Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Flowerlike fragrance and honey

Master Yoda and I were chatting and this topic came up. I have actually been thinking about it quite alot lately as I have managed to do retention for around 50 days and noticed some refinement of my energy. Basically what Ken Cohen briefly mentions in his book that " Both Daoism and Yoga compare spiritual wisdom to a sweet and fragrant flower rising out of muddy water. When this flower blossoms, that is, when the mind is clear and serene, you will sense a flowerlike fragrance around your body and a sweet taste in your mouth, like honey."

When I met Ken several months ago I actually smelled what seemed to me to be a fragrance like fresh flowers around him. Like the pure, refined qi within actually becomes noticable on the outside. Through the eyes, smell and taste. When I have managed to practice qigong consistenly along with retention I notice a sweet honey or sugary taste in my saliva.

Definetly motivating to keep up my practice so I can smell like flowers and have a honey taste in my mouth all the time!

Yoda asked what I thought created this and my guess is retention, meditation and qigong together produce hormanal changes in the body producing these superhormones(or something?).

Maybe Bill Bodri knows more about these homronal changes. Just wondering if anyone else noticed these kinds of things?

Edited by Cameron

the whole conversation left a rather sour taste in my mouth, as I've not had this experience <_< but I am "feeling" more sweet these days due to my recent rediscovery of meditation, so that's good.

There is a level of cultivation in which a sweet nectar like flow begins in the head and flows throught the body.

Chia mentions it somewhere.

Yogani mentions it here.

Edited by turbo

Cam,

I think you nailed it with the hormone thing... According to Chia's Cultivating Male Sexual Energy, it is when enough sexual energy reaches the pituitary gland. He also talks about it in Greatest when steaming from the heart center up, you may notice a sweet dew.

I experience it from time to time. Now being one of them. It seems that it is more common to me in the Spring. I have heard about the fragrence but haven't experienced that myself or know much about it except that it can be part of the process.

Schweet!

Matt

That's right Matt I remember reading about nectar somewehre. When the jing is overflowing and fiils the brain and sort of mixes with the higher energies of the head/heart or something. Then this honey or sweet taste fills the mouth.

The way I decribed it to Yoda before he told me to go fuck myself is it's like your tasting your energy.

Sometimes I taste my energy and it is crap if that makes you feel better oh great green one.

Ok, so Matt is the only person to sort of exprerience this?

I wonder why more people havent experienced it. Are they doing something wrong. Maybe our thoughts are impure or something?

Cam, I experience this sometimes. For me it's almost like a faint licorice taste. I've also tasted the opposite, a bitter metallic taste. Could be a synesthetic response to changes occuring in the nervous system / subtle body.

That's right Matt I remember reading about nectar somewehre. When the jing is overflowing and fiils the brain and sort of mixes with the higher energies of the head/heart or something. Then this honey or sweet taste fills the mouth.

The way I decribed it to Yoda before he told me to go fuck myself is it's like your tasting your energy.

Sometimes I taste my energy and it is crap if that makes you feel better oh great green one.

Ok, so Matt is the only person to sort of exprerience this?

I wonder why more people havent experienced it. Are they doing something wrong. Maybe our thoughts are impure or something?

I forgot that I have experienced the fragrance. It was a few years ago and someone pointed it out to me that it was where I was in my office. I am hyper sensitive to chemicals so I don't ever have anything on or around me. It was around the time that I first started to experience the sweet taste, this person picked it up as fragrance and then I noticed it as well.

I am pretty sure this all started after the kundalini / primordial energy awakened. It wasn't like anything I did except I practiced the formulas.

Matt

Sign in to follow this