In family affairs it is most times more difficult because emotions are involved. It is most often best that we don't allow emotions to get stirred because that prevents logical thinking. Here it would probably be best if you just said, "Let's take a break." and go outside and walk around the block or anywhere where you can let the emotions cool and then go back for a logical discussion.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this