Encephalon

If I could start over...

See? Being born before 1970 is good for sumptin. Makes you realize it is never too late.

Go back and get your nurse's degree. It will be the toughest thing you ever do but you will either hate it or love it. And you will always find a job. Be a travel nurse, go to Alaska and have all you expenses paid and make about $44 an hour. Still not enough men in nursing and they are great to have around.

A good majority of people get their degree in nursing in midlife as a career change. If you have a bachelor's degree already...even better. Your live lived experience will serve you well amongst all the baby nurses.

good luck

I'm seriously thinking about it. I would HAVE to take a memory course; ain't ready to slog through organic chemistry without it. I was a medic in Alaska 20 years ago and really dug it. We'll see how well these Taoist Longevity drills work. I'm taking SFQ Level 1 this month too.

Gurmukh dvd'S are dope....

Thank you for your thoughtful and penetrating analysis.

I'm seriously thinking about it. I would HAVE to take a memory course; ain't ready to slog through organic chemistry without it. I was a medic in Alaska 20 years ago and really dug it. We'll see how well these Taoist Longevity drills work. I'm taking SFQ Level 1 this month too.

Thank you for your thoughtful and penetrating analysis.

if you need someone to talk to about making it thru...i am here. I did the 6 year plan to get my BSN LOL and I have been a nurse since 1986. Done it all. Statistics was my personal demon.

my brains are on paper or a laptop....go see an acupuncturist and get your kidneys worked on for memory

all the learning tools you can download and carry on PDA...all the doctors do it...and a lot of the nurses

Consider learning at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center here in Denver. It's energy therapy friendly at the univ. Huge gigong, alternative healing, and marital arts community in Denver! Great place to hone your practice skills. Just google qigong and denver.

They also have a bachelor's to BSN program. Or a bachelor's to Doctorate in Nursing. One of the top ten nursing schools in the US.

I love living in Denver. I am networked into the alternative health scene so I can make intros if you like.

I read about a doctor who went to medical school at 48! I have read hundreds of books on memory and I have some gifts if you want them. Also I knew a man [security guard] who would race 15 teenagers down the block and come in seventh place! He was 53, in great shape,worked out five days a week. Could do a lateral leap onto his desk, break bricks on his forearms, bench press so much weight that the bar started to bend. Sometimes he couldn't sleep without performing a workout! Push ups or something.

Pmemory is okay but it uses memory aids just like all the rest. Why would you want to move away from California I'm thinking of moving there! Beautiful weather and women,open minded as well. It's nine degrees in Chicago! California is so huge!

I should add with a education in nursing, medicine, law, and other in- demand areas you really can't go wrong. Money for better or worse grants social freedom, it's the other traps you have to be wary of: A woman getting[hasn't happen to me yet] pregnant, false friends wanting money, law suits, stealing in all forms. I haven't responed to that thread on ''Something is holding me back yet'' but it defintely seems society is configured in away to keep us defeated. That is, without the proper knowledge and willpower-self discipline.

Edited by enouch

Why would you want to move away from California I'm thinking of moving there! Beautiful weather and women,open minded as well. It's nine degrees in Chicago! California is so huge!

You might click on the LATOC site for a comprehensive explanation for why moving to CA may not be in someone's best interest, although there are plenty of advantages that exist as long as our beloved "Suck the planet dry" economic model continues. CA is broke, will most likely get bailed out. It's extremely expensive too, but if you're tired of shoveling snow, it's kinda nice. It's currently 66* and sunny here in LA. It's just that it's all so unsustainable, by any criteria.

Humboldt County, on the coast, or Sonoma County, both up north, are my favorite places.

Nice post Blasto :-) what's with the dear hunting though?

Taoists regard vennison as a healthy choice, and since I'm not going to be completely vegetarian, especially if I succeed in moving to the mountains, I'll want to take advantage of this ample resource. I don't want to consume industrial meat products any longer, but I want to be able to feed my loved ones when SHTF.

I also want to explore the spiritual side of hunting down cute little animals and murdering them in the snow.

I don't want to consume industrial meat products any longer, but I want to be able to feed my loved ones when SHTF.

I just read today that Russia stopped buying USA chickens because they are treated with some chlorine stuff instead of cool air with some acids as done in Europe. I didn't even know we eat chicken spiced with chlorine!

Sorry for sideracking the thread.

Taoists regard vennison as a healthy choice, and since I'm not going to be completely vegetarian, especially if I succeed in moving to the mountains, I'll want to take advantage of this ample resource. I don't want to consume industrial meat products any longer, but I want to be able to feed my loved ones when SHTF.

I also want to explore the spiritual side of hunting down cute little animals and murdering them in the snow.

lol... Yes they are supposedly the most Yang animal. I guess you could also use the antlers too. Grind em up and mix with with ginseng or something. I've always wanted to make a deer antler tonic but never have and not sure what to put in and what proportions etc.

I just read today that Russia stopped buying USA chickens because they are treated with some chlorine stuff instead of cool air with some acids as done in Europe. I didn't even know we eat chicken spiced with chlorine!

Sorry for sideracking the thread.

Thats insane!

I read about a doctor who went to medical school at 48! I have read hundreds of books on memory and I have some gifts if you want them.

Pmemory is okay but it uses memory aids just like all the rest.

I'm a bit into different memory systems.

May I ask what kind of "gifts" you are referring to?

Thanks for all the good info! Phenomenal Memory tempts me, but the slogans remind me of the last book I read on the subject <_<

Can you tell me a little more about how it works?

I don't have a clue. Sorry.

I'm a bit into different memory systems.

May I ask what kind of "gifts" you are referring to?

Edited by enouch

Thanks for the great resume Blasto: I think it's a great introduction as well as a long way path for everyone of us, but especially for the beginners (like me)!

I'm actually getting used to a lot of practices that you mentioned, that's a good feedback - even because I'm 30 right now :)

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your experience.

Be well

Blasto, find a job that doesn't feel like a job, so even if you work 12 hours a day, you get enjoyment from it.

Thanks for all the good info! Phenomenal Memory tempts me, but the slogans remind me of the last book I read on the subject <_<

Can you tell me a little more about how it works?

You get lessons that take 1-2 hours and you can do up to 1 lesson per day.

It uses mnemonics so the main difference to most books is the practical orientiation.