glooper23

Love all

Today, I created a thread asking if I should contact my one and only ex. And then an interesting concept hit me while meditating. Hopefully you can see why I felt this deserved its own thread.

I typically look at love as the absence of hate. I love nice people because they are good. That is, they don't do bad things. By loving these people, I typically put the people who don't do nice things into a bad group. I look at them as the role model for what not to do. I choose to brush them aside, using them to remind me why I love the good people.

And now for the interesting thought. Why not love all? Why not love the "bad" people; the "shitty" weather; the "sad" moments? While meditating on this, I envisioned the possibility that by loving all, my true nature will rise above and do the things only my true self would do. By loving all, the things around me that are of the highest good will be what I move toward. Instead of wanting to talk to my ex, I could love her by upholding my promise to not contact her. And then I will smile and think about how I love everything else. Instead of saying, "alcohol is evil, I will never drink it", I can allow myself to love alcohol. By doing this, I may remove the desire of it because I'm already happy and don't need a quick chemical thrill.

I was meditating on an exercise given to me by a system I'm following called "The Master Key." http://www.psitek.net/pages/PsiTekTMKSContents.html

The 5th lesson instructed me to meditate on a place I desire to be. I sat there thinking this somewhat conflicts with Taoism, as it is telling me to desire what I don't have - as if I need something external. I suddenly decided to meditate on the place I would really love to be: where I am right now. It helped me feel calm and peaceful, shutting out thoughts that were of things I no longer really desired.

This process also helped me imagine the possibility that love will solve "problems." I'm currently watching my mother's house while she's gone, and the to-do list is quite long for a place with 6 animals. While meditating, I somewhat worried about all I have to do tonight to take care of the creatures. But by loving everything, including the current moment, I saw myself switching mentalities. Instead of having to take care of the animals because I have to, I imagined taking care of them because I want to. Suddenly, the concern that I accidentally starve the dog or let a bird out of its cage vanished. And it did so because I now had the confidence. When I needed to do things right, I panicked, dreading the situation. When I decided to love and want to take care of the animals, I loosened up.

Now, I'm going to go put medicine in the cat's ear. :lol:

Okay. I hope you don't get scratched while you are putting medicine on the cat's ear.

I shouldn't speak to anything else you mentioned. Hehehe.

Love is a tricky word. Beware of the wolves in sheepskins.

Peace & Love!

Guest paul walter

This process also helped me imagine the possibility that love will solve "problems." I'm currently watching my mother's house while she's gone, and the to-do list is quite long for a place with 6 animals. While meditating, I somewhat worried about all I have to do tonight to take care of the creatures. But by loving everything, including the current moment, I saw myself switching mentalities. Instead of having to take care of the animals because I have to, I imagined taking care of them because I want to. Suddenly, the concern that I accidentally starve the dog or let a bird out of its cage vanished. And it did so because I now had the confidence. When I needed to do things right, I panicked, dreading the situation. When I decided to love and want to take care of the animals, I loosened up.

Now, I'm going to go put medicine in the cat's ear. :lol:

Well done gloop. Don't worry too much about how to live-you obviously already know what's important, just takes time convincing our pain to catch up. Best, Paul.

Well done gloop. Don't worry too much about how to live-you obviously already know what's important, just takes time convincing our pain to catch up. Love is unconditional,as you are finding out--the receiver of our love doesn't even need to know of our intention. Best, Paul.

Yes, LOVE will solve all problems, but you must get it right. Most of the feelings we have are lust, attachment, and these are nowhere universal. Start by loving yourself, all that you do, and all that has happened to you. Just about you. Then you will see how it blossoms.